Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two straight wins who do you think is next for chris leben?

Reactions: BrianRClover

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Chris has had one of the most interesting careers in the UFC if you ask me. People sometimes forget he sits in an elite group of guys who started their UFC career with 5 straight wins. In fact when Anderson Silva debuted, I would think that Leben would have gotten the title shot had Anderson not knocked his head into the balcony seats.

He's in a strange place, and is a strange fighter to promote for the UFC because he is clearly not going to be someone like Silva, but I think he could be competitive against just about anyone else at MW.

I think Chris should get someone like Kendal Grove. Two pretty good names that could easily be the fight just before a co main event on a payperview. Both guys are known for exciting fights. If he wins a fight like that, then maybe give him Yushin Okami.

EDIT: Another good idea, IMO, would be Court McGee. See what the young new guy is really made of right off the bat, and since they fought on the same card and won their fights I'm assuming their suspensions will clear about the same time.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I like the idea idea of Leben vs. Okami. Problem with Leben though is that he doesn't have that impressive wins streaked yet, plus there was that steroid bust etc. too. I would expect Dana to give him another B-C level opponent before throwing him in the ring with someone like Grove or Okami. Its not like he can justify anything better right now.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the idea idea of Leben vs. Okami. Problem with Leben though is that he doesn't have that impressive wins streaked yet, plus there was that steroid bust etc. too. I would expect Dana to give him another B-C level opponent before throwing him in the ring with someone like Grove or Okami. Its not like he can justify anything better right now.
I agree completley. I see him fighting someone like a drew mcfedries or someone like that. He should beat them and then take a step up in competition.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Give him the loser of Wandy-Akiyama.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about James Irvin? Would be a epic stand up brawl imo

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Anderson Silva. Leben is a k-1 level striker, he could give Silva all sorts of problems.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
lol a k-1 level striker? noice
Exactly. The crippler wouldnt let Anderson do his dancing and taunting around the octagon, He would use his k-1 level striking and KO his ass.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
My second choice would be vitor belfort. Sure vitor has good hands, but leben has diverse K-1 striking ability, he could over whelm Vitor.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Jon Hathaway would be a could be a good fight for him, a step up for the Brit or Leben playing his role as a shutdown gatekeeper.

Leben is slow, a little pudgy, heavy handed guy with a great chin, heart and solid BJJ. A bonafide MMA veteran, he knows the cage, knows the sport. Never looks in great shape, but he's a gamer till the fight ends - win or lose.

THIS is the type of guy I want to see coaching TUF, veterans. I could care less about ratings.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Jon Hathaway would be a could be a good fight for him, a step up for the Brit or Leben playing his role as a shutdown gatekeeper.

Leben is slow, a little pudgy, heavy handed guy with a great chin, heart and solid BJJ. A bonafide MMA veteran, he knows the cage, knows the sport. Never looks in great shape, but he's a gamer till the fight ends - win or lose.

THIS is the type of guy I want to see coaching TUF, veterans. I could care less about ratings.
Hathaway fights at 170. I hope they give Leben a solid ground guy like Maia so he loses.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
He's trolling, please don't feed him.
ha ha, common sense prevails. It was fun whilst it lasted, i was just taking the piss out of Leben.

OT. Ive always been a fan of lebens fighting style, he may not be the most technical or quickest of guys, but he hits hard, has good stamina and a great chin and great heart.

Grove vs Leben would be fun.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts