Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
HW-Aleksander Emelianenko, and Mark Hunt would be fun to watch
LHW- I think Shogun and Arona would be pretty unstoppable
MW/WW- Dan Henderson would be a beast and would use the cage great, Id like to see Ninja Rua come over as well and fight at 185.
LW- Gomi...obvious reasons

·
Banned
66 Posts
If this is concerning PRIDE FC rejects here is who I would chose:

Heavyweights: Sergei Kharitonov, Fabricio Werdum, Wagner Da Conceicao Martins, Kazuyuki Fujita, and Heath Herring.

Light Heavyweights: Cyrille Diabate, Alistair Overeem

Middleweights: Dan Henderson, Akihiro Gono, Amar Suloev, Ryo Chonan

Lightweights: Mitsuhiro Ishida, Jeff Curran, Jason Black

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Pride can send some fighters over and do some serious damage , ex: HVW division they can send over Hunt, Kharitonov, Alex or even Nog ..

205lbs: they can send over Arona or Wand to take out Chuck , and Shogun or Overeeem to fight Tito

Hendo to fight Franklin

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea as "Pride Rejects" I think Werdum would do pretty well. Dan Henderson would get the title imo.

Oh and Mark Hunt would be a beast in UFC. He would have a chance to take out Silvia.

Even though Tito is one of my alltime fav's, Shogun would def outstrike Tito.

Wand can take out Chuck, even Nog would be nasty there. I don't know about beatin Chuck tho, that's iffy.

Gomi is no question

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Shogun would beat everyone in the ufc, heavyweights included..Arona would be a beast in the octogon..i dont think wandy would be as good over here..Hunt would beat sylvia..

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
WandyBJPenn said:
Yea as "Pride Rejects" I think Werdum would do pretty well. Dan Henderson would get the title imo.

Oh and Mark Hunt would be a beast in UFC. He would have a chance to take out Silvia.

Even though Tito is one of my alltime fav's, Shogun would def outstrike Tito.

Wand can take out Chuck, even Nog would be nasty there. I don't know about beatin Chuck tho, that's iffy.

Gomi is no question
Are you talkin about big nog or lil nog..Cuz i think big nog would beat chuck..Lil nog vs chuck would be a good fight...lil nog's only loss was to shogun and it was a war, very close..i think both of the nogs would love using the cage

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I wonder why Dana White hasn't invited them to the cage. That would be crazy. I meant Big Nog....he can beat Chuck...but you never know.

I think Wand would do good in a cage, but the only backfire he might have is being pressed up on the cage..but he can outstrike any striker in the UFC imo.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I think the hardest thing for the pride fighters would be to adapt to the rules of UFC. No stomping, and the fact that they wouldnt be allowed to take the kind of beating that a pride ref would allow. The fights would be stopped to quickly!

·
Registered
332 Posts
my 2 cents..if anybody wants it.....

I think the hardest thing for the pride fighters would be to adapt to the rules of UFC. No stomping, and the fact that they wouldnt be allowed to take the kind of beating that a pride ref would allow. The fights would be stopped to quickly!

·
Registered
332 Posts
my thoughts

Id love to see Alovski vs. Emelianenko!!!!! I dont care if Sylvia is the H-weight champ, I think he's chump, always have, always will. I think Arlovski fought like crap in their third fight. Also Hunt vs. Monsoon would be interesting

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Punishment 101 said:
hahah do you reallly think that bro ? :laugh:

agreed with the Arona comment, Arona's style fits in perfect with the UFC
yea i do..i think he would blow Chuck out of the ocotgon..Did you see how bad he beat Rampage and Arona..His toughest match up would be AA..But I think he would beast on sylvia..take him down and submit his goofy ass..I think when all is said and done Shogun is going to go down as the second best fighter of all time

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
No one would blow Chuck out of the water right now. I'm tired of all the Chuck hating. Shogun does have the best shot at beating Chuck IMO but take away his face stomps and he's in trouble. I think Chuck would eventually catch him like everyone else.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shogun I think can outstrike Chuck with the knees, which he tore Rampage apart with...not stomps. So I don't think the rule would matter...Shogun is skilled enough to try something difference, esp the clinch. And still I think Wand can take out Chuck, but the high will help Shogun out more. I still think Big Nog would submit Chuck...unless Chuck does his infamous sprawls.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
jdun11 said:
yea i do..i think he would blow Chuck out of the ocotgon..Did you see how bad he beat Rampage and Arona..His toughest match up would be AA..But I think he would beast on sylvia..take him down and submit his goofy ass..I think when all is said and done Shogun is going to go down as the second best fighter of all time
yea thats coool man. I personally think Shogun isnt on the level of Chuck/Wand/Tito yet , but who knows time will tell, in the UFC i reallly think AA, Tito, Chuck, FRANKLIN & Sylvia would alll beat him one way or another. it would be good to see though

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would love to see some of the talented HW's: A Emelienenko, Barnett, Herring, Hunt. I would love to see Rampage in the UFC again even though I know that is not likely to happen. I really wanted to see Wanderlei Silva in the UFC again, I was as disappointed as anyone that the Liddell/Silva fight is not going to happen. Either or both Nog's, they are great and would be immediate contenders.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Keithpas said:
I would love to see some of the talented HW's: A Emelienenko, Barnett, Herring, Hunt. I would love to see Rampage in the UFC again even though I know that is not likely to happen. I really wanted to see Wanderlei Silva in the UFC again, I was as disappointed as anyone that the Liddell/Silva fight is not going to happen. Either or both Nog's, they are great and would be immediate contenders.
I dont think Rampage has ever fought in the UFC before

1 - 20 of 35 Posts