Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you believe that BJ Penn cannot beat Matt Hughes because Matt has gotten a lot better since then. Others believe that Matt Hughes won't survive BJ because of the same reasons plus he already beat Matt once! Going into this fight, who do you think has more to prove?

·
Registered
82 Posts
BJ has more to prove it's his second chance at Matt, it's probably gonna be the only title shot he ever gets from the UFC. He's coming off a hard loss to GSP and overall theirs been alot of discussion about him falling off or just beginning to look like he's past his prime.

Overall i'm betting on BJ i think the above reasons will be enough motivation for him to win, He's hungry for it more so than Hughes he has to prove that his 1st win over Huges was legit and that he still a championship worthy fighter

Unfortunately if he win's his run at champ will be a short one cuz GSP is gonna murda him.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I personally think BJ won that fight against GSP
BJ has more to proove since he is fighting the fan favorite Matt Hughes. For that reason i hope Hughes loses.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i think BJ has more to prove, i also think Matt will most definantly win. BJ dose look as if he is falling off a bit and Matt HAS NOT fallen off of anything. i can't wait for this fight, i am gonna miss though i am going on vacation to maui and i dont know if i will get to see it or not. one way or another Matt is going to be more attentive and not get caught up in a submission. i know if he handles him like he did Gracie he will be fine just don't rush it and wait for BJ to get caught up doing to much or going for to much at once.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
If he loses then I will create a thread apologizing about my "What's so great about Matt Hughes" thread. Not that I don't think Matt has a chance, but if he does beat Penn, which he very well could, then I guess my opinion of Matt will be officially wrong and therefore I will step up and admit it for all of you that disagreed with me.:thumbsup:

In response to the threadstarter, I think Matt has more to prove since he already lost once to BJ, he wants to avenge his loss and prove to everyone (especially me:D ) that he is all that he is hyped up to be and more. I don't see how BJ has more to prove honestly, he's already proven he could beat, well dominate, Matt. So I think Matt has more to prove in this fight which could be BJ's downfall. BUT HOPEFULLY NOT!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
BJ Has the most to prove, just to see if last time was pure luck, or he actually has what it takes to be the best WW in the world. I personally look for Hughes to end this fight realatively quick for some reason, I think BJ will have a HUGE chip on his shoulder from last time and get caught up in the moment

Danny Abbadi has to prove to me that he can last more than 2 minutes with someone. It wont make me like him, respect him, or welcome him with open arms in the UFC, but it will prove his not as big of a joke as everyone...........wait who am I kidding, the guys a joke no matter what lol

·
Registered
794 Posts
without doubt danny abaddi has the most to prove, i have not read one good thing or one positive comment about the guy. He needs to prove he can simply hang with JG for a while....if not well its as we all expected.

BJ Penn is one of my fav fighters but i also agree he has a chip on his shoulder and unless he gets rid of that and trains 110% he will not win. Matt hughes has much more motivation in beating BJ than GSP.

A rashad win will put him that bit closer to a shot at a big name fighter, so he has plenty to prove.

Jens needs to win a will have a bit of Frank Mir pressure on him.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I also think Penn has more to prove. Just coming off a loss, he has more to prove. Matt is already champ, but does need to avenge his loss

·
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
5,066 Posts
I think Hughes has the most to prove in the main event. He got his arse handed to him in the first match and needs to show why he is the current WW champion. i have to agree with wouldluv2fightu on this one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
All good

It's all good, I think after this fight it will be shown why Matt Hughes is considered the best and most achieved Welter Weight Champion in the WORLD. I can say this much for some ODD (.001%)reason if BJ dose pull of a win again I will be crushed but one thing will remain Matt Hughes is and always will be the best Welter Wieght to ever compete in the world. :thumbsup: I think both have something to prove so it should be a phenominal fight. POINT BLANK!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not sure on this one. One hand BJ won already so you would assume Hughes has more to prove. But IMO BJ left the title, both titles actually. He thinkshes top dog. But he left. That to me means he needs to work for it again. GSP was right to be upset when he had to fight Penn. He was the next one slated to go against Hughes. (Dana $ making idea #12933) But never the less. Hughes beat GSP, with excellent BJJ counter. Now grant it, that GSP does not have the same level of BJJ skill as Penn. But I still say over all Penn has the most to prove. He left and now is only a "sub" for someone who already beat him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts