Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.9%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
The Detective
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to make this thread for a while but never got around to it. Who do you guys think has the best leg kicks out there?

I'll put some of the ones that I think are the best.

Jose Aldo- Look what he did to Faber

Thiago Alves- powerful quick kicks. Dominated Koshcheck with them.

GSP- GSP has some nice leg kicks, I like how he throws them after his superman punches. Nice combo.

Anderson Silva- He doesn't show them a lot, but when he does do it, it looks amazing. He had one or two against Mia that really impressed the hell out of me.

Alan Belcher- The guy has some seriously strong legs and throws his kicks really hard.

Forrest Griffin- He loves throwing kicks in his fights. He used them really well in his fight against Rampage.

Brandon Vera-Brando Vera has some of the nastiest kicks around. He has long powerful legs and amazing technique. and even has a tko victory from leg kicks over some dude whose name I don't recall.

Shogun-Shogun has some sick leg kicks. He used them very well against Machida. Definitely some of the best around.

CroCop-No explanation really needed here. If it were a head kick thread he would win easily, but he has more competition in leg kicks.

Pat Barry-Jesus this guy hits hard. Would not want to fight this guy.

Antoni Hardonk- He has some really nice kicks. Doesn't have much name recognition but the dude can really kick well.

Cain Velasquez-I was super impressed with his kicks against Big Nog and he is only going to get better.

These are off the top of my head so I may have missed some good ones.

I voted Pat Barry just because he I think he has the most potential to end a fight by leg kicks. He has some serious power.

·
....Omar Comin'
4,797 Posts
After watching Hardonk TKO Colin Robinson via 3 swift leg kicks, i dunno if anyone would be able to stand and take them. Perfect technique and a whole lot of power to boot!

·
....Omar Comin'
4,797 Posts
After watching Hardonk TKO Colin Robinson via 3 swift leg kicks, i dunno if anyone would be able to stand and take them. Perfect technique and a whole lot of power to boot!
Just checked Hardonk's record and he has 3 wins via leg kick TKO. That must be a record in itself?

·
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy
2,060 Posts
Barry has destroyed some fools with leg kicks. No doubt in my mind that Barry would kick all those guys balls into outerspaaaaace!

·
KO artist
5,552 Posts
The only real choices are Pat Barry, Hardonk and Alves... I had a total wtf moment when I saw Forrest and Velasquez on there :confused02:. These guys have weak as hell and shoddy technique kicks compared to some of the masters listed.

I'll go with Hardonk because he's the only guy to STOP three people with just leg kicks and that's an insane statistic to me. Clearly guy's doing something right. Then Barry, then Alves.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I would agree Hardonk if you looked at leg kicks in a vacuum. I would argue Silva and Aldo because unlike Hardonk, they can throw leg kicks with almost no retaliation because their opponent is terrified if walking into range to box with them.

·
2,060 Posts
The only real choices are Pat Barry, Hardonk and Alves... I had a total wtf moment when I saw Forrest and Velasquez on there :confused02:. These guys have weak as hell and shoddy technique kicks compared to some of the masters listed.

I'll go with Hardonk because he's the only guy to STOP three people with just leg kicks and that's an insane statistic to me. Clearly guy's doing something right. Then Barry, then Alves.
Pat Barry has stopped 5 guys using leg kicks if you count his kick boxing career. Considering leg kicks work the same in kick boxing as MMA i think it should be counted:thumb02:

·
Premium Member
324 Posts

Every time Cain fights, Joe Rogan goes on about how perfect his leg kicks are, especially in the Nogueria fight. That being said, I think Hardonk has the best legs kicks in the UFC.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
Chose Pat Barry, but Hardonk is up there if not the top. All I've got to say is leg kicks are not fun. My legs were cramped for a whole week during a sparring session. It's like a charlie horse that never goes away.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Barry or Hardonk clearly have the strongest leg kicks out of these fighters mentioned in the poll imo. And, between them, they also have the victories to prove it. But, imo, the statistic also has to take in consideration the level of competition against whom these victories where achieved, using leg kicks. Not taking anything away from these guys, but when they faced A+ level fighters, their leg kicks just didn't work.

That's why, for me it's Aldo or Shogun.
Aldo has insane power in those kicks and flawless technique.
Shogun's muay-thai leg kicks are also sick. Between these two...i choose both of them.:thumb02:

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts

Zombie-leg says hello! For a guy his size, Aldo just kicks so extremely hard, and has awesome technique to boot... Poor Faber :)

·
KO artist
5,552 Posts
Every time Cain fights, Joe Rogan goes on about how perfect his leg kicks are, especially in the Nogueria fight. That being said, I think Hardonk has the best legs kicks in the UFC.
Well I always thought he was mentioning that in the context of Cain being primarily a wrestler. As in Cain has such good standup and leg kicks FOR a wrestler ... or like that kid draws so well for a three year old. And we really only saw them used well in the Nogueira fight, the rest it was just a pat or two before he went to his bread and butter.

Anyway, not saying they're bad, but they just don't seem comparable to the devastating ones used by the likes of Barry or Hardonk.

Pat Barry has stopped 5 guys using leg kicks if you count his kick boxing career. Considering leg kicks work the same in kick boxing as MMA i think it should be counted:thumb02:
Good point. I still think MMA leg kick wins are more impressive though, considering how sparsely one gets to use them with the risk of takedown and less time spent on the feet in general. In kickboxing it's just part of the game, you're gonna have to stand and bear them, but in MMA one always thinks of changing levels when they get too much.

·
2,060 Posts
Well I always thought he was mentioning that in the context of Cain being primarily a wrestler. As in Cain has such good standup and leg kicks FOR a wrestler ... or like that kid draws so well for a three year old. And we really only saw them used well in the Nogueira fight, the rest it was just a pat or two before he went to his bread and butter.

Anyway, not saying they're bad, but they just don't seem comparable to the devastating ones used by the likes of Barry or Hardonk.

Good point. I still think MMA leg kick wins are more impressive though, considering how sparsely one gets to use them with the risk of takedown and less time spent on the feet in general. In kickboxing it's just part of the game, you're gonna have to stand and bear them, but in MMA one always thinks of changing levels when they get too much.
Very true guy very true indeed.:thumb02: Both dudes pack some amazing kicks though that's for sure.

·
2,060 Posts
antoni hardonk
thiago alves
cain velasquez
sean sherk
brandon vera
shogun rua
forrest griffin
pat barry
not in the UFC but jose aldo.