Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I don't think he has one to that degree, you gotta realize that Chuck and Dana go back to when Dana was Chucks manager before Zuffa ever bought the UFC and before Chuck was ever the dominant LHW champ.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Brock Lesnar is currently his golden boy who makes him the most cash.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
In terms of relationship wise, the TUF guys have it best with him. Forrest, Florian, Rashad are all at the top of his list.

Then he has his money makers which include Brock, GSP, Andy, and the other elites.

But as Toxic said, nothing on the degree of love that Chuck got.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
I think he's got a lot of love for Frankie Edgar atm seeing as he basically saved 112 from being a complete blow out

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
In terms of relationship wise, the TUF guys have it best with him. Forrest, Florian, Rashad are all at the top of his list.

Then he has his money makers which include Brock, GSP, Andy, and the other elites.

But as Toxic said, nothing on the degree of love that Chuck got.
As in Anderson Silva? I think Dana probably hates Anderson Silva more than he does Tito. The UFC have spent a fortune promoting Anderson and he has never drawn money, then you have the boxing talk and finally the crap fights like the Maia one to further turn off the fans. Oh wait I forgot about the fact that Anderson basically tells the fans he doesn't care about them. Why on earth would Dana like Anderson Silva? If Anderson dropped 3 in a row and Dana could cut him I think he would be on cloud 9.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
GSP would be the golden boy as far as marketability and image. He's also earning about 400k per fight these days depending on buys.

If Brock didn't trash sponsors and flip off the crowd it'd be him.. he's the biggest draw in the UFC, gets the most PPV buys and earns the most cash per appearance.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
As in Anderson Silva? I think Dana probably hates Anderson Silva more than he does Tito. The UFC have spent a fortune promoting Anderson and he has never drawn money, then you have the boxing talk and finally the crap fights like the Maia one to further turn off the fans. Oh wait I forgot about the fact that Anderson basically tells the fans he doesn't care about them. Why on earth would Dana like Anderson Silva? If Anderson dropped 3 in a row and Dana could cut him I think he would be on cloud 9.
I know he hates him personally, but I thought he was a big draw. I guess my post is a little confusing. I was trying to do personal friendship golden boys and then money making golden boys.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
GSP.............I don't even have to read anyone else's replies. Everybody loves this guy, he's so damn humble. He just needs to put on a little bit more of a show sometimes, not all the time, he usually does.

But he is the GOLDEN BOY:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Before GSP fights Koscheck, i guarantee White will have a rematch penciled if GSP loses a close one. If Koscheck takes out GSP, Dana White will cry and $hit his pants.

Dana White would have no problem watching Anderson Silva lose, he'd probably celebrate. He probably won't twitter a smily faces, but he'd be just as happy as Fedor losing.

Brock losing might bother him a bit, as Carwin isn't as marketable. No auto-rematch though, that's for sure.

I would say his top 5 'Golden Boys' in order. Dana White wants none of these guys to lose:

1. GSP
2. Brock
3. Jose Aldo
4. BJ Penn
5. Jon Jones

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
Brock losing might bother him a bit, as Carwin isn't as marketable. No auto-rematch though, that's for sure.
The auto rematch would be such a farce as the title shot, so yes, i see it happen...

His golden boy is the guy he sees when looking at the mirror!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think he sees Brock as his enormous cash cow.

GSP is his golden boy at the minute, and he is determined to protect him. His status as cash cow might be diminishing, but he still loves him.

He loves the TUF guys, and always will.

He has deep-seated affection for BJ Penn and Randy Couture.

He DISLIKES Anderson Silva in both a personal and professional capacity, and nothing would make him happier than to cut him after a couple of defeats.

No one will come close to the relationship he and Chuck had; they where friends before Dana became involved in the UFC if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
750 Posts
the korean zombie will also become one of his favs

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Anderson Silva losing will be great for the UFC. Whoever beats this punk will be instantly a big star and very over with the fans. It will create a lot of hype, plus Dana gets to shit all over him.

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
GSP would be the golden boy as far as marketability and image. He's also earning about 400k per fight these days depending on buys.

If Brock didn't trash sponsors and flip off the crowd it'd be him.. he's the biggest draw in the UFC, gets the most PPV buys and earns the most cash per appearance.
This guy got it right.

Brock is Dana's cash cow. GSP is Dana's poster boy. Brock brings in the most attention and money. GSP is a model fighter and a great role model for wannabe fighters.

If Brock's stock falls, and GSP persues his wrestling ambitions, Dana and Co need to brain-storm some replacements for those roles, fast!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts