Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 1st time poster just wondering who Anderson Silva would be matching up agianst next. Would it be Ace agian? : and do you think he could handle facing that Muay Thai clinch again. Silva just made him look silly.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a feeling that they will bring Matt Lindland back to face Silva but it will be the TUF 4 winner and then Swick if they can get the marketing machine to push Swick vs. Silva. Otherwise, look out for Linland or maybe another Pride fighter will break into UFC to get the belt.

If they bring Linland back, there will be a delay because he is under contract with another organization.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sibbick said:
Hey 1st time poster just wondering who Anderson Silva would be matching up agianst next. Would it be Ace agian? : and do you think he could handle facing that Muay Thai clinch again. Silva just made him look silly.
Nah he'll have another fight before Rich gets back. Rich wont even be cleared till like April at the earliest coming from what Doctors are saying. But yeah you can bet your ass Rich will be training more on defending that muay thai clinch.

Yeah Lindland would be someone who could take A Silva but if UFC gets him.

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
Sibbick said:
Welcome, welcome.

My guess is that it'll be Swick, He's doing his best to call out Silva every chance he gets and has the winning streak to deserve it.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I dont know why Nate Marquardt seems to get completly ignored by everybody. It's always about Swick. Marquardt was in line for a title shot long before Swick. Swick needs to wait his turn.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Unfortunately, the TUF alumni have swept through their divisions on a wave of popularity that the veterans who have been working their way up can't compete with.

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
asskicker said:
I dont know why Nate Marquardt seems to get completly ignored by everybody. It's always about Swick. Marquardt was in line for a title shot long before Swick. Swick needs to wait his turn.
Nate has three wins in the UFC and Mike has 5.

They have been there close to the same amount of time.

That tells me two things.

Mike takes less damage when he fights and UFC sees him as more of a draw than Nate.

If you have to give one of them a fight, let it be Swick.

If you want to have someone else fight Silva first, then let Nate and Mike go at it for the contendership.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
Nate has three wins in the UFC and Mike has 5.

They have been there close to the same amount of time.

That tells me two things.

Mike takes less damage when he fights and UFC sees him as more of a draw than Nate.

If you have to give one of them a fight, let it be Swick.

If you want to have someone else fight Silva first, then let Nate and Mike go at it for the contendership.
everytime some one says nate, i always think nate quarry..and i almost immediately say what the **** are you talking about.. then i realize its marquadt, and im like oh never mind. swick should get it first. but i think swick should fight one more time before he fights silva. i think he should fight leben. although that would be a good fight if swick lost to silva as well. its kindo of a tough call. its very similar to chucks situation. there really isnt anyone in his divisiion that is ready to fight him just yet. they will be, but not now. at the same time you cant let your champ get ring rust because you cant find a challenger for him.

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
j.farrell said:
everytime some one says nate, i always think nate quarry..and i almost immediately say what the **** are you talking about.. then i realize its marquadt, and im like oh never mind. swick should get it first. but i think swick should fight one more time before he fights silva. i think he should fight leben. although that would be a good fight if swick lost to silva as well.
Is Quarry out of fighting now? He hasn't fought since Franklin crushed him almost a year ago.

He should get back in I loved watching him bang.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
asskicker said:

...and he deserves it why? His last five fights were against
Crafton Wallace, Joe Doerksen, Ivan Salaverry, Izuru Takeuchi andKazuo Misaki.

Swick's last 5 were against
David Loiseau, Joe Riggs, Steve Vigneault, Gideon Ray and Alex Schoenauer.

Nate is 22 - 6, and only 3 of those were in the UFC?
Mike is 10 - 1, 5 being in the UFC.

I think Swick deserves a shot, I don't think he will win right now, but I think if he wants a chance, he should get it.

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
AtomDanger said:

I think Swick deserves a shot, I don't think he will win right now, but I think if he wants a chance, he should get it.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
891 Posts
if anyone has a punchers chance...its that kid

·
Registered
253 Posts
AtomDanger said:

Swick said in an interview that he would take him on... so now all we can do is wait

·
Registered
27 Posts
As most have said, Swick will probably get the next shot.

Once Rich is cleared to fight, he will no doubt get annother shot. Was it just me or did Franklin just not look at all ready for that fight? I know he had a long lay off but he didn't look as strong as normal and he looked a little pale. He looked really pale in the interview they did with him at The Final Chapter. Not trying to make excuses for the guy but he just seemed a bit off at UFC 64.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts