Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get some opinions on this topic. Who does everyone feel is the best MMA fighter today regardless of weight class. Is it Matt Hughes, Chuck Lidell, Andre Arlovski, hmmm. Lets open this up and I mean even outside the UFC.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
bjjgrappler said:
I'd like to get some opinions on this topic. Who does everyone feel is the best MMA fighter today regardless of weight class. Is it Matt Hughes, Chuck Lidell, Andre Arlovski, hmmm. Lets open this up and I mean even outside the UFC.
dude its not even close i dont know why every one always asks this stupid question...fedor emelienenko!!! by alot!!!!!

Reactions: M_D

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
hmm I would love to make a comment here but I do not know enough of the fighters just the hyped up ones, not saying he is the best but I do like watching him, same with couture, and some of the guys from the 1st TUF. ok there... my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Best fighter

I would have to say the best fighter today would be rich franklin. the fight against shamrock proved he is a domiant fighter. matt hughes is deff a great all around fighter too

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
I'd say Randy. I know chuck beat him but not until he was 41. He has showed great heart and character.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fedor emelienenko???

Why fedor? What makes him the greatest? If he is this great why doesn't he challenge or fight in the UFC? I know the UFC might be commercialized but thats where the $$$ is.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Why should he fight in the UFC? He has nothing to prove. If he were to fight the UFC HW champion two months from now he would win.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
the only reason a fighter like fedor would have for coming to the UFC from all I hear about him is just to proove that he is that good, but at the same time I would guess he more then likely doesnot feel he has to proove anything.. if he is that good the competition should come to him not him go to it.. at the same time you could view that as he is just playing it safe you never know... now I never seen him fight but I have heard him talked about alot here and elsewhere

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
The man is a beast. Most of the UFC fighters would get killed by him. There is a handful of UFC fighters who would give him a fight. I would like to see him compete in the UFC against the HW Champion but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. The UFC is getting hot right now and they don't need some guy from another organization to come in and potentially hurt there company by beating their champion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
clearly MMA is a generic term used for fighting in general now, and the UFC. i think a lot of people dont differ the the 2.

fedor best in the world ...maybe...

best in the UFC ...Andre Arlovski??? thats who i would put my money on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its the $$$

I would think he would want to fight in the UFC just like anyone else for the $$$. I think the UFC (higher profile) pays better then Pride or these other organizations. Its like someone playing in the NFL vs. CFL. Of course the best talent wants to play in the NFL for the $$$. I'm not saying he has anything to prove but I think like most people wouldn't he want to go where the $$$ is?????

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
bjjgrappler said:
I would think he would want to fight in the UFC just like anyone else for the $$$. I think the UFC (higher profile) pays better then Pride or these other organizations. Its like someone playing in the NFL vs. CFL. Of course the best talent wants to play in the NFL for the $$$. I'm not saying he has anything to prove but I think like most people wouldn't he want to go where the $$$ is?????
Maybe the guys in Pride and other organizations don't care about the money only care about the talent they fight. Me personally I go where the money is.
And I agree with tappingUout, Fedor is the best in the MMA world and Arlovski is the best in the UFC.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Fedor Emelienenko definately.Alexander would be one of my favorites also they're just tough as nails all while staying calm and knocking your ass out without even breaking a sweat.For UFC Rich Franklin is one of my favorites,Brandon Vera is starting to look good too.Eveybody likes Matt and the Pit Bull with his losses to tim if not I would say Andre arlovski

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
All you have to do is watch the fedor randleman fight and you'll see why he is so good. they way he recovers after that slam is amazing. Fedor always keeps his cool no matter what. He is amazing

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
moldy said:
All you have to do is watch the fedor randleman fight and you'll see why he is so good. they way he recovers after that slam is amazing. Fedor always keeps his cool no matter what. He is amazing
The guy is amazing. I would love to see him in the UFC for a promotional fight. Maybe hold a tournament for HW and who ever wins faces Fedor. I love that video, especially the Randleman slam. I saw that fight and was amazed at how he recovered and got the win by sub.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts