Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is Fabio Holanda from the Brazilian Top Team. Whos yours? if you don't wanna say, then what school do you go to?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O That is very True, Never thought about it. If you don't do bjj then what gym do you train at for your other sort of grappling. Who teaches you. and what is your grappling art. thats right art, mma is art lol.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
HARD_KNOCKS said:
O That is very True, Never thought about it. If you don't do bjj then what gym do you train at for your other sort of grappling. Who teaches you. and what is your grappling art. thats right art, mma is art lol.
NO prob.. Now it has been some time for my But I studided Japanese Jujitsu in a couple of different schools but as part of other styles. A nin-jitsu school on long island back in 94-95. and a Kempo school in Groton CT

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where is Groton CT, lol I'm from Canada sorry. And Nin- Jitsu I've heard about it but never seen it, is it like karate? And i heard it in the movie bloodsport. But i don't really know what it is. please explain. :)

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
When I started studying BJJ I was living in Los Angeles, so I had the honor of studying under Rorion Gracie. Now I train on my own or pay mat fees when I travel.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
HARD_KNOCKS said:
Where is Groton CT, lol I'm from Canada sorry. And Nin- Jitsu I've heard about it but never seen it, is it like karate? And i heard it in the movie bloodsport. But i don't really know what it is. please explain. :)
Groton Is in Conneticut (sp?) Nin jitsu is basicly the are of the Ninja, It has many forms each with its own main areas of study. and yea FRank Dux who the movie blood sport was about was a practicioner

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
My grappling coach was a 3 time state champion and friends with kurt angle sry this doesnt have to do with JJ. Ive been grappling for about 5 years and im interested in taking some other classes.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I was wondering why Hallie Hair's name sounded so familiar. My friends and I competed at a juniors tournament that was taking place alongside an adult one. He won the adult competition. He's one helluva a fighter.

I don't know much about Mike Kogan, but I did hear that he won his one MMA fight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My instructor is Matt Cooper.

i used to do bujinkan budo taijutsu
which is an extended versian of ninjitsu
it was ok, but we never did free sparring
http://www.bujinkan.ie/budo.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
I train in BJJ at the triangle club in lima ohio. I train under Jeremy Harris, who is a purple belt under Saulo Ribero. Also i train with Team Mercy in findlay ohio wich is where i work my stand up, and conditioning. and ever once in a blue moon, we get to train with Jorge Gurgel. Also i work at the YMCA so i have pretty much unlimited strength and conditioning training. Only problem is....getting enough money to fund training these different people, and making time.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
jdubkrew said:
I train in BJJ at the triangle club in lima ohio. I train under Jeremy Harris, who is a purple belt under Saulo Ribero. Also i train with Team Mercy in findlay ohio wich is where i work my stand up, and conditioning. and ever once in a blue moon, we get to train with Jorge Gurgel. Also i work at the YMCA so i have pretty much unlimited strength and conditioning training. Only problem is....getting enough money to fund training these different people, and making time.
Get a job... I have two :D

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
jdubkrew said:
I think that Jeremy and I met a few years ago in Torrance, but I might be confusing him with someone else.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Lance Gibson, faught in the UFC in 2000 against Tanner. He lost though and hes a bit of a **** too. I dislike him lol.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts