Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had the thread where you had to name your favorite fighter, and most people named pretty popular guys. Now the question I have is, who is your favorite non-popular UFC fighter. Someone who the tide has turned on, been down, still trying to break through, etc.

For me it is Kendall Grove. There was a lot of early hype behind him and I think his fight with Cote really derailed his plan in the UFC. I still think he is an excellent fighter who really needs a coach to try and teach him how to better use his height as a weapon. We have seen him pull off some insane stuff from in guard due to his height, but he can never really keep anyone at a distance even though he seems to be able to kick about half the length of the cage. I will always root for Grove!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Chris Lytle

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is Chris Leben popular?
After his last win probably. I am a huge Chris Leben fan, even when he is losing. I think he hates decisions more than anyone, so much so he has finished 2 fights with less than a minute left in the fight.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I've always been a fan of Chris Leben and Gerald Harris (even when he wasn't in the UFC), but both of them recently have become popular.
Also, Nate Quarry.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Yushin Okami

·
Abusive
1,806 Posts
I believe Rashad Evans, Diego Sanchez, and Roy Nelson are popular. It may not be a positive popular, but people still know who they are.

On a side note, I'm going with Amir Sadollah.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
This one is a bit hard to gauge because everyone has a different idea of what we mean by "popular." We talking "Chuck Liddell" popular, most fans know who you're talking about popular, people have to look it up on Wikipedia popular... tough to tell.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.