·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the next 3 events we have:

Daley Vs Kos
Kampmann Vs Thiago
Alves Vs Fitch

As far as i know there have been no announcements from Dana as to which fight will be for who faces GSP next. I presume it'll be Alves Vs Fitch but i would like to see someone GSP fight someone hasn't aleady dominated fight him, maybe Thiago if he beats Kampmann...what do you reckon?

·
Registered
167 Posts
At this point, Dana needs to stop boring the fans and put GSP up against Anderson Silva.

It will be the biggest fight ever, in my humble opinion. Bigger than any Ali fight, for me.

Because GSP and Silva are fighters, not boxers.

Boxers are not fighters, they are boxers...this is the reason they cannot fight MMArtists.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
At this point, Dana needs to stop boring the fans and put GSP up against Anderson Silva.

It will be the biggest fight ever, in my humble opinion. Bigger than any Ali fight, for me.

Because GSP and Silva are fighters, not boxers.

Boxers are not fighters, they are boxers...this is the reason they cannot fight MMArtists.
agreed let silva drop down to 170 and fight fo the title imo haha

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'd like to see GSP vs Kos. Then have Alves vs Fitch for the next #1 contender spot. Have GSP fight the winner and then figure out the Silva fight.

As far as I'm concerned, Silva doesn't deserve a shot against GSP until he proves he's serious about MMA again. Not because of his performance, but because of his behavior in the ring. Disrespecting another fighter like that and trying to hide behind the ref? (so funny but not something a champ should do in the ring)

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Personally, I don't see why Silva should have to drop down to 170...especially, since he sometimes fights at 205....

GSP, at the very minimum, needs to fight Silva at a catch weight.

I know Silva said he would drop down to 170, but he shouldn't have to.
Because GSP would need at least another year to properly build up the muscle to gain weight to fight at MW, While Silva can drop down to WW anytime he wants, he has already fought at 170 4-5 years ago or so.

·
Senior Member.
324 Posts
Even if Koscheck goes back to training strickly wrestling, I don't see if having much effect in the fight. GSP always dictates the way the fight goes, so he will be the one pushing the takedown attempts. Kos is an excellent wrestler but GSP is an excellent MMA wrestler. He can mix up all his tools like no other person. If Daley loses to Koscheck, I see GSP standing with Koscheck. Where we will see how much more surperior his technical boxing/kick boxing is to Koscheck's looping hands.

I'm hoping Daley wins, would be very interesting to see him fight GSP.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I'm hoping Daley wins, would be very interesting to see him fight GSP.
No, it really wouldn't...

Did you see GSP vs Hardy? Daley is even more of a fish on the ground...

I have no interest in seeing GSP fight anyone in the WW division (unless Anderson cut down to it). It will go the same way his last however many fights have gone.

Give him Silva. Silva might destroy him but at least we know it will be a fight. Tired of seeing both these guys having to beat up on lower quality competition.

·
Senior Member.
324 Posts
We're not going to see Silva vs GSP for a while now because of Silva's antics at UFC 112, and rightfully so. Both Silva and GSP will have two more fights, and if they win both than I would see them facing off at 185, but it would have to be for Silva's title because I doubt GSP would move up without having an emediate title shot.

Because after all when he moves up, he won't want to move back down so the title he now owns at 170 will be vacated.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Daley would be a dire fight. He should have got the shot ahead of Hardy, as Semtex is actually a genuine KO artist, but there's no way he's beating GSP.

As for who I'd like to see him fight next. Well, Anderson Silva obviously, but that's not happening. Should Jon Fitch get a win over Thiago Alves, I'd say he deserves the shot. Done far more than Koscheck, who is nowhere near deserving of a shot, even with a win over Daley.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
I know Silva said he would drop down to 170, but he shouldn't have to.
Silva wants to fight the best guy out there and that is GSP right now! He is looking for the biggest challenge and GSP can give him exactly this.

Even if Koscheck goes back to training strickly wrestling, I don't see if having much effect in the fight. GSP always dictates the way the fight goes, so he will be the one pushing the takedown attempts. Kos is an excellent wrestler but GSP is an excellent MMA wrestler. He can mix up all his tools like no other person. If Daley loses to Koscheck, I see GSP standing with Koscheck. Where we will see how much more surperior his technical boxing/kick boxing is to Koscheck's looping hands.
And thats exactly the thing :thumbsup: I hope Kos improved his MMA Wrestling wich I truly believe.

For me Kos would be the most intersting fight!

Could they not just let Silva fight at 185 and let GSP stay at 170?

Or is that too simple?
You are boring lol^^ :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
211 Posts
The only guy with any chance of beating GSP at 170 is Koscheck. He needs to get his wrestling back to 100% 1st though. GSP is the best guy at 170, but lets pretend there was a guy better than him out there. We would never know who it is until they can stop GSP's takedowns. Paul Daley would get the Alves / Hardy treatment. Fitch hasnt improved at all imo since the last GSP fight, or atleast enough to do anything to GSP that he couldnt do last time.

If you actually remember the Koscheck GSP fight, Koscheck took GSP down. And that was when his wrestling was probably at 60% of what it was at on the TUF show / 1st few UFC's.

Outside of the UFC i think Nick Diaz would be an awesome fight, if GSP took him down, Nick could possibly submit him. And on the feet Diaz would beat him up imo.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts