Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

who should he fight (here are a few options)

• fedor

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • kharitonov

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • fujita

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • hunt

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • nastula

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is rumor that he is going to fight fedor on nye. i think if josh barnett is ready he deserves a shot since mirko cant fight nye. so if shogun doesnt fight fedor, who should he fight?? i had heard he was thinking of moving up to heavyweight. and i couldnt for the life of me think of why he would want to do that. if he could i'd rather see him drop down. but i guess all the real compition for him would be in the hw div. if thats the case should he fight fedor first though?? i'd like to see him fight segei kharitonov. maybe get a little revenge for his brother..what do you guys think?

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I don't see Shogun being able to beat Hunt, and there's no way that PRIDE would have him fight Fedor that soon, because he is a younger guy. I think Barnett deserves the title shot if it doesn't go to Crocop, but I think that maybe Shogun should fight Kharitonov. It would be a one sided fight, but it would give Shogun time to work on the completeness of his game and get ready for a possible fight with Fedor or Hunt, or even with one of the top competitors, like Barnett or Nog.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IronMan said:
I don't see Shogun being able to beat Hunt, and there's no way that PRIDE would have him fight Fedor that soon, because he is a younger guy. I think Barnett deserves the title shot if it doesn't go to Crocop, but I think that maybe Shogun should fight Kharitonov. It would be a one sided fight, but it would give Shogun time to work on the completeness of his game and get ready for a possible fight with Fedor or Hunt, or even with one of the top competitors, like Barnett or Nog.
well that was the word, that shogun was to face fedor on nye. i think alot of people came forward and said that barnett should be next. and barnett and fedor joked about after th real deal. anyway i definnetly think that shogun and kharitonov would be a good match. and if shogun cant beat him shouldnt move up anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
there is nooone else for Shogun to beat at lhw he already beat everytop fighter in the world, we all know that hes not gonna fight wandy, and he isnt gonna fight Chuck, so why not fight Fedor? he has nothing to lose, let the kid see what hes got against the best ever, it will be an exciting fight, better than barnett/fedor

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UFCFAN33 said:
I would love to see him fight fedor. Would make for one hell of a match :thumbsup: I would imagine shogun would want to go for a submission quick and avoid the fury of fedor
i think shogun would be better off standing. he might get over powered on the ground.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I think Shogun would take Hunt to the ground and submitt him. I agree that a Shogun/Fedor match up would be more exciting than Fedor/Barnett but I dont wanna see Shogun fight Fedor first because it would be really unfair to Josh.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
asskicker said:
I think Shogun would take Hunt to the ground and submitt him. I agree that a Shogun/Fedor match up would be more exciting than Fedor/Barnett but I dont wanna see Shogun fight Fedor first because it would be really unfair to Josh.
yeah that would be his best bet. as much as i'd like to see them stand and trade. i think it could be hazardous to shogun. i thinkshogun might have some trouble comtrolling marl on the ground though. he is a pretty strong guy.

·
The Samurai Files
559 Posts
I think he should fight Coleman next. I'm a Shogun fan, and would like to see him avenge his most recent loss. They will probably save this fight for PRIDE 33 in the USA, though. If that is the case then I would like to see him fight Nakamura or Yoshida at the NYE show. I would like to see Shogun stay at MW(LHW) because I think he is the future of that division. He has a big enough frame to be a HW, I just think he could be much more dominant at 205.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Grabaka said:
I think he should fight Coleman next. I'm a Shogun fan, and would like to see him avenge his most recent loss. They will probably save this fight for PRIDE 33 in the USA, though. If that is the case then I would like to see him fight Nakamura or Yoshida at the NYE show. I would like to see Shogun stay at MW(LHW) because I think he is the future of that division. He has a big enough frame to be a HW, I just think he could be much more dominant at 205.
Yea I agree Coleman would be a good next fight for him. This guy is gonna get better hopefully as long as he doesnt get that Vitor syndrome. But Fedor is little to much for him right now.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
corvettecarrillo said:
Yea I agree Coleman would be a good next fight for him. This guy is gonna get better hopefully as long as he doesnt get that Vitor syndrome. But Fedor is little to much for him right now.
vitor was always shaky. this kid is as solid as you can get. he has a great record, and always comes prepared.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts