Votes: 48 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 11.1%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets make it happen, we've seen it before if enough people want to see a match up Dana will make it happen. I think this would be a great fight and will really show what both of these guys are made of. If Jones steps up takes this fight and wins that should get him some serious points for a title shot. If Lil Nog wins then it proves the hype and solidifies him as a serious force at 205. So who wants to see it happen?

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
i voted no just because Bones has a fight already don't see why he should pull out of it to take another fight when you have Ryan Bader who is in pretty much the same place as Bones career wise with no match lined up! Do Bader/nog then Bones can fight one of them after he disposes of matyushenko!

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Absolutely I want to see it. If Nog wins it catapults him right into title contention, and if Bones wins then sky's the limit for that kid. To get a win over Nog at his age and point in his career would be astonishing.

Whilst Nog has the better boxing and submission game, Jones looks like a complete destroyer right now and is so unorthodox is makes picking a winner very hard. I do feel Nog is a bit much for Jones right now, I could be wrong, but either way it'll be a hell of a fight.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Jones is only 22 years old - so he has a several years before he will reach his full athletic potential. I would like to see him clean out the middle order and perfect his technique before throwing him into the title mix. Time is on his side and with proper management, he will be a terrifying force in the next few years, (he's pretty darn scary now)

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
Hell yeah! Would be an awesome match, though I would also love if Bader stepped up! really test either 2 young up n comers against a new addition that is a legend.

Either way I'm happy.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Dunno if I wanna see both Nog brothers derailed so quick. Give him Vera instead if he has recovered by now.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I would love to see Jones get a step up in comp but I can't see him facing someone of this calibur so fast. Granted it could send him into the title hunt but I don't want to see him in a "Vera" situation. Although Vera was in a shallow division at the time and got thrown to the wolves to quick, it did derail his career and I don't want to see that happen to Bones. With that said though I think if it happened that Bones would surprise people yet again.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
F*ck all that noise...

I wanna see Lil Nog vs... {drumroll}

{still drumming for added suspense}

Jason Brilz.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18983/jason-brilz-agrees-to-face-antonio-rogerio-nogueira-at-ufc-114.mma

Forrest Griffin's spot didn't stay empty very long.

Mere hours after reports surfaced that the former light heavyweight champion had been forced out of his UFC 114 contest with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (18-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC), MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned that Jason Brilz (18-2-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) has agreed to take the fight on a little less than four-weeks' notice.

Sources close to the promotion indicated that verbal agreements are in place and bout agreements are expected to be finalized shortly.

Brilz bounced back from his first octagon defeat with a unanimous-decision win over Eric Schafer at UFC on Versus 1 in March. Prior to his UFC 103 loss to Eliot Marshall, Brilz had compiled a 13-fight unbeaten streak that included UFC wins over Tim Boetsch and Brad Morris as well as wins outside of the organization over Jason MacDonald and Alex Schoenauer.

Meanwhile, Nogueira seeks to follow up on a win in his long-awaited UFC debut. "Little Nog" stunned Brazilian slugger Luiz Cane in their November 2009 matchup en route to earning a first-round TKO win. The victory was Nogueira's sixth-straight win overall.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Lets make it happen, we've seen it before if enough people want to see a match up Dana will make it happen. I think this would be a great fight and will really show what both of these guys are made of. If Jones steps up takes this fight and wins that should get him some serious points for a title shot. If Lil Nog wins then it proves the hype and solidifies him as a serious force at 205. So who wants to see it happen?
This should be a title fight decider,IMO.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
It seems I'm to stupid to click the right button so I voted no. It would be a real good fight to see where Jones stands right now. If he beats Nog (which I don't think would happen) he's right in the mix for a title shot. The other way around Nog would beat another guy on a streak and possible get a shot as well. Machida already said he would fight him. At this point all I see is Nog knocking Bones silly on his feet, but I also thought Vera would sub Jones with ease. Intriguing matchup for sure! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I don't want to see this fight... Yet.

Both have a lot of growing to do and should meet when they've got more Octagon experience. I thought a perfect matchup was Thiago Silva vs. Machida. Both were rising stars, but both had been given the time to get accustomed to the UFC.

I think Little Nog and Jones are both too green (Nog because of lack of cage experience, Jones because of his youth) for this fight right now. Love to see it in a few fights though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts