Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who's the next challenger for the MW title?

• Chris Leben

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Nate Marquardt

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Anderson Silva

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • David Louiseau

Votes: 3 6.8%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Probably Silva, but Marquardt should not be overlooked.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Chris Leben - Just got his ass HANDED to him. He obviously doesn't deserve a title shot.

Anderson Silva - He's only beaten Chris "Needs to SHUT THE **** UP" Leben, not his time yet.

David Loiseau - Just got chased around the octagon for 25 minutes by Rich in their first fight and he hasn't done enough since then to deserve another shot yet.

I went with:

Nathan Marquardt - While I don't think he deserves a title shot yet either, he's more deserving right now than anyone else in the UFC MW division.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
samurice said:
Chris Leben - Just got his ass HANDED to him. He obviously doesn't deserve a title shot.

Anderson Silva - He's only beaten Chris "Needs to SHUT THE **** UP" Leben, not his time yet.

David Loiseau - Just got chased around the octagon for 25 minutes by Rich in their first fight and he hasn't done enough since then to deserve another shot yet.

I went with:

Nathan Marquardt - While I don't think he deserves a title shot yet either, he's more deserving right now than anyone else in the UFC MW division.
i agree..although id rather see silva franklin..nate deserves the shot more..this division is pathetic..its franklin and than everybody else..noone is even close to ace right now..he'll be champ for a long time

·
Registered
669 Posts
I just saw this post and was AMAZED that **** swick wasn't on this list and Chris Leben was lol

I personally think its going to be mike swick, i think they want Silvia vs the crow and then Franklin Vs Swick.

Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Cmon Guys Do We Really Wanna See Another Tuff Guy Get Mangled By A Far Superior Fighter...swicks Good But Hes Not On Rich's Level, I Dont Even Kno If Hes On Nate Quarry's Level..give Swick A Tuff Guy To Fight, Like The Crow, Or Silva, If He Wins That Than Maybe Give Him A Shot, But Hes Far From Ready..at Least Make Him Try To Beat Leben..if He Cant Do That We Shouldnt Even Talk About Ace

·
Registered
80 Posts
:dunno: obviosly anderson silva., didn't the announcement just debut?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
you're crazy if you think swick is going to put up the same kind of fight as Quarry. Obviously hes not on Richies level, no one is, but swick is a different fighter than Nate Quarry is. Hed push the pace alot more I think and for crying out loud he made short work of Joe Riggs (who at one point beat Herb Dean!! LOL) but yeah, Silva will get his shot one day, I dont think he deserves it just yet after beating Leben........and heres where everyone tells me everything I already know about his dominance in other organizations, which I agree with, but they werent in the UFC so he shouldnt get a title shot this early

·
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
5,066 Posts
adminmma said:
Anderson Silva all the way! Was shocked you guys put Leben on this :dunno:

Couldn't agree more. Anderson Silva is the only one that is talented enough but I agree with Flying knee about needing more UFC fights under his belt to get the shot.

I want to see Rich move back up to 205 and take Liddell's belt.
Now that would be interesting. He expressed interest in moving back up and I think he could beat a lot of UFC LHW's. Tito and him would be a good fight. It is going to be interesting to see how this all goes down.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I think with the amount of people wanting to fight him at 185 he won't be moven up any time soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts