Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Fedor has an MMA loss, or at least thats what sherdog's site says.
But he hasn't been beaten in Pride, who do you think will do it???

·
Registered
42 Posts
From what I understand, Fedor's loss wasn't really a loss.
It was said to be a No Contest due to an accidental cut, but it seemed like the organizers wanted to please the crowd and announced it as a TKO(cut).

What goes up has to eventually come down.
Fedor eventually WILL be beaten, although it might or might not be anytime soon.
The only people I see right now who have the potential to beating Fedor is Shogun and Mirko. But I believe Shogun has the better chance.

I believe that because once the first round passes, Mirko's strongest weapon, the LHK will slowly lose it's power since lifting the leg up so high with tremdous power takes out a lot in the gas tank.
It seems like Mirko rarely or never changes up his game plan. It's the usual striking and hurting the living hell out of his opponents. Once Mirko slowly begins to gas out with the LHK, Fedor will dominate once he notices it. Unless Mirko wises up and changes his game plan, the result will be the same as the first fight unless Mirko gets lucky and Fedor doesn't cover up right.
But, Fedors a smart smart bastard. Fedor's game plan will help him survive the first round and pretty much play the aggressor once Mirko's kick becomes slower and weaker in the next two rounds.
Shogun, IMO, is the smarter fighter compared to Mirko.

I always thought Sergei would be one, and ignored his loss to Alistar since he dislocated his shoulder from the takedown, but after seeing the fight with Aleksander, he sure doesn't seem ready for the Big Bro.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is Fedor the older brother?
I know hes the smaller one, Aleksander is 6'6", madness.

I know everyone gets beaten, no matter who you are, someday, if you keep fighting, you will lose. Its just always a debate with my friends so i figured i would get some opinions

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
1,784 Posts
SilentFury said:
From what I understand, Fedor's loss wasn't really a loss.
It was said to be a No Contest due to an accidental cut, but it seemed like the organizers wanted to please the crowd and announced it as a TKO(cut).

What goes up has to eventually come down.
Fedor eventually WILL be beaten, although it might or might not be anytime soon.
The only people I see right now who have the potential to beating Fedor is Shogun and Mirko. But I believe Shogun has the better chance.

I believe that because once the first round passes, Mirko's strongest weapon, the LHK will slowly lose it's power since lifting the leg up so high with tremdous power takes out a lot in the gas tank.
It seems like Mirko rarely or never changes up his game plan. It's the usual striking and hurting the living hell out of his opponents. Once Mirko slowly begins to gas out with the LHK, Fedor will dominate once he notices it. Unless Mirko wises up and changes his game plan, the result will be the same as the first fight unless Mirko gets lucky and Fedor doesn't cover up right.
But, Fedors a smart smart bastard. Fedor's game plan will help him survive the first round and pretty much play the aggressor once Mirko's kick becomes slower and weaker in the next two rounds.
Shogun, IMO, is the smarter fighter compared to Mirko.

I always thought Sergei would be one, and ignored his loss to Alistar since he dislocated his shoulder from the takedown, but after seeing the fight with Aleksander, he sure doesn't seem ready for the Big Bro.

mirko has changed a bit, he sets up his kick a lot better than before.. he goes to mid section kick, then pops out the high kick every once in a while.. and he uses it a lot less than before, he wait for the fighter to get a little more tired(which might never happen to fedor)..

i think nogueira will be the one to win against him(by decision), if Pride lets him yet another chance.. barnett could have a chance, but i dont think his striking is good enough to set up a good takedown(Fedor will be just waiting to sprawl, then take top position, and from there, no real chance for barnett..

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Lol definetly not Coleman thats all i know. IF anyone its gotta be Cro Cop, but I still cant see that happening, he will probably just get taken down lots and lose a decision. But you never know I wanna see what Fedor is like after comin back from injury.

·
Banned
186 Posts
His little Bro Alexander (6'5") might have a shot in 2007, and don't forget ...there's one more brother who's just starting out and training.

I think I read somewhere that Fedor's mom doesn't want them to fight each other unless it's a title fight (they've done a lot of ***** together) -there are some vids on Youtube.

~Storm

·
Lights Out
1,826 Posts
Split said:
mirko has changed a bit, he sets up his kick a lot better than before.. he goes to mid section kick, then pops out the high kick every once in a while.. and he uses it a lot less than before, he wait for the fighter to get a little more tired(which might never happen to fedor)..

i think nogueira will be the one to win against him(by decision), if Pride lets him yet another chance.. barnett could have a chance, but i dont think his striking is good enough to set up a good takedown(Fedor will be just waiting to sprawl, then take top position, and from there, no real chance for barnett..
yeah he could catch fedor like he did with wanderlei and break fedors rib he could also use leg kicks just be carful fedor dosent take him down

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Mirko might have some good take down defence but Fedor can take down anyone. He is just really strong and overpowers them and always moves in when they are off balance (like when Mirko is thowing a kick). Mirko is the second best fighter in world but I cant see him beating fedor unless something has changed Fedors game since injury.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
jaymackz said:
it'd be cool if Aleksander would fight his own brother. :)
haha Aleksander is lucky that Fedor is his brother. He is the only one with a legitimate excuse to not have to get into the ring with Fedor and get beat up.
I would like to see this fight though. I cant see and situation wher Fedor would lose. you cant lose a fight to your younger brother.

·
Registered
42 Posts
jaymackz said:
it'd be cool if Aleksander would fight his own brother. :)
Imagine how awkward a family dinner would be after that.

Anywhos, I don't see Aleksander beating Fedor.

His ground game is an ant compared to Fedor and would get easily submitting. Seeing how Fedor is a kind and passionate S.O.B. to all of his opponents, and since Aleks is his own flesh and blood, Fedor will take his brother down and submit him without trying to causing too much harm to him.

But I wouldn't stay on my toes for this fight to happen anytime soon. There are much more vicious HW contenders in PRIDE that are ahead of Aleks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Conor said:
sylvia would **** em up
Actually, Fedor would find a way to beat a big mofo like Sylvia.
Fedor fought Semmy Schilt, who is 6'11 compared to Sylvia who is 6'8.
And Semmy is known for his kickboxing. Just like Sylvia is known for his boxing.

Fedor is just too damn smart.
If he wasn't a fighter, he'd be a stratgest for the Russian Military.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts