Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to the available options, as I've recently read that he might be back in the near future. Definitely potential for some fun and exciting fights, and I'd assume he won't be waiting around for the winner of Sonnen vs. Silva. I'd not mind seeing him fight Marquardt, but a bout with the winner of Akiyama vs. Wand would no doubt be fun. Or maybe he could square off against Okami... that'd be an interesting mesh of styles. Still, I'd have to think Marquardt will be looking for a big fight on which to bounce back, and surely Belfort warrants another high profile bout following his victory over Rich.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
He will fight Silva after Silva clowns Sonnen.

Dana has already said that Silva has cleaned out everybody in the division except Sonnen and Belfort. So I expect that to be his next few fights.

I dont see Silva losing either of those fight.......

·
Registered
239 Posts
I read somewhere that Vitor isn't expected back until October-ish. So if Sonnen and Silva fight in the next few months, the timing should work out that Vitor will fight the winner there. But with that kind of layoff I like Vitor's chances a lot less. I really want to see A. Silva-Belfort.

·
Registered
239 Posts
He'll fight Sonnen for the belt.
Remember back when Sonnen rejoined the UFC from WEC and he said he was the best MW in the world and he'd beat A. Silva and we all laughed? Remember that? Did he know something we didn't? Cause as the days go by I'm buying into it more and more. Don't get me wrong I'd put my money on Silva, but I almost wouldn't be shocked if Sonnen managed to beat him... even though I would clearly be shocked. Anyone else catch my drift here?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Side note: I'm interested to see what new dance moves Silva has up his sleeve. I can tell from UFC 112 that he's been practicing
Doubt we'd see many fi any dance moves by Silva vs. Vitor. Its one thing to "dance" around against guys with bad striking, but against a guy who has faster hands than Silva all that dancing will result into a nasty flash KO flurry in 1st round when Vitor lets his hands go. :D

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
I was hpoing he wwould get a shot at Silva.
He showed a lot in his last fight. With Vitor's boxing, i don't think Silva would take this fight lightly.

But life goes on and i think he will get the next shot. If he doesn't fight soon enough he will get straight to the title shot. If he can get back to action early..like in 2 months time, he will get Marquardt imo.
Why not have Silva-Sonnen and Belfort-marquardt on the same card??

·
Registered
583 Posts
I give Sonnen a better chance against Silva than Belfort...

And I Don't give Sonnen that great of a chance.
I think Belfort is a legitimate contender...but if he's out for too long, he will NEED a fight or two before he can be at his best for the title shot.

It would be a shame to see him take on Silva after a year outside the ring :(

As for Sonnen, I hope he will make Silva re-evaluate things for a bit...but I seriously doubt it myself...

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I would love to see Cote/Belfort but I doubt the UFC would do it. Cote is not a good match up for Belfort who tends to wilt if he his opponent can take him into the later rounds. Belfort is not very mentally strong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.