Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's make a hypothetical situation in which all the current champions have to vacate at roughly the same time. Who do you think would be the most plausible people to be in a contendership match. I am making up plausible scenarios.

HW: Lesnar (Persuing other ventures)

Carwin (the current contender) vs. Winner of Velasques/Dos Santos

LHW: Rua (Torn ACL)

Hamil vs. Bader (Evans Removed, no one else in UFC LHW has two consecutive wins)

MW: Silva (Moved to LHW)

Sonnen (The current contender) vs. winner of Belcher/Almeda/Belfort/Akiyama tourney.

WW: St. Pierre (moved to MW)

Koschuck (the current contender) vs. winner of Lytle/DH Kim/Fitch/Hughes/Thiago tourney

LW: Edgar (stripped after relased photos of him in high altitude chamber)

Maynard/Florian/Pellegrino/Pearson/Griffin tourney

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hamil vs. Bader (Evans Removed, no one else in UFC LHW has two consecutive wins)
Anderson Silva is 2-0 at LHW.
The time difference between the two is a lot, but he is still undefeated at that weight class and I could easily see him earning a title shot.

Same thing could be said for Lil' Nog...
I thought he lost to Brilz at 114, but at the end of the day... He still won and is 2-0.

·
The Detective
1,338 Posts
Let's make a hypothetical situation in which all the current champions have to vacate at roughly the same time. Who do you think would be the most plausible people to be in a contendership match. I am making up plausible scenarios.

Sonnen (The current contender) vs. winner of Belcher/Almeda/Belfort/Akiyama tourney.

Koschuck (the current contender) vs. winner of Lytle/DH Kim/Fitch/Hughes/Thiago tourney

LOL! That made me laugh.

·
"I
6,923 Posts

HW: Totally agree!

LHW: No clue... like you said no one has two wins in a row outside Rashad, lil' Nog, and Hammil really. lil' Nog has had two fights total, Hammil SHOULD HAVE lost his fight with Jones (his shoulder popped out getting tossed, not getting elbowed), Bader is still too green IMO... so I really have no idea here.

MW: Vitor vs Chael? I like the Idea of Belcher/Vitor/Akiyama being in a tounament... Almedia is a WW now so you'd have to add another into it. Maybe throw Nate into the mix? How about Don Hyun Kim and Yushin?

WW: Obviously Fitch would be the top dog here... I think Kos would have to go through the tourney. The ONLY person to beat Fitch in the UFC is GSP and he fully deserves the #2 WW spot. Tourney should consist of Kos/Hardy/Alves/Thiago.

LW: BJ would be top contender, tourney between Kenny/Grey/Tyson/Jim Miller

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.