Votes: 13 92.9%
  • The most marketable fighter

Votes: 1 7.1%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeing a great debate going on of who title shots should go to.

A title should denote who is the best in the division but instead it is used as an oppurtunitity for management to turn a profit.

But is it wrong to reward the guy who can make you money?

The question is, when they are two different people, should title shots go to the most talented fighter or the most marketable fighter?

·
The Title Guy
18,080 Posts
Solution

This is one of the reasons that I like Bellator. They give title shots based on pure talent and not just on who is more marketable. I can guarentee that Huerta versus Alveraz would've been a much better fight when it comes to a commercial standpoint but that isn't how it happened and I can't dissagree with that. It's going to be Imada or Pat Curran that will face Alveraz and that is how it should be!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
the one who put the the more exciting fight.... if a gsp/rashad/randy like fighter wins in dominat snore-fest, but a sexyama/korean zombie/brilz like fighter wins in a close but exciting split decision, you give the exciting fighter the title shot, reguardless of the name/marketablity/draw.

·
The Title Guy
18,080 Posts
Excitting

Yeah that is a good way of looking at it, excitting fighters should probably get the title shots over the boring one's, though I think ranking and win loss record should play a role!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts