Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who would you Hire to replace Dana White.

• Chuck Norris

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Bas Rutten

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Randy Couture

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Ken Shamrock

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Dan Severn

Votes: 1 3.2%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you could hire anyone after you had fired Dana White who would you Hire and why would you do it. I had to do this since so many people dislike Dana and most of the people on the pole are liked, with the exception of Shamrock but I had to put him in since he just retired.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
An ex-fighter like Couture, Severn, or Miletich. Someone who knows what it is like to put your health on the line inside the octagon. Not another promoter, they are all greedy.

Edit: Didn't see the poll. Voted for Couture.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had to go with Shamrock because "He thinks its the greatest sport in the world" and "He loves us all". Sorry bout that had to quote him from his last fight.

·
Registered
176 Posts
haha I knew someone was gonan say Vince McMahon. Although he is an amazing promoter, has a lot of connections and very deep pockets I think in the end he'd make the UFC a circus. He'd alter too much of what MMA is supposed to be.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i wish i could take his spot. i think i could turn things around. i dont htink the guys you listed have the business sense, so i didnt vote. they are all great at what they do, but business is a completly seperate animal. i'd love that job. i bug this guy ed muncy at zuffa all the time about a job. i do have to say dana and the fertitas have done alot for the sport. they took it from an unsacntioned circus and turned it into a sport. dana just needs to work on the talent pool. the show is a good idea. that was kind of an idea i had. i always invisioned like a j.v. ufc, and there would be tourny's to see who got to move up. thats pretty much what the show is. i think they the ufc needs to be more envolved with the choosing process. it seems like some guys end up on there to stir things up.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
personally i dont like Dana White, but noone can argue what him and the fertittas have done for the sport. But i would rather see someone like randy take control instead of a money hungry promoter...

·
Registered
273 Posts
jdun11 said:
personally i dont like Dana White, but noone can argue what him and the fertittas have done for the sport. But i would rather see someone like randy take control instead of a money hungry promoter...
Good post. I think Randy would be a great choice. But I can't blame promoters for being 'money-hungry'. If it wasn't for Dana White, mma in the states would still be an obscure spectacle.

·
Banned
723 Posts
If it wasn't for Dana White and the Fertittas the UFC wouldn't even exist right now as they were losing a boat load of money and were on the verge of filling for bankruptcy when they were bought out. White and Co. are the reason for the turn around and sucess of the UFC. He has done a great job.

Pogo

·
Registered
891 Posts
i think a group of drunk fans would be the best

theyd just be like 'this is what i want to see'

like 5 lightweights vs 2 hw's would be awesome

maybe a tiger somewhere

battleaxe there

oohhhh and marv from sin city for the win sir's

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.