Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Junior Dos Santos

Votes: 10 9.2%
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The heavyweight you predict to be the next title holder after the 5 have gone against each other respectively. In my opinion JDS will crash the Cain train when he wakes up to his hands held up high and soon to be champ. Only fights I can see JDS having trouble in is with Brock and Fedor, but even so he can definitely pull through.

Undisputed means there's without a doubt against any of the top 5 listed here he still would be champ.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
I like jds too. He's the most fun to watch. But I still haven't seen him on the ground and there are three big bad wrestlers in that group of 5. I couldn't call anyone undisputed until fedor comes to the ufc and disputes.

The next fighter to beat brock is my favorite fighter and has been since the day he started.......whoever he is.

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
I'm going with Carwin here. His test is Mir, but if he can get past him - then he wins the belt. Mir is much more dangerous for Carwin - great boxing and solid sub-game, than Lesnar - strong wrestling and power which can be neutralized and no KO power.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Mir will beat Carwin - possibly standing, but I could see him subbing Shane too.

Brock will beat Mir - Another great wrestling performance with Mir getting shut down on ground while being hammered with strikes. Prolly lasts longer than last fight though and Mir might even daze Brock standing.

Cain will beat JDS - Takedown and ground control clinic a la Cain. He could possibly get caught standing like other victims of JDS have been, but I would say 8 out of 10 times its Cain all the way.

Brock will beat Cain - Wrestler vs. Wrestler, one with big size advantage. Cain is better standing but I still doubt anyone (including Cain) can prevent Brock's takedowns.

= Brock wins

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Mir will beat Carwin - possibly standing, but I could see him subbing Shane too.

Brock will beat Mir - Another great wrestling performance with Mir getting shut down on ground while being hammered with strikes. Prolly lasts longer than last fight though and Mir might even daze Brock standing.

Cain will beat JDS - Takedown and ground control clinic a la Cain. He could possibly get caught standing like other victims of JDS have been, but I would say 8 out of 10 times its Cain all the way.

Brock will beat Cain - Wrestler vs. Wrestler, one with big size advantage. Cain is better standing but I still doubt anyone (including Cain) can prevent Brock's takedowns.

= Brock wins
Your logic is flawless and that SUCKS

·
Registered
780 Posts
i think mir will beat shane, but i would love to see shane beat mir. i dont think brock will be back anytime soon, and the winner of whoever is facing the interim champ next will be upgraded to full champion.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts

= Brock wins
yea thats about how I see it. I voted Brock. hate to say it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Until Brock and Fedor fight (estimate = never) then will go with the Hulk cause he smash when get mad.
Well at some point you gotta think about this, Fedor is getting old and his last 3 fights were with Rogers, Tim, and Arlovski who are not exactly top 10, he even ducked Fabricio Werdum. I am one of those who think Fedor is p4p top 5 but i always wonder how he'd do against these top 5 UFC fighters.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I honestly can't say I have enough of an opinion of Carwin to even put him in this group. I mean, he has some good KO's but we haven't seen him against real top competition yet. Yeah, he beat Gonzaga, but he was getting owned in that fight, albeit short. He did KO him, but you can't rely on that to win every fight.

I'll have a better opinion of his position in the HW division after the Mir fight. And I honestly see Mir owning Carwin.

But I answered with Cain :thumb02:

·
Banned
5,115 Posts

= Brock wins
I dont get why brocks wrestling is so hyped up to the point that no one can stop his take downs, its ridiculous. I seem to remember brock having a lot of trouble with Randy Couture? No? I think either cain or JDS will destroy brock.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I went for Mir based on his experience and his new found incredible dedication. I do see a full force Lesnar as almost unstoppable but if Mir keeps his focus up i think he will win his 3rd fight with lesnar (providing he stomps out carwin first :pray02: ). Another point to make is we really don't know what kind of shape Lesnar will come back in and a really long lay off like this could be quite bad for him.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Lesnar is the most overrated fighter in the history of MMA.

thats saying alot cuz he is pretty good.

ppl make him out to be unstoppable. which is laughable.

i know, its gonna be so hard for great fighters to figure out Brocks gameplan and adapt.... right??

Unless of course he gets the most favorable matchup of all those guys everytime.

But i fear one day Brock fans, he will have to fight top fighters not named Frank Mir, then its game over.

he will get beaten standing and his telegraphed takedowns wont help vs other wrestlers.

do u think Brock just easily took down every single NCAA wrestler he ever faced in mere seconds??

ppl get it twisted cuz he took down Herring and Mir easily.

Mir even said his gameplan was to work his jitz from the bottom in the 2nd fight.... Mir is an idiot.

stop the takedown, stop Brock. he will gas and lose speed, his standup is not that good at all, he doesnt really hit asmuch as push u over very hard.

Randy just has no chin anymore, Nog KO'd him too but the ref didnt see it, infact, Nog more cleanly KO'd him.

ppl shit on Cain for not finishing Kongo but Herring is easier to finish then Kongo.... granted both arent that easy to finish, Kongo is much more in his prime.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Lesnar is the most overrated fighter in the history of MMA.

thats saying alot cuz he is pretty good.

ppl make him out to be unstoppable. which is laughable.

i know, its gonna be so hard for great fighters to figure out Brocks gameplan and adapt.... right??

Unless of course he gets the most favorable matchup of all those guys everytime.

But i fear one day Brock fans, he will have to fight top fighters not named Frank Mir, then its game over.

he will get beaten standing and his telegraphed takedowns wont help vs other wrestlers.

do u think Brock just easily took down every single NCAA wrestler he ever faced in mere seconds??

ppl get it twisted cuz he took down Herring and Mir easily.

Mir even said his gameplan was to work his jitz from the bottom in the 2nd fight.... Mir is an idiot.

stop the takedown, stop Brock. he will gas and lose speed, his standup is not that good at all, he doesnt really hit asmuch as push u over very hard.

Randy just has no chin anymore, Nog KO'd him too but the ref didnt see it, infact, Nog more cleanly KO'd him.

ppl shit on Cain for not finishing Kongo but Herring is easier to finish then Kongo.... granted both arent that easy to finish, Kongo is much more in his prime.
The amount of assumptions taking place in this post is just ridiculous. I'd probably have to consider myself a Lesnar fan. I strongly dislike him as a person, and would prefer he never opened his mouth. But to deny his physical gifts is ignorance. Your post is full of MMA math type comparisons, in which you compare the manner that Cain won his fights to how Brock has. The only thing that can really be said about either Brock or Cain for sure, is that they've both improved tremendously each outing.

To come out and say Brock is the most overrated champion ever, simply because you like another fighter more, or dislike Brock is childish. I'm making it a point not to discuss anything that's a matter of opinion with you, because you've already made it clear how biased yours is. But to come out and state opinions as if they were facts makes it difficult to regard your post as anything but an attempt to troll. So, to say the least I'm disappointed, and hopeful that your posts in the future lack such elementary notions.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
The amount of assumptions taking place in this post is just ridiculous. I'd probably have to consider myself a Lesnar fan. I strongly dislike him as a person, and would prefer he never opened his mouth. But to deny his physical gifts is ignorance. Your post is full of MMA math type comparisons, in which you compare the manner that Cain won his fights to how Brock has. The only thing that can really be said about either Brock or Cain for sure, is that they've both improved tremendously each outing.

To come out and say Brock is the most overrated champion ever, simply because you like another fighter more, or dislike Brock is childish. I'm making it a point not to discuss anything that's a matter of opinion with you, because you've already made it clear how biased yours is. But to come out and state opinions as if they were facts makes it difficult to regard your post as anything but an attempt to troll. So, to say the least I'm disappointed, and hopeful that your posts in the future lack such elementary notions.
this whole thread is full of opinions genius.

whos gonna be the HW champ... u wanted a thread full of facts?? seriously?? lol

the guy is 4-1 and fought to same guy 2x and you think he is unstoppable?? thats what i find funny.

u just believe anything the UFC hype machine sells u?? ok then. when Brock loses his belt the 1st time he fights anybody not named Mir, i will ask u then, wtf is up.

being a great one dimensional wrestler wont do it these days. his standup isnt getting better, it looked the same every fight.

u may disagree but tell me why instead of insulting my opinion.

cuz brock beat mir convincingly he is unstoppable??

he struggled with Randy and Randy has only won 2 fights at HW that mean anything his entire career. He couldnt takedown Randy and looked considerably slower in the 2nd round.

none of this matters tho cuz Brock big, brock smash, mir lose, brock best eva!!!

btw i actually like Brock but i dont think he is the best HW out there

Reactions: browncow
1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.