Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Hughes.

Throwing Carlos Newton around like a rag doll is no easy task. Also, the way he just picked up Trigg and ran-slam him(While having sustained a knee to the groin) was incredible. GSP's pretty strong, but he's massive for a WW. Hughes is like this short boulder.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i think Matt Hammill is also freakishly strong
His single leg takedown/slam last night was impressive! He wasn't even able to get his hips under him on the lift. He has to be incredibly strong. It might not have been an impressive fight but that slam was great.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah I Go with hughes also. I think his conditioning is a big key but he's just stong. tito is extremely strong. penn has very strong legs..

Matt Hammill is Really Strong from what I've seen. Funny thing about Matt. I've read some articles about people with certain disability's and deficets, say someone who is normal in almost every way but is a bit off, nothing bad but just that slight something, maybe caused by something at birth?? say lasck of oxygen for a bit or in matt's case being born deaf.....

Well I read something to the extent of these people being somewhat stronger then others, be it thru weight lifting, physical labor or wrestling & fighting. Now I don't know if this is true but I'd thought I'd just put this thought down, BTW IMO I think Matt Hammill's strength is natural...

ST

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sherks the strongest per size, the guys smaller then hughes and picked him up and slammed em a few times in the fight.

I don't think hammils as strong as you all make em out to be, he is strong but he has AMAZING takedown skills, id say Rashad Evans is stronger then hamill, i mean hamill(i know im spelling his name wrong but dont care to change it) faught a guy who is pretty much his size, Rashad faught Brad Imes whos as big as a ****ing tower and he got em to the ground at one point.

Good posts though, so far i think everyones opinions are fair and well defended.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Sherk's going to steamroll through the LW division. He's going to be massive, and I can picture him throwing Florian around like a rag doll. Hell, he'll throw pretty much everyone around like a ragdoll in that division.

·
Registered
464 Posts
@ 155; there's no question..Sherk is the lb for lb strongest guy in the UFC.

Next up probably comes hughes and then GSP. I doubt Tito is stronger than Rich Franklin lb for lb...he fights @ 205...hard to be strong lb for lb at that point.

sherdog said:
It still depends on what kind of strength you are talking about.
Fork-lift strength I’d say Sherks
Explosive strength I’d say Melvin Guillard

·
Registered
364 Posts
Spit206Fire said:
Sherks the strongest per size, the guys smaller then hughes and picked him up and slammed em a few times in the fight.

I don't think hammils as strong as you all make em out to be, he is strong but he has AMAZING takedown skills, id say Rashad Evans is stronger then hamill, i mean hamill(i know im spelling his name wrong but dont care to change it) faught a guy who is pretty much his size, Rashad faught Brad Imes whos as big as a ****ing tower and he got em to the ground at one point.

Good posts though, so far i think everyones opinions are fair and well defended.
i agree sherk is the strongest pound for pound imo amazingly strong for his size :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.