Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its simple just watch his fight against Randy.
Randy in no way was ever a good Heavyweight any one who knows MMA knows that not only could Brock not hold him down, Randy was able to hold Brock against the cage. Randy came into that fight at 220lbs and 45 years old.

Carwin is much bigger and more powerful. he will easily be able to hold Brock against the cage and throw some blows. ever one says Brock has good wrestling, but we have only seen him face one wrester: Randy who he was not able to use it use agents.

the fact is Brock has little experience and he coming of a huge layoff. the only one punch KO he has is against Randy who has been Knock down with one pouch several time.
i'm not trying to dog Randy or Brock i'm just stating facts

·
Registered
100 Posts
im not debating randy's size is not ideal for the hw division but i don't agree he wasn't ever good at that weight class. argue sylvias merrits if you like but the facts are that he won the belt (in the modern era of ufc) and defended it once. thats as many times defended as brock currently.

im not saying brock wont go on to have the more prestigious hw career but to put randy's down so swiftly seems a little silly to me.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Its simple just watch his fight against Randy.
Randy in no way was ever a good Heavyweight any one who knows MMA knows that not only could Brock not hold him down, Randy was able to hold Brock against the cage. Randy came into that fight at 220lbs and 45 years old.

Carwin is much bigger and more powerful. he will easily be able to hold Brock against the cage and throw some blows. ever one says Brock has good wrestling, but we have only seen him face one wrester: Randy who he was not able to use it use agents.

the fact is Brock has little experience and he coming of a huge layoff. the only one punch KO he has is against Randy who has been Knock down with one pouch several time.
i'm not trying to dog Randy or Brock i'm just stating facts
Yeah but we haven't seen Carwin face any top level wrestlers. I like Carwin but i see a world of hurt coming his way in this fight.
Brock is a beast and the only way i see him losing his championship is by getting subbed by a top BJJ guy like in the first Mir fight. He took a few stiff knees from Mir in the second fight and looked like they didn't bother him much so i got no reason to question his chin.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Randy's a world class Roman Greco wrestler (bigger doesn't mean better in wrestling) and he wasn't KO'd with one punch, he was knocked down and followed by Brock's DK style GNP.
well size is the thing every one has to say when it comes to Brock. and Brock GNP is week it looks like he is trying to jack off your nose.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Randy has proven time and time again, it doesn't matter if your bigger than he is if his technique is years ahead of you. No one gets out of Coutures clinch easy, and if anything he deserves even more respect for being able to control Brock for as long as he did.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
I've never been impressed with Brock as an MMA fighter....

I think Carwin, JDS, and Velasquez could all defeat him.

Reactions: Buster Rough

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im not debating randy's size is not ideal for the hw division but i don't agree he wasn't ever good at that weight class. argue sylvias merrits if you like but the facts are that he won the belt (in the modern era of ufc) and defended it once. thats as many times defended as brock currently.

im not saying brock wont go on to have the more prestigious hw career but to put randy's down so swiftly seems a little silly to me.
Randy's HW recored 12-7 thats not the recored of a legendary HW With losses to Valentijn Overeem, Mikhail Illoukhine, Enson Inoue, and Ricco Rodriguez are you kidding me.
his biggest HW win is against Pedro Rizzo and Tim Sylvia
not legendary HW themselves.

This has already been stated in all the other Brock threads, why are you creating a new one? want your voice to be heard so bad?

This could have easily been included in the Lesnar pics thread.
Sorry bro i have a life and don't spend all day reading every thread. MY BAD

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Just thinking about Carwin and Lesnar colliding in the Octagon makes me smile. Remember what it looked like when Mir and Carwin locked horns? I thought the cage was going to collapse when they both had their weight on it. Imagine what that's going to be like with Carwin and Lesnar.

Oh yes :)

·
Banned
439 Posts
well size is the thing every one has to say when it comes to Brock. and Brock GNP is week it looks like he is trying to jack off your nose.
His size and more specifically the speed that goes with his size. I'm not a Lesnar fan and I wish for Carwin to smash him but Brock has incredible speed for the mass that he carries around. His "jerk off" GNP is what stopped the match with Randy and Mir2.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCleeM

Randy's HW recored 12-7 thats not the recored of a legendary HW With losses to Valentijn Overeem, Mikhail Illoukhine, Enson Inoue, and Ricco Rodriguez are you kidding me.
his biggest HW win is against Pedro Rizzo and Tim Sylvia
not legendary HW themselves.
i never said he was legendary. i said i disagreed with you claiming he was never a "good" hw. multiple time hw belt holder in my eyes deserves the status "good" at that weight class.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
His size and more specifically the speed that goes with his size. I'm not a Lesnar fan and I wish for Carwin to smash him but Brock has incredible speed for the mass that he carries around. His "jerk off" GNP is what stopped the match with Randy and Mir2.
I agree. MMA has shown time and time again (most recently with Pudz last week) that size means jack sh*t without actual MMA talent. Brock isn't the most talented mixed martial artist in the world but he is a seriously good wrestler, and is freakishly quick for a guy of his size. Plus i don't care if his GnP isn't textbook, when you're getting hit with a 4XL fist it's gonna wreck!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i never said he was legendary. i said i disagreed with you claiming he was never a "good" hw. multiple time hw belt holder in my eyes deserves the status "good" at that weight class.
the UFC HW belt has meant nothing until recently. lets look at who else had the UFC HW belt Mark Coleman, Maurice Smith, Kevin Randleman, Ricco Rodriguez, and Tim Sylvia. the fact that those guys were ever champs is sad.

lets look at who had the belt in PRIDE Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira & Fedor Emelianenko both probably the best HW fighters in the short history of the sport.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Brock and Carwin are both freestyle wrestlers while Randy is an olympic-level Greco Roman wrestler.

For heavyweights Greco I believe is much more effective than freestyle, because these guys are too heavy for blitz shots like GSP and Koscheck, that cover an incredible amount of distance instantaneously.

Randy can hold these guys down because stylistically it's to his advantage.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree. MMA has shown time and time again (most recently with Pudz last week) that size means jack sh*t without actual MMA talent. Brock isn't the most talented mixed martial artist in the world but he is a seriously good wrestler, and is freakishly quick for a guy of his size. Plus i don't care if his GnP isn't textbook, when you're getting hit with a 4XL fist it's gonna wreck!
hey bro, Shane has 5x fist and knows how to use them on the ground so again Shane has the advantage there.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i'm with on the size thing. so with out mentioning size what can you really say about Brock. he use to wrestle so has a bunch of other MMA fighters thats nothing new.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.