Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Why do you think GSP was sitting RIGHT beside Dana? They were gonna announce it if Silva would of had a dominating performance.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I really didnt know I just wanted to create rumors :D, but who knows if that was even a possibility. I am sure Dana would rather have Silva fight GSP instead of Sonnen incase one of them lose in the near future. That would be a cash cow

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Anderson Silva said that he would be interested in testing himself at 170

GSP had always said that if he fought Silva it would have to be really close to 170

GSP was sitting cage side with Dana.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i'd love to see that fight happen and don't get me wrong cus both of these guys are great but i don't see GSP winning this one even though i would love to see him winning cus silva needs to get back on earth...apparently he's too selfconfident that's why we're seeing stuff like UFC 112 and such..

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
But...but... if Anderson goes up against GSP there's a danger it might turn into a fight!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
After that fight, i don't think Silva deserves a shot to fight with GSP.
This is what is so funny about mma fans or should that be ufc fans..It is not anderson that should feel privileged to fight gsp its the other way around..Anderson is a legend, gsp is just a gay icon..I dont understand how his berformance against maia should mean "hes not worthy" :confused05: of gsp when it was anderson that was taking the risk by moving down in weight while gsp has been dodging the fight since it was ripe after ufc 100..

Hasnt GSP lost 2x in the ufc? how many fights has silva lost in the ufc again? GSP has had what 3 or 4 title defences.While silva has about 6 or is it 7 (depends how you view it)I think you GSP fans know deep down he would have got his azz kicked and are just happy the fight is off

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
This is what is so funny about mma fans or should that be ufc fans..It is not anderson that should feel privileged to fight gsp its the other way around..Anderson is a legend, gsp is just a gay icon..I dont understand how his berformance against maia should mean "hes not worthy" :confused05: of gsp when it was anderson that was taking the risk by moving down in weight while gsp has been dodging the fight since it was ripe after ufc 100..

Hasnt GSP lost 2x in the ufc? how many fights has silva lost in the ufc again? GSP has had what 3 or 4 title defences.While silva has about 6 or is it 7 (depends how you view it)I think you GSP fans know deep down he would have got his azz kicked and are just happy the fight is off
i think some gsp fans are happy aswell because it takes some criticism off of him and thats the problem with having the fight right now as you can't set it up with the fights that they are both coming off.

·
Registered
292 Posts

All I meant was that Silva wants to fight GSP, and after this pathetic performance + 2 other "WTF" fights he shouldn't be able to get a chance at GSP whether or not he kicks his ass. Not until he comes back and starts fighting properly. This fight should have been finished within 5 minutes.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,815 Posts
Joe would have never said that without Dana's full approval. that was the plan, now silva has spoiled it.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
They could easily market the fight if Silva had a dominating performance. Amazing wrestler vs amazing striker, GSPs dominance in getting a takedown,trasitions and keeping a opponent on the floor vs Silva's fast movement and his ability at avoiding takedowns.

Do you not think Dana would have Silva fight GSP before he fights Sonnen or Belfort? GSP vs Silva would pull in HUGE numbers, numbers that Silva vs Belfort/Sonnen would never come close.

I really think that was the plan, notice how Silva just said he would drop to 170 a couple days before the fight? the talk about it would be at the highest point.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts