Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
What is the reason that Conor McGregor lost the fight against Nate Diaz? Did he underestimate his opponent? Did he run out of gas? Was it the sudden weight gain?

Now, let us begin by talking about each athlete’s attitude before the fight. Conor McGregor clearly underestimated Nate Diaz. He made all these fancy comments about Nate Diaz’s body image and how thin he looked, like he wasn’t even training. It is the first rule that we learn about when we step our foot in a Martial Arts school. NEVER underestimate your opponent. So we give the thumbs down for McGregor’s attitude.

Secondly, a fight is a fight, and it will always be a FIGHT. Do not talk about money, cars, and clothes, when you are going to face an undisputed champion. Of course McGregor is a champion himself, but in another weight category. Respect you opponent.

Now that we talked about these two really important rules, it is time to proceed to ConorMcGregor Vs Nate Diaz Fight Breakdown. McGregor Vs Diaz Fight Analysis Step By Step!

Round one, and the signs of nervousness are already apparent in McGregor’s face. Even though he may have looked overconfident, the fact that he tried to throw dynamite strong punches and spinning back kicks, showed the opposite. Just 30 seconds of the fight, and McGregor had spent so much energy, while Diaz’s endurance was simply intact.
Conor McGregor Punches Nate Diaz Conor McGregor Spinning Back Kick

Let’s move one to the second half of the first minute of our ConorMcGregor Vs Nate Diaz Fight Breakdown. Nate Diaz puts Conor McGregor in the corner of the octagon and proves who is dominant in this fight. It is the first sign that McGregor cannot escape from a naturally stronger and heavier human being. McGregor keeps coming with strong blows immediately after, spending even more energy!
Nate Diaz wrestles with Conor McGregor And Puts Him in The Corner of The Octagon McGregor lands an overhand left on Nate Diaz

Passing to the second minute of the first round of our McGregor Vs Diaz fight analysis: McGregor keeps spending energy with his really unneeded for the circumstances moves. He keeps throwing that overhand left in order to reach Nate Diaz, when Nate Diaz is laughing back at him.
McGregor Throws Strong Overhand Left to Nate Diaz

Third minute of the first round for our Conor McGregor Vs Nate Diaz Fight Breakdown: Nate Diaz made his present felt, keeping better defenses and starting controlling the game more and more. He avoided most of McGregor’s punches and another really dangerous spinning back kick, and he managed to give the one two combination twice himself, which effectively found McGregor on the face!

McGregor Throws Spinning Back Kick to Nate Diaz Nate DIaz Punches Conor McGregor With the Left Hand On The Face

Passing to the fourth minute of the first round in our Conor McGregor Vs Nate Diaz Fight Breakdown: Nate Diaz did even better in this 4th round. While Conor McGregor kept spending energy to useless moves, Diaz managed to give his famous Stockton Slap which shook McGregor’s face. The only significant move by McGregor was a push kick on Diaz’s right leg, which seems really creepy in slow motion and is not going to be presented in the current blog, in order to avoid disturbing sensitive viewers ;).

Nate Diaz Punches Conor McGregor Nate Diaz Stockton Slaps Conor McGregor

Fifth minute of the fight, and Nate Diaz throws the Notorious on the ground. From that position he amazes the crowd by Stockton slapping him twice on the face. McGregor manages to reverse the roles though and gives three effective left punches on Nate Diaz’s face.

Nate Diaz Stockton Slaps Conor McGregor on The Ground Conor McGregor Punches Nate Diaz While on The Ground

Round 1 finishes and we pass on to Round 2 of our Conor McGregor Vs Nate Diaz Fight Breakdown. In the first two minutes of Round two the Irish was dominant! He showed crazy skills and really good technique, managing to cut open Nate Diaz’s face even more. His mistake is that he kept spending energy in fancy moves, as his third spinning back kick. Third minute of round 2 and the Notorious is exhausted. Nate Diaz keeps firing bombs on him, and the lack of endurance is easily visible on the face of Conor McGregor. Diaz put McGregor in the corner of the octagon and punishes him, repeatedly punching him on the face with his left hand. McGregor, not being able to take the punishment anymore, attempts a desperate take down, which seemed more like a desperate move in order not to get knocked out in front of his fans, which would probably happen if he would have kept fighting in the stand up position.

McGregor gives spinning back kick to Nate DiazNate Diaz stones McGregor with a strong leftConor McGregor find Nate Diaz with a really strong left punchNate Diaz Put McGregor on the fence and punches him repeatedlyConor McGregor attempts to take down Nate Diaz

Nate Diaz perfectly controls Conor McGregor on the ground, which was totally expected taking into account the chaotic difference in Jiu Jitsu and wrestling skills. He punches Conor McGregor repeatedly, who in a desperate move to avoid the strong punches, turns his back to Nate Diaz. Diaz gives the last strong punch while chocking McGregor. Then he locks him and chocks him, till McGregor taps out. Nate Diaz takes the win and celebrates it!!

Conor McGregor Taps Out Nate Diaz Bloody After His Win Against Conor McGregor

Lesson of our Conor McGregor Vs Nate Diaz Fight Breakdown: Conor McGregor should not have underestimated Nate Diaz and the weight difference. Even taking into account the fact that they had the same weight, Nate Diaz is Naturally bigger while Conor McGregor was forced to gain a lot of weight in a short period of time. This played a significant role in his endurance. Also, as he mentioned himself, the punches and kicks that seemed to really hurt and knock out his other opponents in the featherweight category, were not even enough to cause an actual damage to Nate Diaz who is naturally bigger and with a chin made out of iron. McGregor’s biggest mistake though, was that he was really nervous during the fight and all of his strikes were of full power in the endeavor to knock out Nate Diaz and finish the game early on. This is what the Notorious paid!! Nate Diaz took the win that he totally deserved, and this is where our McGregor Vs Diaz Fight Analysis comes to its end. If you want to check out some of the best highlights of their fight click below.
Check out ChrisAngelsTv.com

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Because Nate was the better fighter that night and probably any night.

What sort of dumb question is this? No I will not check out your crappy breakdown of a fight that has been dicussed non stop for over 2 months after it happened.

·
Administrator
15,545 Posts
Quote your articles in your opening post when you make a thread like this. I did it for you so that you can see what you need to do. No more creating threads with links without posting the whole articles inside the thread itself. It's not against the rule to post MMA articles and link to them, but it is against the rules if you do not quote the whole article for everyone to read.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote your articles in your opening post when you make a thread like this. I did it for you so that you can see what you need to do. No more creating threads with links without posting the whole articles inside the thread itself. It's not against the rule to post MMA articles and link to them, but it is against the rules if you do not quote the whole article for everyone to read.
Ok, I apologize, and thank you for the clarification. I asked Liza yesterday about the details but I did not receive a reply. Thnx, it will not happen again!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why is this dude's advertising being allowed??? F***ing spam
Wait, where exactly is the spam in a thread that I opened? The administrators told me that it is the last time that I post without quoting. I did not know how exactly I could do that, but M.C gave me the details. I understand and I respect them and the rules. But can you please explain to me how opening a UFC relative thread is spam? I am looking forward to your answer!
P.S
you are not allowed to swear!

·
Premium Member
11,825 Posts
Wait, where exactly is the spam in a thread that I opened? The administrators told me that it is the last time that I post without quoting. I did not know how exactly I could do that, but M.C gave me the details. I understand and I respect them and the rules. But can you please explain to me how opening a UFC relative thread is spam? I am looking forward to your answer!
P.S
you are not allowed to swear!
This was posted when your thread just consisted of a link to your site. Before M.C added the text I believe.

Now you know what to do, and there is text in your post there is no issue.

No worries Chris.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Because Nate Diaz has an insane chin and Connor McGreggor thought he would go in there and KO him. He wasted a ton of energy but even if he wouldn't have done that Nate still would have out paced him and beat him. I have said this before but Connor lost because Nate is a better fighter pretty much everywhere. The only thing Connor is better at is punching power. People think Nate and Nick don't hit hard but they actually can hit pretty hard I think. They throw little 30 percent shots but will throw in a full power one or 70 80 percent shots here and there. I think that get's opponents timing off and they feel like they can take the punches but then a hard one comes in the middle of a combo. A lot of the time when Guy's go for finishes if they don't get it they end up losing. That's what happened. Connor will lose on the ground so Nate doesn't need to worry about Connor taking him down so Nate's stand up is working at 100 percent. Connor can't or didn't KO him so nate could open up more. There isn't really a way Connor can beat nate other then point fighting by staying outside boxing range and throwing kicks to the body and legs and hopefully he can hurt Nate's body and get Nate gasseed that way or at least be ahead on the score cards. This is how Connor could possibly beat Nate by points with kicks to the body and legs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Because Nate Diaz has an insane chin and Connor McGreggor thought he would go in there and KO him. He wasted a ton of energy but even if he wouldn't have done that Nate still would have out paced him and beat him. I have said this before but Connor lost because Nate is a better fighter pretty much everywhere. The only thing Connor is better at is punching power. People think Nate and Nick don't hit hard but they actually can hit pretty hard I think. They throw little 30 percent shots but will throw in a full power one or 70 80 percent shots here and there. I think that get's opponents timing off and they feel like they can take the punches but then a hard one comes in the middle of a combo. A lot of the time when Guy's go for finishes if they don't get it they end up losing. That's what happened. Connor will lose on the ground so Nate doesn't need to worry about Connor taking him down so Nate's stand up is working at 100 percent. Connor can't or didn't KO him so nate could open up more. There isn't really a way Connor can beat nate other then point fighting by staying outside boxing range and throwing kicks to the body and legs and hopefully he can hurt Nate's body and get Nate gasseed that way or at least be ahead on the score cards. This is how Connor could possibly beat Nate by points with kicks to the body and legs.
Interesting post!! Especially the part with the power of the punches and the confusion that Nate and Nick are bringing to the game. Don't you think that McGregor is more technical in the stand up game though?

·
The 55%
16,526 Posts
I think it's simple. Conor McGregor tried to out Nate Diaz Nate Diaz. Could Conor's gas tank have lasted a bit longer with some other circumstances changed? Maybe. But it was a 5 round fight. If Conor literally had double the gas tank...he'd have gassed at the end of round 2.

Conor went in there and tried a manly pissing contest with Nate, and got tapped for it. He showed some great skills and I've never seen Nate tested to that degree, but at the same time if you're in a face punching contest with Nate Diaz you're going to lose. You can't go hell for leather with this guy and come out on top.

Respect to McGregor for pitting his "unstoppable striking" against Diaz' "immovable toughness" but it was a risk that didn't pay off. We know Diaz' main strengths are much better than McGregor's main strengths now.

Do I think Conor could beat Nate? Maybe. With a perfect gameplan, with 5 rounds of cardio and by frustrating Nate...he'd have a shot. It'd always be an uphill battle and after the first fight, I reckon what we saw makes Diaz the favourite every time.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts