Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bigfoot Silva got knocked out by Stefan Struve, the Dutch giant. I had predicted that Silva would be the winner. Same case with Fabricio Werdum Vs Stipe Miocic. Why did the brazilians lose? What's your opinion? If you want to check out BigFoot Silva getting knocked out check out this video..

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
They got hit in the head real hard?

The fighters they faced are better fighters at the time they faced them, its not that hard to understand really.

Everyone on this form that posts often has been hear for ages so Im comfortable in saying they all know Stuve has the skills to be a champion.

But he has the chin of my daughter when she was four. If you dont put him out, why is it a shock that he can beat a shit striker like bigfoot? He's old, he's slow, he's off roids?? IDK he may still have an exemption.

If its not on the ground, he's outclassed by talented strikers.

Its not a fluke that JDS dropped Fabrício Werdum like a sack.

So I dont see why anyone would be shocked he got put out here.. Alistair Overeem beat him too. Werdum is a great fighter with great skills and Im sure he wont fall too far but he's never struck me with an aura of invincibility.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
I don't think Struve has a terrible chin, often takes a lot of big shots before he goes away... He just has no defense at all when people get in range, so he gets hit hard by big heavyweights often...

Bigfoot on the other hand, is a shell of his former self and should retire. He is, as Slapshot said, off the steroids... but is one of the few fighters who should be on the steroids.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha yes, nice one. He should be on them, or better as you said, he should retire. It is just that all of these huge fighters do not know when it is the right time for them to retire! Crazy!

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
I don't think Struve has a terrible chin, often takes a lot of big shots before he goes away... He just has no defense at all when people get in range, so he gets hit hard by big heavyweights often...

Bigfoot on the other hand, is a shell of his former self and should retire. He is, as Slapshot said, off the steroids... but is one of the few fighters who should be on the steroids.
I was going to say he is one of the only fighters that an exemption has merit for but got lazy likewise with my comment on Struve, although I still hold his chin is weak I wont argue that you couldn't say defense instead.

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
I think it's less that he has a weak chin and moreso he's such a huge target. He's not really able to tuck his chin and most guys can land that overhand right and take him out.

As you see with Nelson, Hunt, and Dos Santos they were able to land at will with Struve's arms up and chinned tucked.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I thought this was a joke?

The real question is, "Who hasn't knocked out Bigfoot?" Struve is young and well rounded. I saw it coming from a mile away. Just like I saw Werdum getting knocked out too. Now I did not see Jacare completely mauling Vitor like that. Now that was impressive!

·
Registered
953 Posts

Agree with that. Also it's hard being a Struve Fan I am. He's not my favorite guy but I like him and it's such a waste when there is a guy with insane reach who doesn't fight long. Struve should be able to fight way longer then he does. As far as Bigfoot I feel like the TRT ban hurt him. While he legitimately needed it I have a feeling he was also abusing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts