Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else see a discrepancy, here? Rogers just lost to Fedor, and how he's fighting for the Strikeforce heavyweight belt. Fedor just beat Rogers. Don't fight matchmakers have a tiered system or some kind of heirarchy where if you beat one opponent, you move up? I've never heard of losing and then getting a title shot. What's the deal with that? If Rogers wins, then that makes him the heavyweight champ of strikeforce after losing to Fedor. WTF?

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
New to MMA are we?

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's FEDOR man, it's fedor, that's why I'm saying you're new to MMA. You are right? there is nothing wrong with that, but you are aren't you?
I know about Fedor bro, chill out. I'm wondering why Fedor hasn't been given a title shot at overeem. Especially since Rogers just lost to him... and now Rogers is getting the title shot. It doesn't make sense, to me.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
I know about Fedor bro, chill out. I'm wondering why Fedor hasn't been given a title shot at overeem. Especially since Rogers just lost to him... and now Rogers is getting the title shot. It doesn't make sense, to me.
You're asking why Fedor is not fighting a guy that might have a chance to beat him right after Fedor took a bit of a beating from Rogers.........just admit you are new to MMA and go read some stuff about Fedor, don't just look at their records on fight finder or wikipedia.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're asking why Fedor is not fighting a guy that might have a chance to beat him right after Fedor took a bit of a beating from Rogers.........just admit you are new to MMA and go read some stuff about Fedor, don't just look at their records on fight finder or wikipedia.
http://www.5thround.com/24909/alistair-overeem-fedor-doesnt-want-to-fight/

You're offering an opinion. You have and are entitled to yours, but this is what it says. I'm wondering why, if Fedor is such a lame ass, that the UFC and especially dana white are trying to get him, now? Can you explain that cochise?

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I give up, please move along to Sherdog.
You're arguing that Fedor is running scared from Overeem? You should check my thread on overeem where I say that he should be included on the top 25 list. People said that he shouldn't be because of lots of different reasons. On that list you'll see that fedor is ranked #1. Is it just me that thinks fedor is a great fighter and deserved a title shot before Rogers? You have an opinion, bro, but you don't make a very good point. You sound like a conspiracy theorist saying that the real reason Fedor won't fight is because he's scared of Overeem. I love Overeem. I think he's a great fighter. I don't think fedor is running, though.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
To Sherdog with you sir, to sherdog.

I never even made a point, i just said you are new to MMA, which you clearly are. And judging by your post count <<<<

You're new to forums as well, why do you think I'm the only one responding here and I'm not even talking about your point. YOU ARE :sarcastic07:

TO SHERDOG WITH YOU!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To Sherdog with you sir, to sherdog.

I never even made a point, i just said you are new to MMA, which you clearly are. And judging by your post count <<<<

You're new to forums as well, why do you think I'm the only one responding here and I'm not even talking about your point. YOU ARE :sarcastic07:

TO SHERDOG WITH YOU!!
Do you know something that everyone else doesn't? You must have psychic abilities to read people so accurately. You're saying that fedor isn't fighting overeem because he's scared. That's preposterous. It's a bad opinion that you can't prove. It's just conjecture. What's worse, you're telling me to go to some other forum because you disagree with me. Well, I implore you to see my overeem post, yet again, where someone with MORE posts than you says that this board is where people can voice their opinions, because that's what it's for. I also said that you're entitled to your opinion, but that you don't make a convincing argument. Good luck winning in life with that kind of attitude.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Life B Ez lol attacking a new member calling him a noob for asking a question, being ignorant and stupid I think you are the one who should move up to sherdog.

fedor took beating from rogers? when? the jab and and 4 sec ground n pound was his moment of glory I guess by the way you judge the fights you are a noob.

Keep on trolling and being ignorant.

Welcome to the forum Landspeed

I guess they didnt give fedor the title fight is because their HW division is not stacked enough and they want to keep fedor for a moment before he gets HW title.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Life B Ez lol attacking a new member calling him a noob for asking a question, being ignorant and stupid I think you are the one who should move up to sherdog.

fedor took beating from rogers? when? the jab and and 4 sec ground n pound was his moment of glory I guess by the way you judge the fights you are a noob.

Keep on trolling and being ignorant.

Welcome to the forum Landspeed

I guess they didnt give fedor the title fight is because their HW division is not stacked enough and they want to keep fedor for a moment before he gets HW title.
they know they will lose because it's roidereem so they said the fight will only happen if roidereem passes a piss test, fair enough

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Landspeed, I was wondering the same thing, and I'm quite surprised more people aren't asking the same question. Since no one has really provided a good explanation/answer, as of right now, it seems that there is no good answer to your question.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Fedor is not fighting Overeem because he was renegotiating his contract. A fight had to be made and Rogers was the next best available guy. (just my opinion)

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Do you guys not realize Strikforce has their heads firmly up their asses on this one.

Overeem hasnt even defended the belt in over 2 years. Shit just be happy its a title fight.

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
because overeem is scared of M1 local while fedor is scared of not feeding his legacy...........was that good enough for you? overeem has to pass a piss test to fight in the U.S. anyway so that reason is useless. overreem has not defended the title in years, be glad that he is actually dusting it off and polishing it up to hand it to rogers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts