Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
641 Posts
He is in the WFA. I watched him fight on their PPV. They really hyped him up for beating Rich Franklin, among others, but it was a really boring fight. Him and the other guy, I forget who it was, just kinda pawed back and forth at each other forever.

· Registered
45 Posts
Boring fight with White, the Penn fight was awful aswell. Haven't seen it, but the Franklin fight was meant to be poor aswell until the TKO. He did leave Bonnar a mess though.

Still, can't argue with the record.

Attachments

· Registered
1,580 Posts
Hes not in either because he puts people to sleep..........the fans that is haha that fight against Vernon was boring in fact im getting tired just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oh sorry I fell asleep thinkin about it. He needs some work before going to the big guys

· Premium Member
6,069 Posts
Dana Should Give Rich A Chance To Redeem Himself Vs This Guy..this Guy Couldnt Even Finish A 155 Pound Fighter In Bj Penn...rich Is The Man Now And He'll Kill This Guy Now

· Registered
161 Posts
I hope you gnubs are joking. Lyoto has been off for several years. He is definately one of the toughest 185ers out there. Give him time to get back on track before you go demanding a KO. He pwnd Rich and Bonnar. In about 2-3 fights they should grab him.

· Registered
1,580 Posts
FunkDoctor said:
I hope you gnubs are joking. Lyoto has been off for several years. He is definately one of the toughest 185ers out there. Give him time to get back on track before you go demanding a KO. He pwnd Rich and Bonnar. In about 2-3 fights they should grab him.
you just put Rich and Bonnar on the same level....LOL wow

· Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya, it seems whenever bonnar fights someone other then TUF people from his series he looses lol

· Outta My Head
1,259 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
and thats how it should be lol most of them are terrible.....but neway, ur avitar is familar whens that from
I think that's Yves Edwards vs. Josh Thompson from UFC 49.

· True Grappler
6,368 Posts
Firstly, the sherdog record isn't entirely accurate. I don't give them much credit for following lesser known fighters.

All of this guys wins over decent fighters are guys who weigh 20 pounds less than him at their natural weight. Don't ever try and put rich and bonnar on the same level.

You have brought up a really good question. The guy is a kind of fighter that doesn't exist in the UFC or pride. He's what's called an enforcer. Essentially, he gets fights with up and comers in much lower weight classes, padding his record. His fights are stacked in his favor, as an attraction for WFA.

Guys like this are under high paying contract with small time organizations and they exist so that WFA can say "we have a guy who beat rich franklin and BJ Penn." They forget that fighting at natural weight the guy is 20 pounds heavier than franklin and 35 pounds heavier than Penn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.