Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did any1 catch Ultimate fighter, the first semi finals, Din thomas and Chris lytle or whatever his name is, and in the restaurant matt hughes make a comment about the size of din's lips because he is black, i find matt hughes an ass, hes a good fighter and all but i hate him, in all his interviews and whenever he coaches in the ultimate fighter i just cant help but hate him, i also find how he constantly talks shit to GSP annoying, i hope st pierre knocks him out.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
He's a great fighter but he knows how to push those buttons! Its like the man never stopped being a high school jock!

·
Registered
669 Posts
the comment about Din's lips had me in tears i was laughing so hard, because he was talken shit about matt so he had it comming.

Along the lines of what matt says to GSP, they aren't friends they are fighting each other all fighters do it, get over it.

I like both fighters, i think Matt's got a better well rounded game but i think GSP's a VERY accurate and strong Striker and has good JJ

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GSP gonna kill him... hopefully

you cant really tell if Din talked shit about hughes, he said something but we cant tell what, it was still a racist comment, and anyways, i think pierre will win because Bj almost beat hughes, he dominated first 2 rounds, and was punishing matt hughes with punches, it also helped he stabbed his eye.. i think thats one of bj penns tactics, he poked pierres eye too lol, but then he ran out of energy and hughes destroyed him, GSP beat bj, bj has and almost beat matt, so its possible, and pierre almost beat hughes too, hughes got lucky, pierre was winning.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Why is itracist to comment on the size of someone's lips? I think folks simply look for racist content as an excuse to avoid the truth. If you have big lips... oh well. If you think it's racist for someone to say that... oh well, and... you still have big lips.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Zenhalo said:
Why is itracist to comment on the size of someone's lips? I think folks simply look for racist content as an excuse to avoid the truth. If you have big lips... oh well. If you think it's racist for someone to say that... oh well, and... you still have big lips.
I wouldn't put making a racist comment passed Matt Hughes, especially since he's a farm boy. But it didn't have to be racist. Making fun of someones lips could be just that...

On the topic of racism, I don't think Melvin guillard is racist either. He said "you know we black guys are athletic" and so what? If you knew any bodybuilder...whether he was from NYC or Des Moines Iowa or even Australia or Europe, they would tell you its not fair to be black. It is simply a unfair genetic advantage.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I Like Hughes. to me he's just that good athelete, country boy....

I Have nothing against gsp, I just don't like the idea of a frog beating an american :) but most people like yo see the champs fall and I think it is the case here...

My opinion?? Some guys just give others a hard time & fits, bj penn imo gives hughes trouble and maybe?? Hughes just gives gsp trouble. I Do wonder if gsp's time off will make him rusty though?? We shall see soon enough won't we.....

ST

·
Registered
279 Posts
GSP gave Hughes trouble while on the feet. BJ Penn gave Hughes problems on the feet BOTH times. Striking is and always will be Matt Hughes' kryptonite. He is and always will be a wrestler with submissions. He can't strike for shit, and he can't move for shit except to set himself to shoot or launch a kick.

In the first fight, GSP would move and Hughes would be a step behind him every time.

I don't think Georges will be attempting takedown this time....just stuffing Hughes'. He'll keep it on the feet and punish Hughes. Strength and cardio due you no good when you eat alot of shots. And Hughes is wide open for them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
And even though Penn's stamina sucks he knows what beats Matt Hughes. Just too bad he did'nt get that wind where it needs to be for him to bust Hughes ass with combos til he knocked him out.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
ShootBoxer said:
And even though Penn's stamina sucks he knows what beats Matt Hughes. Just too bad he did'nt get that wind where it needs to be for him to bust Hughes ass with combos til he knocked him out.

Stamina? Oh I guessed you missed him practically crawling back to his corner after two? lol

·
Registered
279 Posts
AtomDanger said:
Stamina? Oh I guessed you missed him practically crawling back to his corner after two? lol
I was speaking negatively about his stamina. So it should be no suprise to me that he crawled back to his corner.....right? What say you? :dunno:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.