Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why Not Lindland INSTEAD of Silva VS Franklin...Lindland VS Franklin would be an awesome fight...
I know Lindland is under contract with WFA for atleast 2 more fights, but does that mean he's through with the UFC?
Lindland lost to Rampage after goin up to LHW, but I was there and I thought Lindland one...
Just please give me your thoughts on why Lindland left the UFC if he really did? And why didn't he get a title shot against Ace?
Thanks for any help.

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Dana didnt want him as champion, Lindland has always been said to be a boring fighter. He could have a really good chance in beating Ace becuase of clinch and ground work, but Dana didnt want to see that so he made up a bullshit reason to fire Lindland from the ufc. He said that Lindland was not allowed to wear a shirt at the weighin with sportfight.com on it, Lindland had it on anyway and now hes with WFA

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH Really!? Geeze, stupid Dana, interesting though, not in the know of sportfight.com and how it made a problem...Lindland is a cool dude though, suprisingly all the fighters I saw after King Of The Streets were, got pics and autographs...well anyway Dana should have fired other people who've done worse before...thanks for the info though...

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Dana sucks! I like to see good fights were it is evenly matched and wants silva to fight rich because he is a good striker!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Very simple answer is Dana does not think a gorgeous man like Linland is marketable or exciting :laugh: .....Dana gets another huge :thumbsdown:

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
lindland/franklin would have been a good fight, but why do so many people have an aversion to this silva fight? all i know, is that when Silva is standing over franklin's corpse... all you people are gunna have nothing to say...

·
Registered
161 Posts
pt447 said:
lindland/franklin would have been a good fight, but why do so many people have an aversion to this silva fight? all i know, is that when Silva is standing over franklin's corpse... all you people are gunna have nothing to say...

WTF ru talking about?

Silva by KO rd 2, book it!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
FunkDoctor said:
WTF ru talking about?

Silva by KO rd 2, book it!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
what do you mean what am i talking about? i've heard/read lots of people saying how they think this fight is going to be a cake-walk for Franklin. lots of people seem to be writing silva off for some reason.

i'm pretty sure (as sure as one can ever be) that silva is going to KO franklin after a spectacular showing, maybe even run a clinic on franklin and expose him for the protected champ he is.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't think the fight wil; be a cake walk for either guy. I just think Rich is going to go for a striking comb like he usually does (ala Tanner/Crow) but he's not used to the long reach of Anderson.....he gunna think he's out of danger and BAMMM!!!!!

Winner and NEW MW champion Anderrrson the Spider Sillllllvaaaa!!!! :laugh:

Book it I said book it! :thumbsup:

BTW don't worry about the gnubs on here who know nothing past TUF, experience is the greatest teacher....:cheeky4:

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
ace is gonna beat silva..hes too well rounded...middleweight champ for life unless some more top pride guys come over, like filho, kang , or hendo

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
jdun11 said:
ace is gonna beat silva..hes too well rounded...middleweight champ for life unless some more top pride guys come over, like filho, kang , or hendo
is he too well rounded to lose, ever? i mean, there's lots of guys who are "well rounded", but lose fights... just being "well versed" in everything doesn't automatically make you an exceptional fighter. i mean, Silva is used to vale tudo fights, dozens of them... and most vale tudo fights end up on the ground in either sub wars or GNP beatdowns! silva has seen a whole lot more than what franklin can dish out.

i'm not saying franklin isn't good, but he's obviously a coddled fighter and hasn't truly been tested over a long period. for as long as he's been champ he's only fought a handfull of times against guys who didn't pose as much threat as the raw, and violent fighter that is silva.

maybe people confuse this sivla for the one that was a pillow against silvia!

man these names are getting confusing...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Franklin hasn't been takin it easy, he hasn't been coddled, he fought David Loiseau practically the rest of 4 rounds with a broken arm... Is it his fault the UFC hasn't given him a rightful opponent or that he hasn't fought in a longass time cuz he don't have one of those healing cages like T.O. has, haha...but mark my word, Franklin can not and will not be stopped...he is the biggest 185er I've ever seen, he trains like a madman and he's smart, I ain't dissin Silva, but he hasn;t exactly had a huge streak of wins goin, he just came out of nowhere and beat Leben, okay, nice, good for him, now he gets a title shot? LOL, Come On!

·
Banned
25 Posts
What are you talking about Evil, Matt Lindland is exciting, did you see him against David Terrell? He definitely deserves a title shot after that no doubt.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Dana White is a buisnessman he just wants fights to earn money not to match decent competitors unless it SUITS HIM.

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
CHRIS said:
Franklin hasn't been takin it easy, he hasn't been coddled, he fought David Loiseau practically the rest of 4 rounds with a broken arm... Is it his fault the UFC hasn't given him a rightful opponent or that he hasn't fought in a longass time cuz he don't have one of those healing cages like T.O. has, haha...but mark my word, Franklin can not and will not be stopped...he is the biggest 185er I've ever seen, he trains like a madman and he's smart, LOL, Come On!
you just proved my entire point...

"I ain't dissin Silva, but he hasn;t exactly had a huge streak of wins goin, he just came out of nowhere and beat Leben, okay, nice, good for him, now he gets a title shot?"

i've said previously to this specific post, that i am bringing into the conversation, all of Silva's fights, his vale tudo fights as well... again, the heat against silva seems to come from people who think he's only ever fought once against leben and got lucky...

he deserves a title shot because he's been in the fight world for a long time and has the potential to be one of the most exciting champs the UFC has ever had!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
jdun11 said:
Uh, Silva was a top Pride guy.
Flying knee fourth min, round one, just like against Newton.
Silva is champ til he retires.
I like Rich, but he's champ of a week division. Rich will go up to 205 and expose Littell for the chump that he is.
I hope Littell fights Wanderlai. I cant wait to see Littell cry like a biitch.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Let me explain why lindland is not going to fight Rich Franklin:

1) because he's not under contract in the UFC anymore.

2) because Chris Leben was the number 1 contender and lost the right to fight Rich Franklin to Anderson Silva

3) because it would be a lopsided fight in favor of Franklin and everyone, including Dana White, knows it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
It really kills me to see everyone jump ship with franklin. The guys the biggest 185'er in the ufc, he's the most evasive fighter in the ufc and he also is more expeirenced then Silvia.

I like Lindland, i think he's got a ton of heart and is a great fighter, i just don't think his type of fighting is really big in the UFC (unless your on TUF lol), the ground game of laying around small punches and then exposing a submission doesn't seem to be a favorite of dana white, sean sherk works the same way and for his record he hasn't seen a ton of hugh fights in the last few years (other then gsp/hughes). But i just wanna see a good fight with Silva and Franklin, but i will be rooting for franklin lol.

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Kimura said:
What are you talking about Evil, Matt Lindland is exciting, did you see him against David Terrell? He definitely deserves a title shot after that no doubt.

Why did you write that to me? I dont agree with Danas decision and Lindland is not a boring fighter in my opinion. Never said he was boring.. Dont get it? If youre tryin to make fun of me or Lindland, thats cute.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts