Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this is kind of unecessary, but I thought I just give people more reasons to watch the Muscle Shark.

1) He's 5'6", how cool is that.

2) He fights at 170, even though he could fight at 155, and he's only lost two fights. (both loses were to great fighters)

3) He's the only fighter ever to go 5 rounds with Matt Hughes, before losing by unanimous decision.

Those are just three, anybody else who has more, go ahead and throw them out there.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
He is definitely the best fighter for his tiny size. Not only his size tells it all, but the way his punches affect his opponents and his speed is just crazy as heck. And he has only lost to the top 2 welterweights. Every one else he's just owned. But yet again, you made it sound like he was the closest one to beating Hughes when Hughes has lost 4 times, one of them to BJ Penn.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Ummm....Sean Sherk is the best fighter ever, Nuff said.
And i think he is getting a title shot at 155 against Kenflo. So he will be the LW champion.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rush said:
He is definitely the best fighter for his tiny size. Not only his size tells it all, but the way his punches affect his opponents and his speed is just crazy as heck. And he has only lost to the top 2 welterweights. Every one else he's just owned. But yet again, you made it sound like he was the closest one to beating Hughes when Hughes has lost 4 times, one of them to BJ Penn.
No, it's not that. He's just the only fighter have good enough cardio to last five rounds against Hughes. Most guys can go two or three before they get tired and Hughes slams them for a TKO. You're right that BJ has beaten Hughes, and will beat Hughes, but he won't do it with a decision, and he doesn't intend to.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rush said:
He would be the Fedor Emelianenko of the lightweight division lol.
He definitely is. The fact that he only has 2 losses at welterweight is a testament to his skills. Imagine what he can do to guys that are smaller than him.

I have no problem with Jens Pulver and Kenny Florian, but the Shark is going to come down to 155 and kill them. He's going to be the UFC lightweight champion in the same way that Fedor with the Pride heavyweight champion, pure dominance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
M.m.a.a

sean is one of the instructors at the gym i go to... and yes.. he does kick azz. He trains 6 hrs a day.. everyday.. which explains his conditioning. Sean and Kenny definitely not happenin if ya'll haven't heard... But, there's talk about who he might fight.. maybe Spencer Fisher? hMm..... hopefully, they find someone otherwise the fight probably wont even happen at UFC next month..

Here's the website to our gym..

www.mmaacombatzone.com

If you're curious what our gym is about.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sherk would destroy Fisher via groundnpound.

And snap, when they have to determine the welterweight title holder, it will be sherk v pulver and after sherk destroys Jens, he will fight florian. That's only a prediction, but it's a logical one. Florian is the first in line for a title shot right now, after the title is decided.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
No, nevermind, Sherk is Fedor of the lightweight division since Pulver is now in the UFC. Pulver could easily beat Sherk. I want to see Sherk fight BJ Penn as well. And Sherk is not the greatest ever, St. Pierre murdered him lol, doublelegtakedown. Sherk was bleeding and had a broken nose.

And their are rumors saying Ken Florian is refusing to fight Sherk.

·
Registered
92 Posts
wasn't this the Kenny Florian, "statement to the press" about needing to train 3-6 months for a fight. Kenny is smart not to fight sherk, he got crushed by Leban and DSanchez. Kid won't be able to defend himself.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well sherk is officially the lightweight champ now. Im happy he is finnaly in the division he should be in. Kenflo had no chance.

·
The Few. The Proud.
1,624 Posts
Sherk is crazy

Sherk is one of my favorites because he lets the fans and the ufc know that height is not an obstacle for him. the title proves it. he's one of the most entertaining fighters to watch in the ufc because hes very fast and is not afraid to get hit. i personally like his stance. its solid and when he throws punches they hurt. by the time you see his first punch coming his second is already on its way. i like his speed and his ground game.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rush said:
No, nevermind, Sherk is Fedor of the lightweight division since Pulver is now in the UFC. Pulver could easily beat Sherk. I want to see Sherk fight BJ Penn as well. And Sherk is not the greatest ever, St. Pierre murdered him lol, doublelegtakedown. Sherk was bleeding and had a broken nose.

And their are rumors saying Ken Florian is refusing to fight Sherk.
Sherk is fighting Franca July 7th after a long hiatus mending from a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder.
From what I hear, your wish (and mine) may come true very soon. I've heard rumors that Sherk will be fighting the winner of the TUF 5 June 23rd finale Pulver vs. Penn. It's a win-win situation for me. You say Pulver can easily beat Sherk....I'd love to see it. Just like you, I would also like to see Sherk go up against Penn. Either way, I'm good. :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
I saw that Brock Lesnar also trains there. Very cool :thumb02:

snap down said:
sean is one of the instructors at the gym i go to... and yes.. he does kick azz. He trains 6 hrs a day.. everyday.. which explains his conditioning. Sean and Kenny definitely not happenin if ya'll haven't heard... But, there's talk about who he might fight.. maybe Spencer Fisher? hMm..... hopefully, they find someone otherwise the fight probably wont even happen at UFC next month..

Here's the website to our gym..

-=[ Minnesota Martial Arts Academy - Brazilian Jiujitsu, Combat Submission Wrestling,Muay Thai, Kali, Jeet Kune Do ]=-

If you're curious what our gym is about.

·
Banned
6,585 Posts
Sherk's kryptonite is a good stand up fighter. If you watched UFC 56 you'd know what i mean. St Pierre took him down 3 times before finishing him with elbows. But being that he is a LW now anyone with good TDD and Stand Up could put him away.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry the trick is not a good stand up fighter, its a good wrestler, gsp is both a good stand up fighter and wrestler, he put Sherk on his back where any wrestler hates to be there like turtles on there shells very helps less. At 155 hes going to tough to beat hes to good on the ground but if the upsets keep comin maybe a good stand up guy might catch him with a lucky shot who knows. The guy is a monster at 155 he'll problly hold the belt longer than any Champion in the ufc right now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.