Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from the fact that his acceptance speech would f*cking rule?

Discuss.

·
The Detective
1,338 Posts
Because GSP is Arguably the best athlete of any of the other choices and he is so dominant right now it's unbelievable. He is a great role model and he would be a good pick imo. With that being said, Kobe will probably get it.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Espy? I assume thats some less known american award handed out to athletes? Never heard of it...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Espy? I assume thats some less known american award handed out to athletes? Never heard of it...
Its very well known in America. Personally I don't care, and I don't know how many people actually do.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
How do you even pronounce Espy? Is it just Espy or is it E-S-Py? What kind of a name is Espy anyway...
a lot of awards have y at the end like grammy, webby, etc. So ESPN's awards are the espy's. pronounce S pee. Still the one of the funniest epsy moments was when Lance Armstrong hosted and said he told them that he would give his left nut to host the show.

·
Banned
820 Posts
Excellence in Sports Performance Yearly Awards

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Espys: Mayweather

Is anyone else completely disgusted by the fact that Floyd snooze fest Mayweather won the best fighter award? geez.... even if GSP didn't deserve it Mayweather definitely should not have got it. He had a list of boring and pointless fights, as well as dodging the fighter who should have probably won, Pacquiao.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Floyd Mayweather is HUGE!! No doubt.
But i don't think he deserved this award for this year.
But boxing feels loke it's losing momentum, so maybe they needed this award to be given to a boxer, instead of a MMA fighter.:confused02:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts