Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WIth the UFC titles but Tamkanori Gomi title was never brought to the ufc? Also if fedor comes over to the ufc would his pride title be relevant?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Lol, to cut the OP some slack i'll give the first serious response, Gomi last Pride title defense was in 2006, and last Pride fight was 2007, in which he "lost" to Nick Diaz.

Henderson was signed straight out of Pride so his title was still legit, way too much time (4years) had passed for Gomi. Also Gomi losing two fights since the fall of Pride pretty much means he's gotta start from the back of the line just like all the other fighters.

·
Banned
820 Posts
dvddanny said it quite well. Hendo was fresher, and gomi was not, and just took to long to get in the UFC.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Dvddanny got it right. It just wouldn't make sense for the UFC to market Gomi as a Pride champion at the time he was signed. Once the UFC bought pride and Gomi didn't immediately go to the UFC, his belt than meant nothing.

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
Damn, haven't had a post deleted in, well, ever maybe.

Sorry, I was being facetious, but I was making the point that this stuff is kind of arbitrary, and that only decision-makers over at Zuffa could really answer the question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.