Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I've watched Liddell/Jackson well over 5 times by now, and it is clearly obvious that Liddell's corner threw in the towel, the ref even picked up the towel and waved his arms, but on Sherdog they have it ruled as TKO (Strikes) but in other fights that I have such as Tim Sylvia vs Cabbage, Cabbage's corner threw in the towel and its Corner Stoppage. Ken Shamrock's corner at UFC 40 threw in the towel and it was Corner Stoppage...So I'm just wondering, why isn't Liddell/Jackson TKO (Corner Stoppage)?

Loss Quinton Jackson TKO (Strikes) PRIDE-Final Conflict 2003 11/9/2003 2 3:10

Win Wesley Correira TKO (Corner Stoppage) UFC 39-The Warriors Return 9/27/2002 2 1:43

Loss Tito Ortiz TKO (Corner Stoppage) UFC 40-Vendetta 11/22/2002 3 5:00

Those are just some examples of corner stoppages. Thanks to anyone who can answer.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Sydon666 said:
It's not that pride lists it as tko it's just a mistake by sherdog in my eyes.
Who ever said that mudhole of a place was a well trained, professional, outfit anyways? Sherdog > dog poop...but only by a hair.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just saw the fight vs fujita and it's a corner stoppage. Although pride says forfeit. You can see he tells his corner to throw in the twoel and they did. That is why the bell rang before the ref got in between.

Forfeit: Something surrendered or subject to surrender as punishment for a crime, an offense, an error, or a breach of contract.

Submit: To yield or surrender (oneself) to the will or authority of another.

If he surrendered why don't they just use the term we always use ( or at least i've never seen forfeit anywhere) wich is 'verbal submission'.

This is what makes sence to me.

KO: a fighter got knocked out and is unable to continue.
TKO: a fighter was knocked down one or more times and is unable to continue.
Submission: a fighter is in a position in wich he admits he can not continue by Tapping out
Verbal Submission: a fighter admits he can no longer continue and makes this verbally clear to the referee.
Referee Stoppage: The referee decides a fighter can no longer effectively defend himself and stops the fight.
Corner Stoppage: The corner decides their fighter can no longer effectively defend himself and throw in the towel.
Doctor Stoppage: The doctor decides a fighter has sustained an injury with wich he cannot continue.
Forfeit: a fighter admits he cannot start the fight.
Disqualification: a fighter utilizes an illegal technique wich is to be judged heavy enough to end the fight.

·
Registered
663 Posts
moldy said:
it doesn't matter how they word it it should just say one big [email protected]# whooping.

I guess you didn't see that fight...

Shamrock was beating the everloving dogshit out of Fujita for the entire fight, but he gassed really, REALLY bad & decided to quit rather than let a 250lb guy beat on him. Smart move in my book, as cowardly as it may seem. live to fight another day gentlemen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.