Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upsets.

You never know what is going to happen in MMA. Seriously.

Serra beating GSP. Gonzaga beating Cro Cop. Werdum beating Fedor. It's CRAZY.

But that's what it's all about! Isn't it?

I don't know about you, but in my head, I pretty much ruled that ending out (Fedor fight). He noobed. Letting a BJJ world champ grab an arm, and not scramble out of it? He was dry...

He was overconfident. Whatever, he's human. His credibility and ...mystique, has, vanished. He was the last guy (imo) who was unbeatable, be beaten. But if these things didn't happen, we wouldn't watch.

The reason I'm posting this in the UFC section is, they have all the good fighters, and this is where most of it goes down. Other UFC watchers can appreciate a good upset.

I hope Fedor comes to the UFC. Fights at LHW. And does what he does best. How do you think he would do, AND, what do you think he should do? Fight at hw? lhw?

I still can't believe it.

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
Thread title should read "Why i watch MMA"

I personally dont watch mma for upsets. Just it appeals to the animalistic side of me. Man vs Man combat has been something that has fascinated humans since history began. I couldnt care lsess if there was an upset or not, just as long as theres no laying and praying i'm happy :thumb02:

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I watch MMA because I want to see GSP dominate his fights, and not to get KO'ed(Serra).I also like watching Brock Lesnar smash faces, hope he never loses another fight ;)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I think he would run through LHW, except for Rua.

But I really would hate that, my 2 fav fighters fighting each other.

But hell why not.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I watch MMA because I like watching both kickboxing and grappling. Werdum beating Fedor isn't really that big of an upset if you don't buy into the Fedor is an unstoppable cyborg nonsense. Really GSP/Serra is the only ridiculous high level upset I can think of. Gonzaga has shown he is about at the same level as CroCop that was just people buying into someones hype too much(myself included).

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
I watch MMA because - well it's freakin' awesome!
And I love the evolution of it, I'm always intrigued as to what will be the new trend amongst fighters, the way wrestling seems to be the "thing" to do ATM...

Gotta love MMA :)

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
So Fedor really lost last night, I was sure I would wake up this morning shake off the lingering hangover and find out that Fedor had actually TKO'd Wedrum when he knocked him down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts