Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an honest question. Tito's worst fight is a stand up fight, and Liddell is the best striker in the world. Tito's only hope is his ground and pound and Liddell hasn't been on the ground for like almost 2 years. Plus the last time they fought, Liddell blasted Tito's chicklets out his ass. I have nothing but respect for Tito, one of my favorite fighters in the UFC, but I call 'em how I see 'em

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
putmeonhold said:
Just an honest question. Tito's worst fight is a stand up fight, and Liddell is the best striker in the world. Tito's only hope is his ground and pound and Liddell hasn't been on the ground for like almost 2 years. Plus the last time they fought, Liddell blasted Tito's chicklets out his ass. I have nothing but respect for Tito, one of my favorite fighters in the UFC, but I call 'em how I see 'em

I definatly wouldn't say Chuck is the best striker in the world, maybe the UFC, but anything can happen. Tito has a chance at taking him down. That might be a small chance, but it can happen.
...and I think things have changed since they last fought. At the very least I think this is going to be a bit more entertaining and than last time.

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just think it's sad because he was gone for so long, the nhe finally came back, he's been on a bit of a tear, and then he's gonna go down to Chuck and then his career will start to fall off

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
putmeonhold said:
well, your argument falls off the boat when you say chuck is the best striker in the world. that is just a flagrant overstatement. but, that aside, what happens when tito takes chuck down and Gnp's him? chucks "super standup" won't mean shizznit!

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
putmeonhold said:
I just think it's sad because he was gone for so long, the nhe finally came back, he's been on a bit of a tear, and then he's gonna go down to Chuck and then his career will start to fall off

Yeah. Where I would really like to see Tito is coaching and training, bringing up Team Punishment.

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pt447 said:
well, your argument falls off the boat when you say chuck is the best striker in the world. that is just a flagrant overstatement. but, that aside, what happens when tito takes chuck down and Gnp's him? chucks "super standup" won't mean shizznit!
Well if he does take him down, Chuck'll still end up on top

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
i wouldnt say that chuck is the best striker in the world. his stance is unorthadox and his hands are often dropped low. but he is still a great stricker and has knocked out a ton of fighters.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
esv said:
i wouldnt say that chuck is the best striker in the world. his stance is unorthadox and his hands are often dropped low. but he is still a great stricker and has knocked out a ton of fighters.

12 TKO's, I wouldn't call that a ton.
Not too bad, but not a ton.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
asskicker said:
He's not the best striker in the world. But you can definatly say he's one of them. I would say Cro Cop is but you can still at least make an arguement for Chuck.

I wouldn't even put him top 5.

·
Registered
176 Posts
haha here we go with another Tito vs Chuck thread. Its going to be the same with the Tito fans goin against the Chuck fans but oh well. The last fight Tito got dominated but of course the excuses start.... the main excuse being the eye poke. First it is a fight and well shit happens sometimes. If Tito would of poked Chuck in the eye by mistake then I'm sure he would of used that to his advantage. I still dont' see how the outcome would of been any different. If you remember Tito stated that he was going to try to stand with Chuck. So regardless of an eye poke he would of still lost trying to stand with Chuck. The reason Tito fans are stating he is going to beat Chuck in December is by taking Chuck down, endurance and GnP which is pretty much the only way he can win. When that is a fighters strategy you know that is easier said than done when it's against a fighter like Liddell. Chuck has excellent take down defense as we've seen him utilize against many wrestlers. Even when he is taken down he's like a frickin cork in water and pops back up. Keep in mind if Tito keeps attempting a takedown he needs to watch out for a knee or kick which he better not overlook cause he will get caught. I'll give yall that Tito has more endurance I'm sure but it's not like Chuck has 0 endurance. The guy trains 3 times a day. We just dont ever get to see his endurance cause he knocks his opponents out early on. I dont say that Tito beating Chuck is impossible, hell anything is possible in MMA, it only takes 1 small slip up. Going off stats and both fighters history of wins which one looks more impressive... Liddell of course, that is why Tito is the underdog going into this rematch fight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.