Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Whot takes it?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Please conduct ALL of your discussion in regards to Matt Hughes facing Renzo Gracie in this thread. All threads made in regards to this fight will be merged into this one.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
Lolz @ Avatar. I'd say he looks more like a cabbage patch kid...lolz.

This is gonna be a fun fight I think. Renzo is a scrappy fighter and I hope he gets the take down.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I love Renzo and I'll always cheer for him but Hughes has been in there with so many solid Jiu-Jitsu fighters and come out on top.

Hughes is just so good at controlling fighters and neutralising their strengths, I just don't think Renzo will be able to mount ay sort of offense, add the fact that both are completely useless strikers and this could make for an extremely boring matchup. I hope not though.

Gotta go with my head though and say Hughes get's a boring decsion.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Matt ain't ending shit unless its by 'devastating dry hump'. Hughes wins by boring top control, if at all.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Watching the pre fight interviews on UFC.com kind of got me excited for this fight at least it seems like Renzo is gonna bring it,it just depends on Hughes and if Renzo can stop his Lay N Pray come on Renzo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, sadly I know that Captain Conservative will probobly lay ontop of Renzo the whole time...That's why I didn't buy UFC 98, and that's why I'm not buying 112.
Well that's a horrible way to look at it, I mean.. seriously - get a few buddies together, go down to a bar or do something because the card is worth seeing and you never know what is going to happen on fight night.

Either way, I see Hughes taking it.. most certainly.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The only chance Renzo has is by pulling off a submission from his guard. And how likely is that against a guy like Matt Hughes, one of the best at controlling somebody from top position? Not very.

Matt Hughes by tedious unanimous decision. I'll be cheering for Renzo though.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
i could definantly see renzo taking this one only because i dont think hughes will not bring it the way he used to...

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
Think this is the most respectful any fighter has been with Hughes and vice versa...lolz! This fight is for Hughes to win all the way.

BUT...for some reason I think Renzo can do it.

Hughes beat Almeida (2000 Abu Dhabi), Serra (student), and Royce(cousin.)

Renzo beat Hugh's coach (Miletech.)

- Carlos Newton
- Pat Miletech
- Frank Shamrock

All past champions of course at the tail end of their careers, but that can't be a fluke can it. Hahah...if the stars aligned Renzo might be able to pull it off.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Just because I want to say something different I say Matt hughes by flying scissor heel hook!

Though in all honesty I see Matt winning by decision or TKO GnP in the third/second.

·
Banned
670 Posts
TViddy, Because the crowds loved GSP vs HArdy:thumb02: Really though Hughes works from the top and can see him hamburgering Renzo's face. Renzo will be fighting for the family pride so It might be a interesting fight for those who like wrestling vs BJJ at the top level, myself included.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
I gotta say hughes, but **** that "legend of the sport" :D, war renzo!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts