Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I think the same, will be a field day for SF getting hold of Daley and Kimbo, Daley could be huge for them from an english perspective, I seriously like the guys chances of berating Diaz down for the WW title, then you have your first English Champ fighting in the states in MMA, could prove huge for SF from an English fans perspective.

And kimbo will still have a fan base for some nice showcase fight from SF point of view.

tbh watching a kimbo fight or Daley vs Diaz could hold a lot more entertainment value than watching GSP vs Shields, and I will honestly say, I understand the ground game so the problem does not lay there, and I still find Shields one hell of a boring fighter to watch and the last few GSP fights have not been to exciting ether.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I think the same, will be a field day for SF getting hold of Daley and Kimbo, Daley could be huge for them from an english perspective, I seriously like the guys chances of berating Diaz down for the WW title, then you have your first English Champ fighting in the states in MMA, could prove huge for SF from an English fans perspective.

And kimbo will still have a fan base for some nice showcase fight from SF point of view.

tbh watching a kimbo fight or Daley vs Diaz could hold a lot more entertainment value than watching GSP vs Shields, and I will honestly say, I understand the ground game so the problem does not lay there, and I still find Shields one hell of a boring fighter to watch and the last few GSP fights have not been to exciting ether.
I'm a brit, but from an outsiders perspective, DALEY'S style as his nickname and post fight action suggests,lol is explosive, he could be a top fighter for strikeforce and a bout between him and DIAZ, could be a major coup for Strikeforce.
I'm a "BRIT", but regardless, he's an exciting fighter to watch and Strikeforce could do well from him if they sort out his discipline.
As for the Diaz fight, they are gonna have to bring these two to the cage in cages,lol
p.s It would be cool to see KIMBO get another shot at fighting, I never respected him at all prior to "The House", but the guy's a tryer, and deserves a shot he's earned my respect at least.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...After getting dominated and finished by Mitrione, I think Kimbo's days are numbered. Matt on the other hand was impressive. What a dramatic improvement. He mixed it up very well and his legkicks had a vicious snap on them. You could see the pain on Kimbo's face. Kimbo came in ripped and I thought Matt was gonna be toast. Kimbo got a couple of good slams but that was it. Matt owned him badly. With all of Kimbo's fame & more experience, getting mushed like that showed Kimbo's clock is running out...and fast...

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Kimbo/Lashley could draw huge numbers but it depends on how smart Kimbo and his management are. Right now Kimbo has enough notoriety to make a good living off it the rest of his life but continuing to lose will only damage that and at some point his credibility and marketability will be gone.

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Kimbo/Lashley could draw huge numbers but it depends on how smart Kimbo and his management are. Right now Kimbo has enough notoriety to make a good living off it the rest of his life but continuing to lose will only damage that and at some point his credibility and marketability will be gone.
You honestly think Lashley a wrestler vs Kimbo who gassed 15 seconds into the first round would be a good fight? Its a big risk for SF to even sign Kimbo.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I have no idea what it takes for Kimbo to lose marketability. The guy's last 4 fights have been on TV/PPV and he has lost 3 of them horribly and eked out one decision win against a weak fighter in a weight class below him. If he still has credibility/marketability now then pretty much nothing can ever take it away from him.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
i think it's clear strikeforce wont tern down Signing Kimbo or Paul Daley, but will they put kimbo back on CBS?
Probably! Strikeforce needs to improve their numbers (especially after the last show) and Kimbo those have a following!

With that said, I am actually hoping CBS will sign Mark Coleman and put him up against Kimbo (if he goes back to Strikeforce)! I don't know why but for some reason I want to see Coleman vs. Slice!

·
Registered
7 Posts
but continuing to lose will only damage that and at some point his credibility and marketability will be gone.
I think UFC is not Kimbo's business. He has to quit UFC (and another profesional MMA event), because this sport must continue with some serious fighters. In another hand, Dana White must sell PPV and guarantee his investments; even Kimbo loses, I am sure his marketability will NOT be gone. He is an internet star !

The next that must be banned is Mitrione (hahahaha), he has NO technique XD

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
SF should definitely sign him and set him against cans for the next 3 fights. It's clear he's nothing special but will be a draw for a long time.

I say this assuming they don't get stupid and overpay for Kimbo. I also say this assuming Kimbo's knees can even withstand more fights.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
SF should definitely sign him and set him against cans for the next 3 fights. It's clear he's nothing special but will be a draw for a long time.

I say this assuming they don't get stupid and overpay for Kimbo. I also say this assuming Kimbo's knees can even withstand more fights.
This is gonna sound pretty dickish, but Kimbo is probably even gonna stuggle with cans. Its gonna be very hard for any organization to feed Kimbo wins, given how incredibly limited he is talent wise. The dude cant take leg kicks and has a non-existent gas tank. If Strikeforce signs him (I dont think the will), they are gonna have to search pretty damn hard to find anyone with a winning record that is a sure fire win for Kimbo. He just got dominated by a guy with with one pro fight (two after he beat kimbo).

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is gonna sound pretty dickish, but Kimbo is probably even gonna stuggle with cans. Its gonna be very hard for any organization to feed Kimbo wins, given how incredibly limited he is talent wise. The dude cant take leg kicks and has a non-existent gas tank. If Strikeforce signs him (I dont think the will), they are gonna have to search pretty damn hard to find anyone with a winning record that is a sure fire win for Kimbo. He just got dominated by a guy with with one pro fight (two after he beat kimbo).
I agree... It was hard for Dana White to find a such rookie fighter like Mitrione and Kimbo lost for him ! I can not believe SF will sign with Kimbo Slice; Its too expensive to maintain a non-kick, non-gas, non-technical fighter (even I am a Kimbo's fan)

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
I think they will sign him. Strikeforce is all about bad decisions right now. He'll probably fight Hershel Walker. Kimbo simply needs to go away. Gary Shaw thinks he can turn him into a boxer. Maybe he can fight 4 rounders against bums on big PPVs. But his mma career needs to end. Give him a VH1 reality show like "Kimbo's fight for love", anything to keep him out of the cage.

And yes I do think I need to trademark "Kimbo's fight for love", because VH1 will put anything on TV.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
You honestly think Lashley a wrestler vs Kimbo who gassed 15 seconds into the first round would be a good fight? Its a big risk for SF to even sign Kimbo.
Who said good fight? I said good draw. It will bring the fans in but if you put on a good card your expand your marketbase. Odds are Lashley would dominate Kimbo and the fans would really think he was the next Lesnar.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
Who said good fight? I said good draw. It will bring the fans in but if you put on a good card your expand your marketbase. Odds are Lashley would dominate Kimbo and the fans would really think he was the next Lesnar.
I think your right, because for some reason Kimbo fans still think he's hella tough. He hasn't shown it in the cage, but if Lashley beats him. A lot of the Kimbo fans will think Lashley deserves a title shot. It is an easy way to get him one, while protecting him. I also think people will watch a Kimbo vs Walker fight. It's like a car crash, curiosity will get the best of most people.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I highly suspect he'll squeak in a few more fights while he still has name recognition and can draw the lowest common denominator fan.

Think of it from a business perspective. He has a very small window to generate as much income to secure his future.

I shudder at the inevitable clash of Kimbo vs Herschel. But sadly, that bout would probably garner better ratings than the SF show that had 3 championship bouts on it...

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts

Is there really anyone out there that Strikeforce can put on TV but will not beat Kimbo up?

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Offer Kimbo a good paycheck and make him a sacrificial lamb under a 1 fight contract to a guy like Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva or Brett Rogers...

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Is there really anyone out there that Strikeforce can put on TV but will not beat Kimbo up?
There are plenty of cans they could find, just because someone isn't on the SF roster right now doesn't mean they couldn't be.

Give him a couple of LHW cans and if he miraculously beats them, give him a named fighter for the final fight.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.