Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that Josh Koscheck and Chris Leben have been fighting in the UFC since early 2005 and I was wondering why neither of them has ever got a fight at a ppv? They have posted UFC records of 6-1(Leben) and 5-1(Koscheck) and Dana white has only gave them fights at ultimate fight night. I was just wondering if anyone else thought this was kinda stupid.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maybe Dana White is saving them up for a title fight. Seems like he places worse fighters and newcomers in PPV matches to go with the main attractions. I guess it makes sense since it balances out the event.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
I'll say this about Koscheck, in about 2-3 years, he'll be either WW champion or challenging for the championship on PPV.

Leben is an UFN lifer. His sloppy striking style matches up well for free TV. I even see Swick vs Leben 2 to be an UFN main event, instead of an actual PPV fight.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
kamikaze145 said:
Are you kidding me? how about you check your facts before you say somethin like that. Kos was not on 63, he may have been at 63 but not as a fighter.
Chris Leben Fight History:
Chris Leben UFC Fight History:
Result Opponent Method Event Date Round Time
Win Jorge Santiago Knock Out UFC® Fight Night™ 6 08/17/2006 2 0:35
Loss Anderson Silva Knock Out UFC® Fight Night™ 5 06/28/2006 1 0:49
Win Luigi Fioravanti Unanimous Decision UFC® Fight Night™ 4 04/06/2006 3 0:00
Win Jorge Rivera Technical Knock Out UFC® Fight Night™ 3 01/16/2006 1 1:44
Win Edwin Dewees Submission UFC® Fight Night™ 2 10/03/2005 1 3:26
Win Patrick Cote Split Decision UFC® Fight Night™ 1 08/06/2005 3 5:00
Win Jason Thacker Technical Knock Out Ultimate Fighter I Finale 04/09/2005 1 1:00

Josh Koscheck Fight History:
Josh Koscheck UFC Fight History:
Result Opponent Method Event Date Round Time
Win Jonathan Goulet Submission UFC® Fight Night™ 6 08/17/2006 1 4:10
Win Dave Menne Unanimous Decision UFC® Fight Night™ 5 06/28/2006 3 0:00
Win Ansar Chalangov Submission UFC® Fight Night™ 4 04/06/2006 1 3:29
Loss Drew Fickett Submission UFC® Fight Night™ 2 10/03/2005 3 4:38
Win Pete Spratt Submission UFC® Fight Night™ 1 08/06/2005 1 1:53
Win Chris Sanford Knock Out Ultimate Fighter I Finale 04/09/2005 1 4:00

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
they both will fight at a ppv eventually, and i agree with damone that KOS will be champ one day, Leben will never wear the belt but he'll give us some good fights over the years

·
Registered
176 Posts
I guess it would make for good buys for a Leben vs koscheck 2 for all those TUF fans but I do not want to see a ppv built up around them. And personally I do not think much of Koscheck... I think he's pretty damn boring and mainly just a good wrestler.

·
Registered
41 Posts
BigBanda said:
And personally I do not think much of Koscheck... I think he's pretty damn boring and mainly just a good wrestler.

I also always thought that about him, but latly he has seemed to change for the better :)

Give it a couple more fights and I think he will become a good and very exciting fighter.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
putmeonhold said:
uhhh are you on crack? Both of them have been on multiple PPV's, most notably Koscheck on ufc 63
Oh man I must be on crack, cause I swear they have only fought in Ultimate Fight Nights and at Ultimate Fighter Finallys.......IDIOT. Dont make a post before you realize that you know nothing about what your saying.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
BigBanda said:
I guess it would make for good buys for a Leben vs koscheck 2 for all those TUF fans but I do not want to see a ppv built up around them. And personally I do not think much of Koscheck... I think he's pretty damn boring and mainly just a good wrestler.
Koscheck used to be a one dimensional wrestler, but he's developed striking & good GnP. The guy will be deadly in about a year.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
steveo412 said:
I would like to see Koscheck fight Diego again sometime next year. I think this would be a damn close fight.
yeah id like to see that fight..in like 6 months..i think kos will get better..i personally dont like him..and i would love to fight him..but i respect that he is trying to be more than a lay and pray wrestler

1 - 20 of 25 Posts