Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Nick's post fight interview he mentioned the next fighter he wants to face is Matt Hughes! He believes with a really good guard he could actually neutrilze Hughes ground and pound! Will this match ever happen and if it does, will Nick Diaz stand a chance against Matt Hughes?

·
Registered
49 Posts
While I think Diaz will one day get a title shot, what puzzles me is this:

Diaz was one of the first fighters given an offer to be on TUF 4. He knew he got a title shot if he won the tourney, but refused the offer. Strange.

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Not strange at all in my opinion, Nick Diaz is his own biggest fan and would not accept beeing seen as a guy who needs a boost in his career. He is to cocky still

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would like to see the fight but Dana White wouldn't let this happen, its like boxing....Not a pay-per veiw material match.

Not happening. Hughes will probably fight BJ and GSP three or four more times in a row.

·
Registered
82 Posts
that would be a total mismatch, at least in this point in Nicks career

he could'nt beat karo or diego, he would'nt be able to beat BJ or GSP so hughes is definately out of the question

·
Registered
794 Posts
Nick is a cocky bugger but he is also one hell of a fighter. I think he might have a chance a year down the track given the right fights and outcomes but right now he aint quite top line material like hughes, gsp and bj. He is second tier right now and will have to prove himself again like he did against robbie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
haha thats the biggest joke i've ever heard...................Matt hughes losing to Blow Job...........i mean b.j...........yea matt lost to him a long time ago, but obviously Matt Hughes game has changed and he's at the TOp of his game..........the only reason y bj is even fighting is bc george got hurt........Matts not losing.........expect to see bj get slammed and then ground and pounded ...............look cut the check Hughes is playing chess and bj is playing checkers.........not even on the same level............And winner and still UFC Welterweight Champion of the World ........................Matt Hughes!!!

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
lostwaverider04 said:
haha thats the biggest joke i've ever heard...................Matt hughes losing to Blow Job...........i mean b.j...........yea matt lost to him a long time ago, but obviously Matt Hughes game has changed and he's at the TOp of his game..........the only reason y bj is even fighting is bc george got hurt........Matts not losing.........expect to see bj get slammed and then ground and pounded ...............look cut the check Hughes is playing chess and bj is playing checkers.........not even on the same level............And winner and still UFC Welterweight Champion of the World ........................Matt Hughes!!!
its not funny, bj is gonna beat him again...and as to nick diaz beating matt, that isnt happening..matt is a bad match up for diaz..hed take matt down and win a decision..matt wouldnt stand with diaz

·
Registered
184 Posts
IMO Nick still has alot of work to do. GSP, BJ Penn are the two top contenders for the belt. ALthough BJ left he is a great sub for GSP. I want to see Matt and GSP before Nick and Matt. Nick would loose to both Penn and GSP, anyway.

He may get a title shot ....but it will be later, much later.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think Diaz should get a fight with Hughes soon. I don't really like Diaz as a guy either, but he's a heck of a fighter alright. A few more wins and he deserves it IMO. I think Matt would win but if you don't like Diaz then what could be better than seeing his ass get beat? After all Diaz went 3 rounds to lose a decision to sherk and Sherk went 5 rounds with Hughes! Diaz is a tough dude.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
:laugh:
lostwaverider04 said:
Yea, you know EXACTLY what you're talking about :thumbsdown: . See guys, this is why I made that thread because of people like this^. Matt gets way more credit than BJ for whatever reason...cuz he's a poster boy!

Hey guy do me a favor and look who BJ has beaten in his career and how and then look at Matt's wins and how he won them and then talk your shit.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Hughes is Juggernaut

Nick needs to get stronger to even try to be on hughes level...props to Nick though i think hes got Talent

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
lostwaverider04 said:
......look cut the check Hughes is playing chess and bj is playing checkers.........not even on the same level.
wow man you're so cool cuz you used one of Eminem's line......I'm impressed....haha newwwwb

·
Registered
1 Posts
liveson777 said:
Nick needs to get stronger to even try to be on hughes level...props to Nick though i think hes got Talent
yeah like he showed it against Diego Garcia,who is the most overrated fighter in the UFC. Nick Diaz is talking out his ass when he says he's ready for Matt Hughes!:laugh:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Think about how young this guy is, and he's already AWESOME. He's got plenty of time to travel around and get more experience before he fights Hughes. I think if he keeps performing like he did against Josh Neer and racking up some more victories, he could be in line for a title shot in a year or two.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
i like em

seems like his cocky attitude had calmed down last fight...made me like him more cause he seem more bout his biz...i would personally like to see him do well

1 - 20 of 37 Posts