Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the most part, the UFC is made up of American fighters, with a sprinking of Canadians and a few random other countries for garnish. but with Silva totally raping Franklin, will this open Dana's eyes to bringing in other talent from a wider range of countries? i could see why Dana might want to keep the UFC talent "local", but in the interest of good fights and the enjoyment of the fans, will this make Dana look outside the US for fighters? will we see more Brazillians?

also, after PRIDE: REAL DEAL, when the US audience gets a glimps of fighters from an even wider range of countries, will Dana start calling up fighters from Russia and Japan?

i guess... When is Dana going to see that in the interest of great figthts, he will have to look all over the world for fighters, not just in the tiny, local MMA orgs of the US?:dunno:

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
pt447 said:
for the most part, the UFC is made up of American fighters, with a sprinking of Canadians and a few random other countries for garnish. but with Silva totally raping Franklin, will this open Dana's eyes to bringing in other talent from a wider range of countries? i could see why Dana might want to keep the UFC talent "local", but in the interest of good fights and the enjoyment of the fans, will this make Dana look outside the US for fighters? will we see more Brazillians?

also, after PRIDE: REAL DEAL, when the US audience gets a glimps of fighters from an even wider range of countries, will Dana start calling up fighters from Russia and Japan?

i guess... When is Dana going to see that in the interest of great figthts, he will have to look all over the world for fighters, not just in the tiny, local MMA orgs of the US?:dunno:
the funny thing is this was probably the best pre-view for pride possible. when the tuf fans start doing some research on anderson it will open the doors and shed light on there little mma existence.. and they will see that there is more to mma than ufc

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
I LOVE Pride fighters, I just don't enjoy the pride show.

Does that make sense?
So I would love to see more talent from there or anywhere else come over to the UFC.

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
j.farrell said:
the funny thing is this was probably the best pre-view for pride possible. when the tuf fans start doing some research on anderson it will open the doors and shed light on there little mma existence.. and they will see that there is more to mma than ufc
very true! Yay:D

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AtomDanger said:
I LOVE Pride fighters, I just don't enjoy the pride show.

Does that make sense?
So I would love to see more talent from there or anywhere else come over to the UFC.
somewhat... i get you though. you enjoy PRIDE's talent, but not the fact that it's show is specifically caterd to the Japanese fans!

but keep in mind, this REAL DEAL show implies that PRIDE is jumping out of Japan and trying to truley "bring" it's product to other coutnries (i.e. America). so you can assume, that there is a chance that the PRIDE show will "look/feel" different since it is in the US. maybe... it's conceivable, right?

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
pt447 said:
somewhat... i get you though. you enjoy PRIDE's talent, but not the fact that it's show is specifically caterd to the Japanese fans!

but keep in mind, this REAL DEAL show implies that PRIDE is jumping out of Japan and trying to truley "bring" it's product to other coutnries (i.e. America). so you can assume, that there is a chance that the PRIDE show will "look/feel" different since it is in the US. maybe... it's conceivable, right?

Oh yeah, I can't wait!
I still watch Pride, its just really for Japanese fans, it makes sense, being in Japan most of the time, so I cant complain too much.
But I would like to see a bit of a change when they are over here for us American fans.

I heard they were having trouble getting some fighters VISA's?

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
AtomDanger said:
Oh yeah, I can't wait!
I still watch Pride, its just really for Japanese fans, it makes sense, being in Japan most of the time, so I cant complain too much.
But I would like to see a bit of a change when they are over here for us American fans.

I heard they were having trouble getting some fighters VISA's?
curious... what changes? you say you're not happy with the way the show is presented for japanese fans, well, what is it that you don't like? what do you think needs to be changed?

also, you said PRIDE is really for PRIDE fans, but that's not wholly true. mostly, the only people i've ever seen ***** about PRIDE's "feel/show/whatever" are from the US. so, is the UFC geared towards only American fans? are japanese MMA fans *****ing about how the UFC is presented? something to think about. i mean, the japanese prolly cringe whenever they hear a round of booing from the UFC audience. maybe they feel the UFC needs to root out their ignorant fans so as not to show so much disrespect to the fighters??? food for thought.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I love that some more non american/canadian fighters are coming this will mean more exciting matchups if some non american pride guys come to the ufc

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
pt447 said:
curious... what changes? you say you're not happy with the way the show is presented for japanese fans, well, what is it that you don't like? what do you think needs to be changed?

also, you said PRIDE is really for PRIDE fans, but that's not wholly true. mostly, the only people i've ever seen ***** about PRIDE's "feel/show/whatever" are from the US. so, is the UFC geared towards only American fans? are japanese MMA fans *****ing about how the UFC is presented? something to think about. i mean, the japanese prolly cringe whenever they hear a round of booing from the UFC audience. maybe they feel the UFC needs to root out their ignorant fans so as not to show so much disrespect to the fighters??? food for thought.

Oh I definatly think when UFC did Japan they didn't do as well as they should have. They didn't really change a thing.
I'm sure they think that American MMA is silly in some ways or stupid in certain ways.
...Other than the entrance ramp on Pride I can't really put my thumb on what i would change about it, the whole show just comes off kind of cheesy.
I'm not knocking thier talent, AT ALL...
I even like Pride rules a little better too

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AtomDanger said:
Oh I definatly think when UFC did Japan they didn't do as well as they should have. They didn't really change a thing.
I'm sure they think that American MMA is silly in some ways or stupid in certain ways.
...Other than the entrance ramp on Pride I can't really put my thumb on what i would change about it, the whole show just comes off kind of cheesy.
I'm not knocking thier talent, AT ALL...
I even like Pride rules a little better too
to me, that "cheeseyness" is really just a grand scale of entertainment. i mean, these fighters are truly respected, nobody ever ever ever gets booed. their enterences are so important because the japanese fans "want" to cheer for them!!! anyway... we'll see what happens, but i don't think the "production value" would stop anyone who truly loves MMA from watching PRIDE! i'd hope...

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
pt447 said:
to me, that "cheeseyness" is really just a grand scale of entertainment. i mean, these fighters are truly respected, nobody ever ever ever gets booed. their enterences are so important because the japanese fans "want" to cheer for them!!! anyway... we'll see what happens, but i don't think the "production value" would stop anyone who truly loves MMA from watching PRIDE! i'd hope...

You're right I hope not either!
Like i said i still watch Pride and order the PPV's, I love the sport.
I just have my opinion on thier show

1 - 14 of 14 Posts