Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
There are catholic saints who the catholic church claims teleported like how comic book characters do.

Some saints were claimed to have been publicly recognized on the same day in locations hundreds or thousands of miles apart. The catholic church explains this via "teleportation". Which I don't believe... I don't know what to say about this.

When I see fantastical things in the bible, I try to come up with "scientific explanations" for what they might mean, or how they might work.

There are obvious ones like Noah's Ark 7,000 years ago, being an era when the last ice age ended. It might be natural to expect flooding on a global scale in an era with large glaciers melting. There is evidence for this in the grand canyon forming around that time and other geographic developments.

People might think that they'll lose faith if they question religion. But for me questioning always had the opposite effect.

·
The Title Guy
17,412 Posts
True, in the bible it says to put the Lord to the test which no other religion does, only requiring unquestioned, blind obedience. I honestly never though about the ice age ending and global water levels rising because of a massive meltdown being the reason for the flood. Though my understanding is there was a sudden change in atmosphere.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts