Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering what you guys think. I was in the Far East last year and got to see Muay Thai Tournaments and a few MMA events in which women were contestants. They actually put on a good show. In the states, we are fickle about women sports and I don't how well women MMA fighters will fair. Calvin Ayre has a female on his Bodog team to face the Russians (Red Devil Team), and the show is pretty good.
 

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
Joined
·
2,458 Posts
shenku68 said:
I am just wondering what you guys think. I was in the Far East last year and got to see Muay Thai Tournaments and a few MMA events in which women were contestants. They actually put on a good show. In the states, we are fickle about women sports and I don't how well women MMA fighters will fair. Calvin Ayre has a female on his Bodog team to face the Russians (Red Devil Team), and the show is pretty good.

would be interesting... but i dunno could also be very boring
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
dont mean to sound old fashioned, but i think an octogon or any type of ring is no place for ladies, it's just too brutal, i know in other countries it's common, but have you seen those women, they look like skinny little dudes. as tough as some women might be i certainly wouldn't want my woman coming home with busted up lips, nose on the side of her face, cauliflower ears on a woman is nasty.
the ufc will never have women fighting it's just not sexy, but i could see them showcasing a stand up type of ladies fighting(kick/thai, boxing), it might give them a bigger audience but i hope not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
tapper said:
dont mean to sound old fashioned, but i think an octogon or any type of ring is no place for ladies, it's just too brutal, i know in other countries it's common, but have you seen those women, they look like skinny little dudes. as tough as some women might be i certainly wouldn't want my woman coming home with busted up lips, nose on the side of her face, cauliflower ears on a woman is nasty.
the ufc will never have women fighting it's just not sexy, but i could see them showcasing a stand up type of ladies fighting(kick/thai, boxing), it might give them a bigger audience but i hope not.
I agree.
 

·
Outta My Head
Joined
·
1,220 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Yeah this is something I'd hate to see, well unless it was like the Octagon girls in a mud wrestling ring haha. But seriously it would just be horrible. For instance... when I used to wrestle they started having more and more girls come in and wrestle and created seperate brackets for the girls to wrestle at the tournaments. They didnt execute moves right and stopped to whine about the dumbest things. Then the media gets ahold of it and puts a big picture of girls wrestling on the newspaper talking about it. That to me is Bull S**t! Instead of the men getting the attention like they've been trying to do for years with wrestling some girls that dont know what the hell they are doing get a newspaper story. They do have some women MMA organizations but I hope they just stay where they are and we wont have to worry about them coming to UFC or Pride. If they did I guess we'd just take a break when they are on to get another beer or something haha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
dudes, i'm sure most topics have been covered so there's no point in searching for a previous thread. when a subject becomes topical again we discuss it again, ala ken/tito, chuck/wand.
to avoid repeat threads get the mods to erase them before they get started, but dont blame a guy for answering a question.
by the way, what would your intro music be?.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
Will the UFC or Pride ever start a Women's division?

... Women?....ground & pound?...LMAO. I don't think so. If I had to pick a chick...Christy Martin would be at the top of my list... not only is she cute, she's the best female boxer out there. Christy has some serious KO power for a chick...:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
tapper said:
dudes, i'm sure most topics have been covered so there's no point in searching for a previous thread. when a subject becomes topical again we discuss it again, ala ken/tito, chuck/wand.
to avoid repeat threads get the mods to erase them before they get started, but dont blame a guy for answering a question.
by the way, what would your intro music be?.
yeah no shit..it seems like we rarely talk about anything new...and its funny when i post things that dont have to do with ken or tito or chuck or wand..its like not very interesting to most people on here..if the mmanewsforums ever come back up you guys should come check them out..always good convo going on..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
pt447 said:
the UFC won't do it.. prolly never! PRIDE, i doubt it right now... but... the MFC, partnered with bodog entertainment plan on bringing a women's division to the forefront! should be interesting.
i know you did alot of research on the show..so who exactly are they fighting from the red devil team?? i guess red devil has a female to fight as well..i dont think i get the channel that the show is on..im pissed i would have liked to have seen it..maybe they will put it on dvd at some point..i heard the fight between the women was good..there is a girl at my school that has some amazing elbows..she throws them lighting fast...i was shocked when i saw here fight..she is learning jiu jitsu now also..so if they do have a womens league i could see her doing well..i dont know how people would take it..its just not as enjoyable to watch a women beat the crap out of another woman
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top