Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know Ken is very good at submissions, and he can throw his hands pretty well, so in saying that.Will Ken ever put a scare in Tito during this fight whether its with a submission or strike? i think he might attempt a submission, but I dont see him coming very close
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
I believe, if Tito makes a mistake while maneuvering to a better position to throw elbows, Ken could very well catch an very quickly and heel hook him. Doesn't matter who you are, you can't just take a heel hook and feel your ligaments get ripped apart. You'll most likely tap, just like Tito wold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
with all the drama over the years and recently it's hard to make a prediction about whats gonna happen in their next fight, just wait and see, tommorow nights gonna be do or die for shammy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
evilhomer said:
with all the drama over the years and recently it's hard to make a prediction about whats gonna happen in their next fight, just wait and see, tommorow nights gonna be do or die for shammy
from all reports i've read shamrock plans on retiring after this fight regardless of the outcome. it's about time, imo.:thumbsdown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Yeah I just hope it goes longer so we get a better fight and Shamrock doesnt go out with another embarresment. Maybe we could see some class this time and have Tito and Shammy show some respect at the end of the fight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,374 Posts
If i was Shamrock i would draw Ortiz into a standup war, Shamrock has plenty of time to publicly declare "Ortiz wont dare stand with me etc", i honestly believe if Shamrock can get undermine Ortizs game with plenty of smack talk regards the willling to trade punches banner. If and its a big If Shamrock could win the fight on these grounds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
i think if tito underestimates or simply does not take this fight serious then yes he will be in danger, because shammy will take it serious.

However if tito fight shammy they same way he would liddell, then no probably not.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
209 Posts
I would say the only chance that he has is a lucky punch or maybe a knee bar or heel hook....but both are very slim chances...I would say that Tito is going to unload and own him again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
shammy is getting taken down while he looks to throw the ko punch..and then he will recieve an unnecessary amount of elbows due to the fact that way to many people thought that fight got stopped early and who ever ref's this time is going to let ken really take a beating...but and this is a big but, we have seen tito get caught coming in..and i think that if cote can catch tito and drop him to one knee shammy still might have a punch or two left in him..so yes imo sham could put tito in danger, it may only be for a split second..but its possible..ken needs to take his time circle and pick his shots..i dont think he can stop the take down..but he may as well land a few good shots..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
209 Posts
to shammy's credit, he did knee Kimo in the chin/face and dropped him...I have seen tito go in for a take down the same way as kimo did...head down....but that was early in his career, so I dont see that happening again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Grotty said:
If i was Shamrock i would draw Ortiz into a standup war, Shamrock has plenty of time to publicly declare "Ortiz wont dare stand with me etc", i honestly believe if Shamrock can get undermine Ortizs game with plenty of smack talk regards the willling to trade punches banner. If and its a big If Shamrock could win the fight on these grounds.
how can he??? tito knows how to beat him..so he wont deviate..and ken cant get in titos head like chuck and convince him to forget his game plan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Its been hard to watch Ken get his ass kicked over and over again. I wish he would have done like Randy and retired while on top and with dignity. Maybe it was cash flow? Its hard to keep the good memories over the years when this mouthy old man keeps gettin smacked.

Im quite sure Tito will tee off on him at will and it wont last too long. However, I dont like Tito and nothing would make me happier than Ken beating him then retiring. That would be good. It would make up for alot of his ass whuppins.

Pipe dream....

I just keep thinkin of December when Titos gonna get his ass kicked real good again. I hope Chuck puts more purple pop knots on his fat head than he did Jeremy Horn. And that was a bunch!!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
yand said:
Its been hard to watch Ken get his ass kicked over and over again. I wish he would have done like Randy and retired while on top and with dignity. Maybe it was cash flow? Its hard to keep the good memories over the years when this mouthy old man keeps gettin smacked.

Im quite sure Tito will tee off on him at will and it wont last too long. However, I dont like Tito and nothing would make me happier than Ken beating him then retiring. That would be good. It would make up for alot of his ass whuppins.

Pipe dream....

I just keep thinkin of December when Titos gonna get his ass kicked real good again. I hope Chuck puts more purple pop knots on his fat head than he did Jeremy Horn. And that was a bunch!!! :)
if tito was calling you out, calling you ***** in front of millions of fans would you retire? Or would you want to fight him?

Shammy is retiring after this.

Look its simple fight number = torn acl, fight number 2 = early stoppage

no matter what happesn in this fight as long as its not stopped ealry if shammy gets beat he will retire and give tito respect i promise you that.

ken is a man it did what any man would do, defend his honor, you dont have to win to defend your honor, fighting itself gives yout hat honor, and thats what he is doing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Didnt say anything bad about Ken. Just facts. Believe me, it hurts me. I watched and loved to watch him for years. It hurts to see him get dominated.

I hope he thumps the shit outta Tito.... And yeah, it does take balls to call him out again. Just hate to see him get beat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
yand said:
Didnt say anything bad about Ken. Just facts. Believe me, it hurts me. I watched and loved to watch him for years. It hurts to see him get dominated.

I hope he thumps the shit outta Tito.... And yeah, it does take balls to call him out again. Just hate to see him get beat.
LOL sorry i dont think it was you i ment to quote, but u get my point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
I was wondering what was up with that.... I dont say I dont try and get a rise once in a while, but that wasnt it. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Well if Tito turns his brain off and goes toe to toe with Ken he might get knocked out! But not likly:laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
I see Tito wining this fight but I would love to watch ken knock Tito out and then retire so Tito has to live with that for the rest of his career. but it won't really matter b/c We get to watch chuck put tito in his lace anyways so its only a matter of time really.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
well we all know that tito is smart..and hwat he did was take a fight with forrest..and then ate up the rest of his three fight contract fighting ken..he took the easy way out...tito is a good business man..he knows he is the bad guy but he sells tickets that way..and now he can demand money again to fight chuck because he is the only remotely qualified contender..thats what all this is really about to tito getting paid...that was how it all started..he started a beef with the lions den to get attention..and he got it and he is still getting it..it was the best career move he could have made..hes the guy you love to hate..
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top