Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it would be interesting to hear peoples views regarding the upcoming card.

Since UFC 100 i have ordered every card except for 105 (shit card in my opinion). However, im undecided on the upcoming card.

I mean Pat Barry vs Cro Cop as a co-main event is garbage.

Not to mention Condit vs Rory Macdonald made the main card.

Although considering that the last couple of cards have been great and stacked, it is about time that an average card arrives.

Will u order ufc 115?

·
Registered
154 Posts
i never order ufc ppv's. i always go out and find a bar/restaurant that is playing them. however, i don't even plan on going to watch this one for free.

i'm not saying i think the fight will be boring or anything. and i would definitely watch it if it was coming on spike, but i just don't see myself going out to watch this one.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Will be watching it but not ordering it. It looks like it will have some good fights but none of them really have a huge effect on their divisions.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will be watching it but not ordering it. It looks like it will have some good fights but none of them really have a huge effect on their divisions.
That is an understatement

None of the fights have any effect on any division

·
Registered
81 Posts
no but will be watching , friend has tickets to..

Rory Macdonald made the main card because hes from British Columbia and 11-0

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
I don't understand why people won't watch good fights just because they are good fights that "don't affect the division".

Crocop vs Barry is gonna be an interesting stand-up fight, as will Chuck v Franklin.

Paulo Tiago has been on a tear, and is facing a tough Martin Kampmann who has been granted FOTN in a few of his fights. I have never seen either guy in a boring fight.

Evan Dunnam who's coming off an Armbar submission of Efrain, facing Tyson Griffin who had a very close fight with the current champ and always delivers in his fights.

Reactions: King JLB

·
Registered
81 Posts
also.. some of the cards with the best fighters on it have been the most boring fights , other than 100 which i believe has been the best overall lately , although the WEC fights with Aldo as the headliner were unreal and i would buy WEC ppv agian in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I won't. Mainly because 114, 115 and 116 are all within 6 weeks of each other and I don't really feel like paying $60 a pop for all of them.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Will watch it and I am actually looking forward to it, however as Finland doesn't have an option to buy the PPV + it airs like 5am like usually I wont be buying this one either.
Just curious, is it priced the same way for example Rashad vs. Rampage was? I got no idea about the ppv prices so I'm curious if "weaker" cards are cheaper than more stacked ones. :)

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Will watch it and I am actually looking forward to it, however as Finland doesn't have an option to buy the PPV + it airs like 5am like usually I wont be buying this one either.
Just curious, is it priced the same way for example Rashad vs. Rampage was? I got no idea about the ppv prices so I'm curious if "weaker" cards are cheaper than more stacked ones. :)
All PPV events cost the same. This card costs the same as say UFC 100.

There are definitely some good fights but it is hard to justify spending the money.

·
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy
2,060 Posts
Man people get so up in arms because not every card can have Lesnar on it. Where do you people think stars come from? Everyone starts some where.

CroCop vs Barry has potential to be a kickboxing clinic. Liddell vs Franklinw ill either mark the return of The Iceman or be reignition of the flame for Franklin. for god's sake we get to see two of the greatest champions in UFC history go to war.

Thiago is a goofy lookin dude but he comes to fight every time and allways makes things interesting. Hopefully he shut's out the allways over rated Kampmann once and for all.

Rothwell Yvel will be nothing less than fireworks as both dudes just want to bang. On top of that we are privledged enough to get to see Condit try and rise back up into the upper echelon.

The undercard may not look the best either but come on guys it's ALWAYS these cards that appear not so great that end up being some of the most exciting cards filled with up-sets and comebacks.

MMA is MMA and the UFC allways brings a good show. unless your a fairweather fan as most people seem to be these days, you will be ordering the ppv or atleast watching with a friend or at a bar and you will enjoy it.

Love the sport for what it is guys. Every fight is unique and it's impossible to predict a good fight based on two dude's names alone. THATS WHY WE HAVE TE FIGHTS AFTER ALL RIGHT!?

I for one am stoked for this card. REAL MMA FANS UNITE!

(Also if youn can't afford to scrape the money together for a card your personally not 100% into that's fine obviously and makes you no less of a fan. We all have those times. Just watch on the interwebz the next day)

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
I'll be watching it, but I won't be paying. First of all, I don't have the option to do it (on the tv anyways, but I don't want to buy a PPV and watch it on my pc), and I rarely have the mood for watching a UFC event at 5pm.
Anyways, I think it is a very good card, even though it's not big name stacked, and we've seen in the past that a weaker card a lot of times is just fireworks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
it's ALWAYS these cards that appear not so great that end up being some of the most exciting cards filled with up-sets and comebacks.
Exactly this, you have almost nowhere to go but down with these super-hyped fights lately. With this one, your expectations are much more realistic and you're bound to be pleasantly surprised with the extra effort the up-and-comers put in to make a name for themselves. These are the guys that finish fights.

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one hyped about this card. Alot of the fights have great potential - Cro Cop v Barry is going to be awesome.

I've never understood this "no big names on the card" or "no relevance to titles" gripe, I just love seeing two guys fight like warriors, always watch the undercard fights, which is one of my biggest gripes with MMA fans, when the stadium is almost empty for the first few fights.

·
It Lurks...
676 Posts
I'll be watching this event for sure. Cro-cop vs Barry is gonna be epic for me. This will be one of the few times I root against Mirko.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Man people get so up in arms because not every card can have Lesnar on it. Where do you people think stars come from? Everyone starts some where.

CroCop vs Barry has potential to be a kickboxing clinic. Liddell vs Franklinw ill either mark the return of The Iceman or be reignition of the flame for Franklin. for god's sake we get to see two of the greatest champions in UFC history go to war.

Thiago is a goofy lookin dude but he comes to fight every time and allways makes things interesting. Hopefully he shut's out the allways over rated Kampmann once and for all.

Rothwell Yvel will be nothing less than fireworks as both dudes just want to bang. On top of that we are privledged enough to get to see Condit try and rise back up into the upper echelon.

The undercard may not look the best either but come on guys it's ALWAYS these cards that appear not so great that end up being some of the most exciting cards filled with up-sets and comebacks.

MMA is MMA and the UFC allways brings a good show. unless your a fairweather fan as most people seem to be these days, you will be ordering the ppv or atleast watching with a friend or at a bar and you will enjoy it.

Love the sport for what it is guys. Every fight is unique and it's impossible to predict a good fight based on two dude's names alone. THATS WHY WE HAVE TE FIGHTS AFTER ALL RIGHT!?

I for one am stoked for this card. REAL MMA FANS UNITE!

(Also if youn can't afford to scrape the money together for a card your personally not 100% into that's fine obviously and makes you no less of a fan. We all have those times. Just watch on the interwebz the next day)
I'm with you mate, the cards that normally have the most hype or big names, don't always live up to the expectations, give me a Barry-crocop over a lesnar main event most days, the Rothwell Yvel is going to be nothing less than war,lol.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I'm going to go ahead and say that people who use the "I'm not watching this because it has no impact on their rankings" are not real mma fans. Not every fight has to be for the title and not every fight has to be for contendership. Silva vs Leites was for the title and look how pathetic that will be. But neither Chuck nor Rich have ever been in a boring fight (well maybe the Okami fight) and these two guarantee fireworks. Almost every single fight looks like a great match up. I'm 100% stoked for this card.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.