Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At UFC 115, it will be a fight between two legends - Rich Franklin and Chuck Liddell. They are both past their primes and have shown little punch resistance.

But does the winner of the fight remain relevant?
I can't see Rich or Chuck beating with Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Evans, Rogerio, Jones or even Bader.

Or is it not about titles anymore? Just interesting fights against other veterans like Couture and Ortiz.

This came to me because the fight has little title implications and the fighters are only headlining because of their name and not because of their recent displays.

If they want to remain relevant, they should be fighting genuine contenders. This fight basically benefits no-one except the two fighters. I'd rather have seen Chuck vs Bones and Franklin vs Bader. They would be good tests for the prospects and could be used to enhance their reputation.

For the record, I think Franklin will win a decision but I'm not a fan of this fight. I, at least, hope one of them looks spectacular so they can fight title contenders after.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
You know I remember a time when this fight would have been as big as Shogun Vs. Anderson Silva. I remember when I first heard about the announcement, the first thought I had was.. "Cool, we're going to party likes it's 2006"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.