Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MiddleEasy has some sad news for those still salivating for an Anderson Silva vs. Georges St. Pierre super-fight:

Today, I received an email from someone who trains in Team Roughhouse. Apparently over the weekend, Joe Silva called Paul Daley to let him know that the winner of his upcoming UFC 113 bout with Josh Koscheck will be the new coach on The Ultimate Fighter Season 12 with Georges St. Pierre coaching the opposite team. You're probably already putting the pieces together. Whoever is Georges St. Pierre's rival coach on TUF 12 will eventually face GSP at the end of the show and it will be for the UFC Welterweight title.

This confirms earlier rumors swirling from Dana White's statements a few weeks ago:

"I'm working on something right now that I can't talk to you guys about because I don't have it done yet," White said of the Koscheck-Daley fight, which takes place May 8 at UFC 113 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. "But it has to do with that fight, so we'll see what happens."

I have to admit, the winner of Koscheck vs Daley makes a very good case for a title shot, but I'm not a big fan of holding-up a title for several months so they can film and televise a reality show. Plus, having sniffed the idea of a possible dream match up between Silva and St. Pierre has already dulled my appetite in seeing GSP fight another welterweight contender.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/4/19/1431750/report-winner-of-josh-koscheck-vs

I am not happy with this at all.

TUF coaches shouldnt be champions. They have bigger things to do and worry about than this crap TV show.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
This is disappointing, Silva-GSP NEEDS to happen. Joe Silva needs to stop setting up lopsided fights for these champs. Nobody wants to watch Chael Sonnen get clowned and demolished, and nobodyy wants to see GSP own Koscheck AGAIN! (Although, i will admit that if Daley wins against Kos i would be interested in watching a Daley-GSP fight.)

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
This is disappointing, Silva-GSP NEEDS to happen. Joe Silva needs to stop setting up lopsided fights for these champs. Nobody wants to watch Chael Sonnen get clowned and demolished, and nobodyy wants to see GSP own Koscheck AGAIN! (Although, i will admit that if Daley wins against Kos i would be interested in watching a Daley-GSP fight.)
gsp never owned kos if kos would have got that TD in the last rd he would have won

·
Banned
689 Posts
I dont think so, they both had take-downs in the 1st round. GSP completly out struck Kos for the whole fight and had more take downs.
the first rd was given to kos while the 2nd was all gsp and the third there was nothing much in it besides some striking by gsp that never really done anything and than kos nearly got the takedown but gsp stuffed it and wound up on top, if kos got that than the round would have been his, thats two to one

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
That was then and this is now. I think Kos might be able to not get Hardy'd, Alves'd or Fitch'd, but I still think GSP would win the fight. Maybe Kos wins a round or even two to make things more exciting (one can hope, right?). If Daley wins, 50-45 GSP.

·
"I
6,923 Posts
I dont think so, they both had take-downs in the 1st round. GSP completly out struck Kos for the whole fight and had more take downs.
Kos' stand up has gotten markedly better since then though. Here's hoping he beats Daley because I really don't want GSP to fight another striker. He'll do the same thing to Daley he did to Hardy.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Kos' stand up has gotten markedly better since then though. Here's hoping he beats Daley because I really don't want GSP to fight another striker. He'll do the same thing to Daley he did to Hardy.
Agreed, GSP would have another snooze beat down with Daley... I watched a lot of his fights and been very impressed with his stand up, but he is like a fish out of the water when he hits the ground....

Which we already saw way to many times already... :sarcastic11: That would be like giving Anderson Silva another ground fighter LOL.... Oh wait... They did.... :confused02:

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
omg :( we can only pray, that Kos will win!

I think Kos is the biggest challenge for GSP right now. And we could actually see them in a 5 round Title fight. I am sure this would be the thoughest fight for GSP in years.

If Daley wins.. well then I am going to cry :sad02:

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Much as Kos annoys me, I would rather see him in with GSP than Daley right now.

I hate this situation. I very much want to see Kos get knocked out again but don't like that this fight is for a title shot as Daley is simply not ready. What can we do? Theres no one left for GSP to crush.

Having said that, if Daley manages to stuff some of Kos' takedowns, my interest may perk up a bit.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Dan Hardy has world class striking, many people underrate this aspect of his game. He is one of the few fighters in the WW division that can stand in front of Daley and give him a damn good striking match, even though my bet would be on Daley.

Now if Daley gets taken down by GSP I cannot see any offense from Daley as even Hardy would outgrapple him convincingly. Even if Daley had the best TDD defense in WW, he could perhaps stop 2 out of 8 takedown attempts by GSP. Daley only has a minute punchers chance against GSP imo.

I can see Koscheck losing 50-45 unanimously, while Koschecks all round game has improved since the first match his wrestling has stayed the same, GSP has improved to almost an Olympic level wrestler now.

I think Paulo Thiago should of been given a top WW and if victorious then he should be given the shot, he looks better in every fight and he did knock out Koscheck silly. I would give Paulo a 12% chance of beating GSP imo.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Dan Hardy has world class striking, many people underrate this aspect of his game. He is one of the few fighters in the WW division that can stand in front of Daley and give him a damn good striking match, even though my bet would be on Daley.

Now if Daley gets taken down by GSP I cannot see any offense from Daley as even Hardy would outgrapple him convincingly. Even if Daley had the best TDD defense in WW, he could perhaps stop 2 out of 8 takedown attempts by GSP. Daley only has a minute punchers chance against GSP imo.

I can see Koscheck losing 50-45 unanimously, while Koschecks all round game has improved since the first match his wrestling has stayed the same, GSP has improved to almost an Olympic level wrestler now.

I think Paulo Thiago should of been given a top WW and if victorious then he should be given the shot, he looks better in every fight and he did knock out Koscheck silly. I would give Paulo a 12% chance of beating GSP imo.
I agree with almost everything u said, and u made a good point, that even IF Daley had the best TDD, in all of MMA period, he would stuff like what? 2 maybe 3 out of 8 take downs....

I dont see even Anderson Silvas footwork being able to avoid it...

But i dont 100% agree with Paulo getting a Top WW first before Daley or Kos....

Just because of the fact that Kos WAS winning in the stand up and thats not even his Top Quality and Paulo has decent boxing and has good BJJ but Kos level of wrestling would be to much imo...

And i thought he got lucky Kos took him lightly enough and got comfortable enough to stand with him.... Even though Kos WAS clearly winning in the stand up fight they were having....

And i think if Kos didn't take him for granted and went straight for a wrestling match i think it would be a distinctive win for Kos...

But idk if Kos would beat Fitch or Alves.... I know he had short time to train for Alves, but Alves did work on Kos.... And i think Fitch has good enough wrestling to last with Kos and get a TKO, (If they weren't in the same camp)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Oh please God NOOOOOO!:sign03:

I hate it when champions are TUF coaches! It pushes back title defenses so far. We already had to wait damn near 8 months for GSP to defend his belt again after he got injured last August! Coaching TUF will push back his next defense at least 3 more months than it normally would have been. DAMMIT!!! :angry08::angry08::angry08:

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Is dissapointing as it is that we wont see the Silva/GSP superfight for some time now, if at all, I really do wanna see Daley stand with GSP, so bad.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.