Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say Okami should face Leben, maybe even for the next title shot. I honestly don't see how Belfort earned a title shot after one fight, a fight which wasn't even at 185. It's not like he's a big name, 103 did mediocre.

If that fight happens, I see Okami dominating Leben both on the ground and standing but Leben still has the chance to knock him out. That chance is very small though.

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
I have to believe Vitor would demolish Leben, though a fight with Yushin would be a tad more difficult to call. Fact is, while I, too, don't agree with Vitor's path towards the title, it's a fight that has people talking, and when it comes to MW, it's rare that Dana and Co. can keep people interested in championship matches. It's only just now, after several years, that we're seeing Anderson in fights which are legitimately generating buzz. Which means UFC is going to keep Vitor on reserve, much like they did with Cain, because the value of the impending title fight is worth more to the company than how Vitor arrived there.

I'd still like to see Leben square off against Wand, and hell... Marquardt vs. Okami sounds pretty damn interesting. Book it, Dana.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Anderson owes Okami a fight seeing as he ruined their first one! I'd be down with Leben/Okami for a title shot.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
I have to believe Vitor would demolish Leben, though a fight with Yushin would be a tad more difficult to call. Fact is, while I, too, don't agree with Vitor's path towards the title, it's a fight that has people talking, and when it comes to MW, it's rare that Dana and Co. can keep people interested in championship matches. It's only just now, after several years, that we're seeing Anderson in fights which are legitimately generating buzz. Which means UFC is going to keep Vitor on reserve, much like they did with Cain, because the value of the impending title fight is worth more to the company than how Vitor arrived there.

I'd still like to see Leben square off against Wand, and hell... Marquardt vs. Okami sounds pretty damn interesting. Book it, Dana.
If Marquardt gets past Rousimar Palhares then that would be a great fight.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
Nah it's definitely Leben vs Wanderlei and I'm taking the old school, but man that's going to be a WAR.

Okami should replace Alan Belcher vs Demian Maia.

Munoz should now take Brian Stann...hahah. Poor Brian would have faced like four or five wrestlers in all of his most recent fights.

·
Abusive
1,806 Posts
I'm not counting Leben out of anything. The kid has more heart than anyone I've ever seen, and he's quickly running up my 'favorite fighter' scale. I can't saying he'll beat Okami, but he will give Okami a good fight. Leben is far from the 'stepping stone' he used to be.

War ******* Leben!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Personally, I've given up on the possibility of Okami putting on an exciting fight. He's simply too cautious and tentative of a fighter.

Feel free to work on your tan/manicure/taxes during the first two rounds of any Okami fight. The dude's as big as a house, but he fights with the timidity of a mouse, at least for the first two rounds. Then he goes for broke in round three.

If Dana or Joe Silva book Okami and Anderson to fight, I guarantee the UFC sets a record for the fewest PPV buys in the past 3 years. :(

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Personally, I've given up on the possibility of Okami putting on an exciting fight. He's simply too cautious and tentative of a fighter.

Feel free to work on your tan/manicure/taxes during the first two rounds of any Okami fight. The dude's as big as a house, but he fights with the timidity of a mouse, at least for the first two rounds. Then he goes for broke in round three.

If Dana or Joe Silva book Okami and Anderson to fight, I guarantee the UFC sets a record for the fewest PPV buys in the past 3 years. :(
No way in hell. UFC 109 and 110 got around 200,000. It's going to be VERY hard to sell lower than that. Not to mention the promotion capabilities of that fight. Okami is one of the few to beat Silva. That's a lot of stuff to promote with.

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
I'm not counting Leben out of anything. The kid has more heart than anyone I've ever seen, and he's quickly running up my 'favorite fighter' scale. I can't saying he'll beat Okami, but he will give Okami a good fight. Leben is far from the 'stepping stone' he used to be.

War ******* Leben!
me too man, i like him more andf more everytime i see him, i would actually like leben to fight for the title against sonen/silva, im not surer how andersonw ould fight against someone who will come out guns blazing like leben(and yes i no wat happened the 1st time)

·
Registered
769 Posts
How about a matchup with Okami vs. winner of Nate / Paul Harris? Have Vitor fight Silva (or Sonnen....that just feels weird to say) next, and then the winner of Okami and Nate/Palhares for #1 contender post Vitor Belfort fight.
Leben is a good fighter and all, and he definitely stepped up big time in his last two fights, but I think he would get brutally tooled for a 2nd time by Silva if they fought. Let him fight Bisping or someone else instead for now.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How about a matchup with Okami vs. winner of Nate / Paul Harris? Have Vitor fight Silva (or Sonnen....that just feels weird to say) next, and then the winner of Okami and Nate/Palhares for #1 contender post Vitor Belfort fight.
Leben is a good fighter and all, and he definitely stepped up big time in his last two fights, but I think he would get brutally tooled for a 2nd time by Silva if they fought. Let him fight Bisping or someone else instead for now.
If Nate beats Harris and fights Okami, I think the outcome will be the same as his Sonnen fight. Get taken down and controlled.

Also, don't get me wrong, I don't see Leben beating Silva or Okami. I actually see it being a one sided fight either way, but he still deserves to be in the mix.

·
:|.Pie.|:
3,859 Posts
i think its pretty much a given that Okami is fighting the winner of Sonnen vs Silva even if Dana hasnt come out and said it. I could be wrong since i havent caught back up to speed yet though.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
i think its pretty much a given that Okami is fighting the winner of Sonnen vs Silva even if Dana hasnt come out and said it. I could be wrong since i havent caught back up to speed yet though.
Ummmmmm then what has Vitor been waiting for?

I think its:

Silva/Sonnen Vs Belfort
Nate/Palhares Vs Okami
Wanderlei Vs Leben

1 - 14 of 14 Posts