Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

World Fighting Alliance

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  CTFlyingKnee 
#1 ·
wfa.tv - these guys are serious about being the number contender. Did you hear about the ufc kicking jermey lappen out of the ufc 61 b/c he is with wfa?
Also, they have signed Quinton Jackson, he was a free agent, why didnt UFC pick him up? are they stupid?
They also signed bas rutten? does this mean he wont be color commentator for pride anymore? ALSO, the ufc let go quite a few guys that wfa picked up. LIKE ivan salaverry? why the hell would they not pick up his contract? once again, are they stupid? Salaverry was an exciting fighter, not to mention a damn good one. they also have signed bill goldberg as there color commentator, thought and comments people?
also who is going to win the Kimo and Bas fight? I say Bas
who is going to win nthe Rampage and Lindland fight? I say Rampage

#2 ·
natboki said:
Also, they have signed Quinton Jackson, he was a free agent, why didnt UFC pick him up? are they stupid?
Usually, stuff like this has everything to do with money, or course. Rampage probably wanted more than UFC was either willing or capable of offering him for a contract at the time. Meanwhile, he gets offered a sweet deal by wfa to be a headlining superstar for that organization. He'd be a star no matter what organization he went to (as evident by his awesome run in Pride), but I think he got offered a ton of loot, and saw the opportunity to be their champ for a long time.

#3 ·
Rampage must have got a lot of money to sign with the wfa. Bas is finished with pride as far as being the commentator. As far as Ivan, I dont know why they let this guy go. He is an awsome fighter and the ufc could have used him to pad the mw division. I think that rampage should win the fight with lindland pretty easily. The bas fight is going to be interesting because bas has not faught in like 7 years or something like that but he should come into the fight in good shape.

#4 ·
cro.cop123 said:
Rampage must have got a lot of money to sign with the wfa. Bas is finished with pride as far as being the commentator. As far as Ivan, I dont know why they let this guy go. He is an awsome fighter and the ufc could have used him to pad the mw division. I think that rampage should win the fight with lindland pretty easily. The bas fight is going to be interesting because bas has not faught in like 7 years or something like that but he should come into the fight in good shape.
Bas is way better then kimo even in a wheel chair. And he has been training with his IFL team so he will be ready to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.