Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen plenty of threads about the best chin in MMA. So I pose this question to you.

Who has the worst chin in MMA?

Jardine comes to mind for me.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
I will throw Kendal Grove in there. Along with Terry Martin.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Jardine...Arlovski...and lately Chuck Lidell. I don't know if it sounds that strange, but i think his chin has weakenned a lot.
Doesn't sound strange at all. That's what happens. the more you get ko'd the easier it becomes.

Chuck did the right thing by staying out of the gym for months. Hopefully his brain has had time to reattached itself to his skull.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Big baby's chin is non existent. How can such a mammoth of a man have such a weak chin, baffles the mind.

·
Great Googly Moogly!
1,407 Posts
I don't understand why people keep saying Keith Jardine. Dude took 3 rounds of haymakers from Rampage and survived. Just because he got blasted a few times by extremely heavy handed fighters (Alexander, Wanderlei, Thiago) doesn't mean he has a bad chin.

Now his defense on the other hand is a bit sketchy and that's due to his style but his chin is still decent.

Johnathan Goulet runs away with this easily. You could blow on that guy the wrong way and he would get dazed. If his chin weren't so terrible he would have a lot more wins on his record.

Arlovski is up there as well. What makes his losses so hard to watch is the look he gives afterward. He looks so heartbroken and depressed after every knockout loss.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Its Goulet, you know its a shame alot of people don't realize that Goulet is a damn good fighter who was just not born to be a fighter.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I don't understand why people keep saying Keith Jardine. Dude took 3 rounds of haymakers from Rampage and survived. Just because he got blasted a few times by extremely heavy handed fighters (Alexander, Wanderlei, Thiago) doesn't mean he has a bad chin.

Now his defense on the other hand is a bit sketchy and that's due to his style but his chin is still decent.

Johnathan Goulet runs away with this easily. You could blow on that guy the wrong way and he would get dazed. If his chin weren't so terrible he would have a lot more wins on his record.

Arlovski is up there as well. What makes his losses so hard to watch is the look he gives afterward. He looks so heartbroken and depressed after every knockout loss.
Arlovski breaks my heart because of how good he actually is. His stand up is great but if you've seen his ko losses he gets clocked really hard. They're all one punch ko's , I actually think if he developed better defence he wouldn't get ko'ed as much. He lets his guard go down a little to much because he believes hes about to win a fight then bam! he gets ko'ed.Its a shame really that he's past it now

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I really think Arlovski's chin is underrated, it is certainly not great but the list of people who have knocked him out is a whose who of some serious power punchers its not like he was getting knocked out by scrubs.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.