Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Most boring to watch?

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wich fighter in the UFC has the worst Lay n Pray. Meaning wich fighter constantly takes down opponents and doesnt try to finish with strikes or submissions. In my opinion it would probably be Sean sherk. There are others who are probably alot worse that arent coming to mind, but i jost watched Sherk-Florian and i can say that is some of the worst lay n pray i have seen in a while. Sherk locks onto him and barely throws any punches and zero submision attempts in a horribly boring Five round fight.

p.s This is definately one of the most boring title fights in the last few years, dont bother watching it.......ever.....dont say you werent warned.

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
easy, jon fitch ugh

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
GSP doesnt have lay and pray... did you only watch his one fight against Hardy or something? If you look at any other of GSPs fights, he is constantly doing damage and trying to finish a fight.

one poor performance on the ground doesnt deserve a lay and pray title.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
GSP does NOT lay n pray. It does get tiring hearing people say that about him.

For me Josh Koscheck is the worst - but only when he gets into that mode. Kos has decent stand up and can do some decent damage but in his last fight with Paul Daley he dry humped him for 15mins and i nearly fell asleep!

Outside the UFC King Mo vs Mousassi was the WORST lay and pray i have ever seen! That fight was an abomination!

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Somehow I'm thinking Gray Maynard. He's become a standup guy in his recent fights, but when I think Gray Maynard I automatically think boring decision.

Clay Guida comes to mind. He's got the most active lay and pray ever. I can't really say he doesn't try to finish fights, it just seems he's not capable to most of the time which results in rather uneventful fights which most people seem to like because he never stops... and he's got weird hair.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
I do not get why people say Jon Fitch is a lnp'er. He is one of the few guys always trying to advance his position on the ground and never just lays on someone and throws a few fists to keep it from being stood up. Go watch his fights with Alves, he finished him in the first, and had his back several times in the second one starting from full guard each time. Sounds like he is doing work to me!

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
I used to be a huge GSP fan but lately he's become such a boring wrestler. He's turned into a LNP monster.

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
Since GSP and Fitch fight very similar its hard to say one and not the other. Though i wouldnt say they Lay n Pray. They'd just rather not risk losing top control.

Kos is probably the one which springs to mind. I'd say Sherk but he hasnt been active for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
There is a lay and pray thread and no one has mentioned Rashad Evans yet? I really have zero interest in watching that Ali wanna-be dance around.... take someone down and then give them a slow sensual hump.

A little off topic but I still absolutely loved whenThiago Silva finally got the fight standing again and damn near put Rashad out while mocking him.

And who honestly leaves neg rep for this and doesn't identify themselves... what a *****....

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
I'd say GSP has to be up there just because of how he used to fight. He has never KO'd anyone. He has some TKO's. But not a single win where he actually KO'd anyone. He has so much talent but is so worried about losing he takes them down and "kinda LnP'. I wouldn't say it is completly LnP. But when compared to the old GSP it is.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The absolute gold standard for LNP was Shamrock vs Gracie at UFC 5.

I can't think of a fighter that even comes close to that performance.

·
Registered
193 Posts
easy, jon fitch ugh
LOL DAMN STRAIGHT my votes the same , i dont think FItch has finished any oppentent but he brags no one in the UFC has finished him , check promos from the last even for full dialogue , i guess thats the counter to all the bashing he gets for not being able to finish anyone

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
There is a lay and pray thread and no one has mentioned Rashad Evans yet? I really have zero interest in watching that Ali wanna-be dance around.... take someone down and then give them a slow sensual hump.

A little off topic but I still absolutely loved whenThiago Silva finally got the fight standing again and damn near put Rashad out while mocking him.
Rashad isn't mentioned cos no matter how much he tries to lay and pray guys keep standing back up!

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Fitch without question. He can't even finish weaker fighters in the division because he doesn't even try, just holds on and controls. At least guys like Guida will strike or GSP looks to pass guard and go for submissions etc. Fitch is just willing to sit on fighters and do just enough so that it isn't stood up, that is why his last 7 wins have gone to decision...

For those saying GSP... His last 7 wins have been 4 by decision, 2 by tko and 1 by submission. And his fights have been against the best in the division compared to some of the low end guys Fitch couldn't finish.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts