Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
phillipe nover vs kyle bradley

yves lavigne at his best, phillipe gets cracked and goes limp for a splt second than rolls and try's for a leg than pulls guard while completely conscious, yves stops it.

aaron riley vs shane nelson
aaron gets dropped but immediately recovers

amir sabdollah vs johnny hendricks

THE ABSOLUTE WORST STOPPAGE is fedor vs arlofski
arlofski was clearly pulling guard and waiting for fedor to follow him to the ground but big john mcarthy called a halt to the action even though AA was wide awake and even congratulated fedor afterwards out of humility even though it was a terrible call and ROBBED!!!! him of certain victory.

arlovski was so SHOCKED!!! he is simply staring at the mat in SHEER DISBELIEF!!

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Gonzaga VS Cro Cop

Ref was an idiot. You can clearly see Mirko preparing to utilize his reverse rubberguard by the way he positioned his ankle behind his own chin when he strategically placed himself on the mat after that head kick. He was clearly luring Gonzaga to the ground for some good old fasion Jitz....

Horrible stoppage.

Reactions: Kin

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
I thought Hendo vs Bisping was a little premature.
Gonzaga VS Cro Cop

Ref was an idiot. You can clearly see Mirko preparing to utilize his reverse rubberguard by the way he positioned his ankle behind his own chin when he strategically placed himself on the mat after that head kick. He was clearly luring Gonzaga to the ground for some good old fasion Jitz....

Horrible stoppage.
If we're on the subject.... Rashad against Chuck.
Worst stoppage of 2008!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sylvia Vs Myr

You could see Tim trained hard on getting his forearm to bend backwards like that.

and for Herb Dean to stop it like that is a damn shame!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
What about when Nate Quarry takes a baby shot from Rich and decides to taunt him on the ground with the old time boxing pose and the ref stops it.....no justice in this world.

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
I admit there have been some debateable stoppages through the long and wonderous history of MMA, but suggesting Fedor vs Arlovski is one is redic! When you jump into an overhand and fall face first to the mat. Its over. Face down vacantly staring at the mat is not a version of pulling guard. Come on man!

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
I admit there have been some debateable stoppages through the long and wonderous history of MMA, but suggesting Fedor vs Arlovski is one is redic! When you jump into an overhand and fall face first to the mat. Its over. Face down vacantly staring at the mat is not a version of pulling guard. Come on man!
Your humour chip is malfunctioning Squirrel.

lol @ Redic

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
Your humour chip is malfunctioning Squirrel.

lol @ Redic
I meant that as a joke, but my tone doesn't translate without the use of various smiley faces...uber fail on my part!

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Being more serious...how about Koscheck vs Paulo Thiago?!
I know it has been discussed over and over again, but one short answer: was that a bad stoppage?
YES?! or NO?!:)

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
I think Carwin vs Lesnar was a horrible stoppage. What the ref saw as tapping was clearly Carwin testing for the weak part on Lesnars arm. He was going to break the sub by breaking Lesnars arm. I can't believe that Rosenthal didn't see the genious in Carwin's plan!

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
I think Carwin vs Lesnar was a horrible stoppage. What the ref saw as tapping was clearly Carwin testing for the weak part on Lesnars arm. He was going to break the sub by breaking Lesnars arm. I can't believe that Rosenthal didn't see the genious in Carwin's plan!
Engineering plan :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts